Royal Gossip
April 22, 2018, 07:17:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Diana's Marriage  (Read 34669 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2017, 12:33:28 am »

I think he did love her, but the pressures of the position caused some cracks and then Camilla wormed her way in. Charles didn't care enough about Camilla to make her a wife and if he truly wanted her, he would have moved heaven and earth to be her husband even if it meant a huge scandal. He loved and respected Diana and yes, Diana's lineage was a huge boost in that direction. I think with Diana he was a lot more straightforward and basically would have lived a more matter-of-fact life and dealt with his problems. However, Camilla was unable to handle the rejection and being left behind and in the shadows (who does handle that kind of mistreatment?).

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #261 on: August 15, 2017, 10:34:08 am »

Campon's PR machine keeps ramming down our throats that Chuck and Diana had nothing in common but they did: both wanted a proper family life and be as hands on as possible.
Both were fun loving and loved an active lifestyle.
Here we see Chuck welcoming Diana on their honeymoon and he obviously wants to show her a good time.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/04/article-2057550-0EA9F9ED00000578-515_634x453.jpg
Soooo, Campon keeps calling constantly to make sure the mood turns sour.
At that time her calls would have been "innocent" so Chuck wouldn't recognize it as something improper to do.
But come on, calling a man during his honeymoon is abnormal stalking behavior as any woman knows.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #262 on: August 15, 2017, 02:13:18 pm »

I was always under the impression that Charles did love Camilla, but she was already married to the Parker bowles guy....and HM and Phil forbade it, and pushed Diana at him, pressuring him.
thats not to say Camilla was not jealous, Im sure she was and did everything to keep her relationship with Charles going on the side.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2017, 02:26:09 pm »

I think it's a abnormal behavior a man in his honeymoon to be calling his mistress (that was going on according to diana and others... not the other way around).

He loved and respected Diana and yes, Diana's lineage was a huge boost in that direction.

I dont think he saw anything about Diana as a huge boost more like a threat... since early 1980s he liked remember her everything she had became was because of him not because of her as a person

Look what she said Paul Johnson:
She told me: 'He [Charles] said to me: they're not cheering you, you know, because you're you. They're cheering you because you are married to me. Get that into your thick head.'
She added, 'I thought at first he was right and tried to be humble. But I'm not married to him any more, and they still cheer me.
So I must have something.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280369/Diana-told-wanted-air-hostess--didnt-brains.html#ixzz4ppD3zUVu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
sandy
Princess

« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2017, 03:39:32 pm »

Stephen Barry, Charles valet recalled Charles called Camilla "several times" during his honeymoon with Diana.  Camilla was always "there" and I think she coveted what Diana had even though the spin said she never wanted anything.  Camilla knew that Charles was self centered so she catered to him and probably put down Diana to him as much as she could when he complained.  The Queen knew about Camilla and Charles and should have sent APB and Camilla on assignment overseas or given Charles an ultimatum early on. The spin is sickening making Camilla "saintly" and Diana "mad and bad". I don't know how people believe the nasty stuff that Junor writes. Camilla was the other woman and Diana was the wife which is something Junor conveniently glosses over. Charles and Diana should have had maybe one or two more children and settled in to a marriage. Allegedly Camilla advised that he have no more than two children with Diana. I would not put it past her.

I don't think Philip "pushed" Charles to do anything. I think Charles wanted to marry then and have children. What Philip just told him to try to make up his mind and the option was on the table to drop Diana. If Charles felt he did not love Diana yes he should have dropped her. Camilla was said to be encouraging the match so she could have the "mouse" of a wife she could manipulate.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:42:20 pm by sandy » Logged
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2017, 04:40:36 pm »

^
Agree with what PP allegedly told Chuck.
I think he meant that Chuck had to think long and hard about a future with Diana.
Back in the day it was not a good idea to string a teenage virgin Earls's daughter along and harm her reputation.
It was not like he HAD to marry Diana because it was his last chance for starting a family.
On the contrary even, back then Chuck was quite handsome an an eligible bachelor.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2017, 05:03:50 pm »

Back then Charles was considered the TOP eligible bachelor and had had a string of lovers; he was no slouch and he was handsome. I don't think Diana's version should be trusted entirely. She was loaded with so much bitterness and as for her rep, Philip cared because Diana was titled, not because of the person under the title. The BRF operates (like any class really) on the basis of chivalry being shown only to the titled and connected, not the untitled and unconnected. I do believe that Camilla's honor and reputation wasn't as considered for Camilla's sake. The BRF had no issue of Camilla being used and dishonored, but with Diana it was different; I do think that ate away at Camilla, who had the BRF at her wedding to APB, but only in the context that she was not becoming one of the BRF. Camilla was even okay as a mistress to the Queen Mother, but would have wanted to strangle Charles for wanting to marry Camilla. Even the QM got upset at Camilla leaving her husband and Charles divorcing.

I can't imagine what it did to Camilla's mind, being okay as a mistress/plaything, but not as a respectable wife. I am sure that Camilla was eaten up by anger and resentment and jealousy, seeing Diana get the titles and respect, but she, Camilla, was just used and then tossed aside.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2017, 08:06:12 pm »

^
Campon must have been eaten by jealousy and resentment and she imo projected all those negativity onto D and C's marriage.
Apart from not buying PP forcing Chuck to marry I also don't buy the Campon encouraging Chuck to marry Diana saga.
She HAD to play along and pretend to be happy for Chuck.
There is no way Diana could be seen as an easily manipulated mouse wife.
No, Campon might have been after the meltdown of C and D's marriage from day one and blame the whole thing on Diana AND Chuck.
Diana: Mad and Bad.
Chuck:Immature and Indecisive.
Campon:Saint and Savior.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/31/38/02/3138028ed2793262d46a9386d42e5cb9--prince-charles-charles-and-diana.jpg
Looks like a happily married couple to me.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2017, 08:33:38 pm »

I think Charles was unable to handle Diana's fears and I don't think Charles COULD see Camilla for the manipulative witch she was; we all know the stories of someone who thought the person they hooked up with was decent, but ended up in a bad situation. Charles regrettably couldn't see what Diana did and I can't really fault him for that. I got mixed up with a BAD crowd and I can only see the issues in retrospect. I can't imagine how hurt Camilla must have felt at being used and discarded, but I do blame Camilla for not choosing to put a stop to Charles' attentions and focusing on her own married life. I also don't think Diana was brainless, just not taken seriously because of her age and admittedly being attractive didn't always help. Diana was too quickly objectified and hadn't really established herself yet.

Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2017, 09:13:12 pm »

Both had growing up to do.
If it would have been just the two of them in the marriage they IMO had every chance to be fine eventually.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2017, 12:18:55 am »

Back then Charles was considered the TOP eligible bachelor and had had a string of lovers; he was no slouch and he was handsome. I don't think Diana's version should be trusted entirely. She was loaded with so much bitterness and as for her rep, Philip cared because Diana was titled, not because of the person under the title. The BRF operates (like any class really) on the basis of chivalry being shown only to the titled and connected, not the untitled and unconnected. I do believe that Camilla's honor and reputation wasn't as considered for Camilla's sake. The BRF had no issue of Camilla being used and dishonored, but with Diana it was different; I do think that ate away at Camilla, who had the BRF at her wedding to APB, but only in the context that she was not becoming one of the BRF. Camilla was even okay as a mistress to the Queen Mother, but would have wanted to strangle Charles for wanting to marry Camilla. Even the QM got upset at Camilla leaving her husband and Charles divorcing.

I can't imagine what it did to Camilla's mind, being okay as a mistress/plaything, but not as a respectable wife. I am sure that Camilla was eaten up by anger and resentment and jealousy, seeing Diana get the titles and respect, but she, Camilla, was just used and then tossed aside.

As it turned out, Charles Dimbleby book meshed with much of what DIana said via Morton. He admitted the affair and the times he had the affair with Camilla (rather alarming was that he was with her through his courtships of Amanda Knatchbull and Anna Wallace and right before he courted Diana--Camilla had a husband and two small children when Charles made her his married mistress.

I do think Camilla was always in the drivers' seat, she made the most of being the Mistress of the PRince of Wales and threw her weight around. She had nerve and undermined the wife and even usurped her place as Hostess at Highgrove.  Camilla would have been tossed aside if Charles was possessed of morals so he would think it wrong to bed his friend's wife. He had a similar arrangement with the Tryons.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2017, 01:00:34 am »

Don't forget Lady Jane Wellington; all of them knew about Camilla and clearly I do find it jolting that he didn't see what the women saw, that Camilla wasn't going anywhere. I am certain that it made other prominent families uneasy, that their female relatives would have to contend with a determined mistress. I honestly do believe that the chances of any wife surviving that woman would in fact be impossible. As for Charles, I don't think he understood the reality of how Camilla clearly wanted to cross that line from mistress to wife and I do believe that being fairly dense and naive, it never occurred to Charles that Camilla wouldn't be honest with him.

In Charles' defense, it is DIFFICULT to see what can be obvious to others. I do think that Charles clearly wasn't as schooled to see the warning signs since the courtiers did all his thinking for him since he was a kid. He wasn't raised to be clever or cynical or take a realistic view of human nature. Diana saw it, clearly, but thing is, that she wasn't taken seriously by the BRF (big mistake) and clearly she didn't think that it would go so far as to Camilla being able to mess with her head. I don't think Diana knew she would have to deal with a royal family that was so up their arse that it never occurred to them that a mistress messing with a wife should not have been tolerated.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2017, 03:20:45 pm »

The thing I found the most hypocritical was that Charles rejected Davina Sheffield (she passed the Balmoral test and it was said he wanted to marry her) because an ex came forward and said they lived together. But then again, Charles was sleeping with married women and had "arrangements" with their husbands.  Really sordid but he was the one who was Mr Clean and could get on his moral high horse (or so he thought). The trouble is Charles was raised to think himself "special" and could do what he wanted and because he was born first he was "above" all others. The Queen knew about Camilla if she wanted her son to settle down he should have assigned APB a post overseas and he could take his family with him.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #273 on: August 16, 2017, 03:53:56 pm »

^ I know it was different times and all, but when I see what was allowed to marry into the BRF it just makes me think of how bad Margaret got screwed over.

I haven't played since I stopped
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #274 on: August 16, 2017, 07:30:41 pm »

http://nypost.com/2016/04/16/how-operation-pb-aims-to-take-camilla-from-mistress-to-queen/
Campon schemed and schemed for YEARS, even before Chuck met Diana. ick
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2017, 04:15:49 pm »

Awh, they all deserved each other.
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2017, 10:51:02 pm »

I believe that Charles loved Diana in the first days, but 12 years is a lot, and they did not have a lot in common... Diana was irrealistic and manipulative and wanted everything on her way...
Well to make a marriage work, love is not enough, you need to respect the other and you need to allow other things that you don't like and be part of it... it's true that Diana left things for Charles like friends... but it's also true that Charles did the same, and Diana wanted everything on her way... apparently when Charles was praying Diana was mean to throw a pillow at him... this shows  little respect, if she was not a religious person (and she was not) she should allow him to do it it will not cause her any harm... she should never arrest Charles from Balmoral and stay in lodge... because he will not be able to not be with his family... they might not be nice, but it's not doing this that she would get them on her side... and we need to say that all her paranoia about Camilla and they trying to sedate her with pills, just made all this to collapse.. off course that Charles having 1500 woman around him was not helping and just made her really jealous.

Because I believe that she has done all that show on Fayed's yacht to be there and to take the limelight from Camila because she loved Charles... I'm with Sarah Bradford she pretended that she was reconciled with him, but she was not really

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2017, 11:44:42 pm »

Diana was realistic and not manipulative. So was she manipulative because she wanted a faithful husband? Charles even wore his mistress's cufflinks gifts on honeymoon and carried her photos around. Charles was the unrealistic one because he thought it was "OK" for him to keep on contacting the married mistress. His friends were "civilized" about sharing their wives with Charles (ANdrew Parker Bowles and Lord Tryon). I don't see that as realistic at all, just a self centered spoiled man doing as he pleases. Diana was a mere means to an end for him, he needed legitimate heirs. He did not pursue Camilla as a wife in the early seventies and he knew she was seeing Andrew Parker Bowles. He could not have even been bothered to tell her to wait for him when he went to see saying later to his biographer he was "too young" to get married.Why should not a wife expect a loving husband and think he married her for love? Do you believe all the stories tossed about like the 'praying story' which has no real proof. Who said she did that? A friend of Charles? Diana is not here to confirm or deny the story so I t hink it cheap gossip. I am sorry you buy into it. Diana had no "paranoia" about Camilla she was spot on. Camilla IMO was a scheming woman who coveted what Diana had and got it. How is it paranoia? Camilla called Diana "that ridiculous creature." Camilla was and is a snake and is probably IMO the one who said Diana 'hit" Charles when he prayed. Charles apparently was not that  moral sleeping with his friends' wives, pre DIana.   Charles is a weakling who never took responsibility for anything and even has his minions spread stories about his dead wife (I totally don't believe the "praying" story, Did he care for Kanga the other married mistress that he dumped and would not even talk to her when she was dying. Camilla loves herself and IMO Charles does too. Camilla even lives in a separate residence now. I think Charles' spin tries to paint Diana as "irrational" to try to whitewash his bad behavior. The pity is that this spin is believed.

So  Diana's picture was on the cover instead of Camilla's? It would be no contest for a newspaper between Diana on a yacht and Camilla wearing bling smirking at the cameras. why should Diana not have had her photo taken? Good for her.

Sarah Bradford's book about Diana is not pro Charles. She questions why Charles would court a besotted teenager when he admitted in 1994 to his biographer that he "preferred" his mistress to his bride, Diana. And she does not say DIana has paranoia. The one who said that was Charles' good friend Nicholas Soames. WHo is trying to protect his friend Charles by trashing Diana. Diana was spot on about Camilla and her husband.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:53:10 pm by sandy » Logged
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2017, 12:05:37 am »

Was she not manipulative? Are sure about that? even the people that worked on media said that... and her father also said that to get what she wants she was able to do everything, just like her old son...

everyone agrees with that on the vast majority of the documentaries... I am not saying that what Charles did was right, no not at all, but at the time was the way that things worked... his friends were ok to share their wives was an honour to have his wife as the prince of Wales mistress... I don't see a problem using the cc's, but in fact, the photos are weird... but what about Diana destroying all the paintings that Charles had... Isn't very nice, right? we call to this respect the other right to have his own time...

And yes she was unrealistic because we can't ask our husband that has a lot of commitments to drop everything off to stay with us at home...
but she was a child.... actually I believe that she only understood all the mess that she did with panorama and Morton's book when she lost everything in her divorce... title property and even the money 17 million was not enough for her to survive in a long-term, it's not that much if you see all the extravaganza that she lived...

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2017, 12:22:48 am »

She had to be. She was up against two manipulative people. Did you know that Charles' friends leaked stories about Diana in the eighties and before Morton? Stuart Higgins, then the Sun Editor said Camilla rang him up to give "her side" of the story and for ten years during the Charles and Diana marriage? Sally Smith and Sarah Bradford among others corroborated this. Diana went to Morton to get "her side out" because with the stories leaked by Charles friends. Diana used the media to defend herself. And you don't think Charles and Camilla have used the media? Their good friend Penny Junor has raised Camilla to sainthood and trashes Diana every chance she gets. Diana is not here to defend herself. Who are "everyone" The documentaries featured talk of Diana's charity work and calling attention to causes and William and Harry's recollections of her as a devoted mother to them. Charles married Diana to get heirs. Do you really think it an "honor" for a Prince to sleep with another man's wife. If they thought that way they must have been super sycophantic to Charles. I think it sick. It is wrong. How is it an "honor?"

Diana destroyed Charles art supplies? How is this "known"? Who said it? One of Charles' friends or maybe Camila? Junor is known to be a Charles sycophant and she admits she loathes Diana. She is totally biased. She can say Diana robbed a bank and Diana is not around to defend herself. Why not read other books besides Junor? Charles was seen aiming a blow at Diana as she got into a car (he stopped when he saw the cameras). He put down Diana in public and people observed.

What about the mess Charles caused by getting involved with married women? The Queen was even warned about Charles' association with Camilla (pre Diana) but chose to do nothing about it. Charles even caused embarrassment in 1980 by having Camilla along as his "official escort" to Zimbabwe.  

Diana sold her iconic gowns for charity. If she were as strapped for money as you think she was, she would have hocked the gowns for more $$$. The money went to Charity.  How do you know what she needed to live on to survive?

Charles had that embarrassing interview in 1994 causing Andrew Parker Bowles to divorce Camilla. He named Camilla as his mistress for all the world to hear and he got criticized for it.

Kanga paid dearly for her husband being willing to Share Her with Charles. Charles dumped her and would not even talk to her when she was dying.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:24:44 am by sandy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: