Royal Gossip
August 20, 2017, 10:49:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Diana's Marriage  (Read 18874 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:46 pm »

Harry's interview: http://articles.cnn.com/2002-09-15/world/uk.royal_1_prince-harry-birthday-arms?_s=PM:WORLD

Harry's tribute to his mother at Memorial Service
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1561765/Prince-Harry-leads-tributes-at-Diana-memorial.html

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:22:36 pm by sandy » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 07:36:57 pm »

Sight why can't they love both their parents and like Camilla at the same time? I am sure they are capable of it .
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 07:39:32 pm »

What has this anything to do with what I posted? Who said he doesn't love his mother? SHE IS HIS MOTHER for the  love of God why can't Diana fans handle the Triangle of Bermuda as well as William and Harry have?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 07:42:18 pm »

She is not the Bermuda Triangle which is a geographic location in the world. She was a person and mother of two of the most famous people on the planet who yes do talk about her publicly. I t hink it disrespectful to dismiss Diana this way. I don't get the comparison to the Bermuda Triangle jane. How do we know they 'love' Camilla or how they feel about her privately for that matter. They may be cordial to her for the sake of their father but I don't think it a great love fest. I think they love their father and are cordial to her for his sake. Comparing her to the Bermuda Triangle just illustrates the negativity you have towards her. If someone said this to William and harry I think they'd say Huh?!

I would hardly compare the feelings the boys have for their parents Diana and Charles to how they feel about Camilla. Their feelings for their mother are light years away from however they feel about their stepmother-saying they love Camilla as much as their  mother and father I think is insulting to Charles and Diana.. Camilla didn't raise them, their father married her when they were grown ups and they have their own lives now.

No matter how much some hope and pray Diana is airbrushed out and dismissed as a Bermuda Triangle, she is always going to be  prominent  and she is greatly missed.

I have every right to post my links. It compares the throwaway comments Harry made about his Stepmother to his heartfelt and genuine tributes to his much loved mother.

As i said, I think they forgive but don't forget.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:49:42 pm by sandy » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 10:27:36 pm »

^Prince Charles, Diana, Camilla = Triangle of Bermuda (I though everybody would get it) given that Camilla is their stepmother and has a very specific place in their life and was introduced to Will in 1997 ( he was 15) and Harry in 1999 ( he was 14) to say she wasn't there while they were growing up is incorrect (Harry said she was)...besides that as I said Will and Harry have a heart big enough for all three of them Charles, Diana , Camilla I don't see why loving their mother means they can't forget what role Camilla played in their family's history and that they can't like her that would be incorrect too like Harry in his own words explained especially if you take into consideration they would have her as a stepmother no matter what even if Diana lived .You can ignore what Harry said it's a free world but he did say it and it is on video ...
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 01:31:51 am »

This all reminds me of someone.. the butler to The Dowager Duchess of Rutland... who "hated" Diana with a great passion, as much as he loved Camz with a great passion.

Sad little man.

I doubt Diana has been anywhere near Bermuda ..  tehe  I can hear her giggling now.

It was a triangle that was terribly painful to all concerned, except perhaps to Camilla who got what she wanted.

William and Harry have not finished their say.. and we shall see when their Dad pops his clogs what they really think.. until then, they are doing their duty ... the jury is still out.

William hates to make waves.. Harry, on the other hand, does not rush to stand by Camilla in photographs or events... body language speaks loudly IMO.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 02:17:06 am »

^Prince Charles, Diana, Camilla = Triangle of Bermuda (I though everybody would get it) given that Camilla is their stepmother and has a very specific place in their life and was introduced to Will in 1997 ( he was 15) and Harry in 1999 ( he was 14) to say she wasn't there while they were growing up is incorrect (Harry said she was)...besides that as I said Will and Harry have a heart big enough for all three of them Charles, Diana , Camilla I don't see why loving their mother means they can't forget what role Camilla played in their family's history and that they can't like her that would be incorrect too like Harry in his own words explained especially if you take into consideration they would have her as a stepmother no matter what even if Diana lived .You can ignore what Harry said it's a free world but he did say it and it is on video ...

There is no recrod of Harry saying Camilla was around when he was growing up. Charles had by all accounts respected  Diana's wishes about not having the boys around Camilla when they were growing up. She said that she didn't  want the boys to see Camilla coming out of Charles' bedroom in the morning.  THe boys were sent on Summer vacations (after the separation) with their father in Scotland--back then the Queen Mum was alive and by all accounts did not want Camilla around.  Diana would have hit the ceiling if Camilla played "Mum" to her sons when she played hostess at Highgrove. That's something even Camilla never dared to do while Diana was still alive. Besides which for much of the time the boys grew up Camilla was married to APB and had children of her own.

Harry and William were duly reported by the press at being present at the November 1998 50th birthday party for Charles. SO Harry met Camilla in n1998. Much ado was made about Camilla being invited to tea earler in 1998. It is all in the literature

I think both Harry and William accepted Camilla for their dad's sake. I don't think they see her as a "second Mum" but as the woman their father married, his second wife.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 08:34:50 am »

^He would have married her anyways and how Diana felled about it would have meant nothing Camilla would have still been in William and Harry's life as their stepmother no matter what even if Diana lived plus wouldn't that be hypocritical of Diana? She forced Doti on the poor little boys there are reports they wanted to leave when she forced them to vacation with him and his family...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 02:42:15 pm »

Jane i suggest you do some research. The "poor little boys" had the time of their lives and for only part of the vacation was Dodi even there and not yet involved with Diana. She didn't "force" Dodi on the boys. Dodi's father a close friend of Diana's father and stepmother (Raine worked for Al Fayed at Harrod's) invited Diana and the boys to go on a vacation cruise. There are plenty of pics of the boys swimming and going jet skiing with their mother and the Fayed children. They didn't look miserable to me. This was approved by the Queen when Diana asked permission to take the boys. Mohammed Al Fayed had a wife and four children who were close to William and Harry's age. It was a family style vacation. Dodi was invited by his father to join the group later and Diana had nothing to do with inviting Dodi . The romance started After William and Harry left to join their father in Scotland . By all accounts the boys did enjoy the yacht cruise. Instead of saying these things that Dodi was "forced" on the boys why not do some research instead of trying to rewrite what actually happened.

Of course Charles would have married Camllla anyway. However, I don't think Charles would have been able to use the boys in his spin to get Camilla accepted the way he did after Diana died.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:45:21 pm by sandy » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 05:20:40 pm »

^If you say so.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 05:47:42 pm »

It's not Me that says so it's in the literature and contemporary accounts of when it all happened. Raine Spencer did work for harrod's and was a friend of Al Fayed's. Diana's father was friendly with Al Fayed. So Diana didn't pick up some random  man and "inflicted him" upon the "poor boys."  The boys were already acquainted with the senior Al Fayed via their grandfather's connection to him. You make a pleasant vacation sound like they were on Devil's Island and Diana "forced this on them." I wish someone would force a nice luxury yacht trip on me sometime.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:50:21 pm by sandy » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 06:57:09 pm »

^I was just saying that Diana took the boys on a vacation with a man she was involved with months after the divorce so she stood no ground saying anything about Prince Charles having Camilla with him when he was with the boys.
Ps: "Triangle of Bermuda" is used now for triangles since Jennifer Aniston famously called herself Angelina a Brad "Triangle of Bermuda"  tehe (love her  newyear).
sandy
Princess

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 08:27:16 pm »

Again check the sources. Diana was just coming out of a relationship with Hasnet Khan ca. 1997. She went to the al Fayed yacht because she wanted to spend time with the boys on a vacation. She was not "involved" with Dodi Fayed when she and the boys went on the yacht.  In fact he was not even on the yacht when Diana and sons arrived. Look it up.

So Charles had a very public birthday  party for Camilla "months after the divorce" (actually it was 11 months). Diana started her involvement with Dodi about a year after the divorce.  Why is it "wrong" for Diana to be involved with someone after she divorced when Charles gets a free pass and no tsk tsking over him. Double standard? And I doubt Charles had a "mourning period" after the divorce, by all accounts he was spending time with Camilla. Diana had just as much right to see others publicly and "date"   as Charles did now that both were divorced.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:31:38 pm by sandy » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 10:45:54 pm »

^Nothing wrong with Di having relationships after the divorce Lord knows her marriage had been dead since 1986 it's having the children involved so soon after the divorce I have a problem with since William and Harry were no where near Camilla's party I don't see why I or anyone else should have a problem with it  blink.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:49:14 pm by Jane23 » Logged
Ivy
royal watcher

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 11:31:31 pm »

Again check the sources. Diana was just coming out of a relationship with Hasnet Khan ca. 1997. She went to the al Fayed yacht because she wanted to spend time with the boys on a vacation. She was not "involved" with Dodi Fayed when she and the boys went on the yacht.  In fact he was not even on the yacht when Diana and sons arrived. Look it up.

So Charles had a very public birthday  party for Camilla "months after the divorce" (actually it was 11 months). Diana started her involvement with Dodi about a year after the divorce.  Why is it "wrong" for Diana to be involved with someone after she divorced when Charles gets a free pass and no tsk tsking over him. Double standard? And I doubt Charles had a "mourning period" after the divorce, by all accounts he was spending time with Camilla. Diana had just as much right to see others publicly and "date"   as Charles did now that both were divorced.

What was awful about the Dodi affair was that shortly after having her children meet Dodi, she was indiscreet about her affair. All those pictures of Dodi and Diana kissing in their swimsuits would be incredibly embarrassing to a mother's children. IMO, it is ten times worse than a father throwing a birthday party for his girlfriend. At least, his kids weren't blindsided and were aware of the importance of Camilla in their father's life. Camilla wasn't a fling like Dodi clearly was.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 01:59:18 am »

Ivy,Diana and Dodi are dead and gone so it is pure speculation about what would have happened to them. How they felt went with them to their graves. Speculation can take place ad infinitum but for obvious reasons it is not known how it would have turned out. Diana was divorced and could date.  THere is nothing "clear" about it being a fling since the two died very tragically before any conclusions could be drawn.

There seems to be a double standard at work here. I am wondering why it wasn't "embarrassing" for the boys to hear their father saying he  wanted to be reincarnated as a box of Camilla's personal products. Or blindsided by seeing Camilla grinning ear to ear wearing a diamond necklace Charles gifted on her. They did not go to the birthday party for her. You can think it 10x worse but it is a matter of opinion.

And it isn't "sinful" to kiss someone in bathing attire. There are pics of William and Kate in bathing suits (Kate in bikini) while they were dating and they were pictured being affectionate with each other. I doubt Harry and others would have been "blindsided" or "shocked" by this--seeing his brother wearing bathing trunks kissng his bikini clad girlfriend. Or is Diana the only one not alowed to do this

Also their mother was divorced and she could date and she was seen kissing her boyfriend. Lots of people kiss each oher when they are dating. It's not like they were in some sort of lurid photograph together. I think if they want "Papa" to be happy I think they would have wanted their mother to find happiness too. My take on ths is that Diana was fond of Dodi but I don't think she was ready for marriage yet and if she wanted to find someone to marry she shouldn't sit home while her ex had lavish parties for Camilla. But since the two are dead nobody will ever know how DOdi and Diana felt about each other, whether Diana thought it a "fling" or if they would have stayed together or broken up. But I am glad Diana did date and did move on and not sit home crying her eyes out over Charles birthday party for Camilla. SOme fairness is indicated here.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:07:08 am by sandy » Logged
Ivy
royal watcher

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 02:45:59 pm »

Ivy,Diana and Dodi are dead and gone so it is pure speculation about what would have happened to them. How they felt went with them to their graves. Speculation can take place ad infinitum but for obvious reasons it is not known how it would have turned out. Diana was divorced and could date.  THere is nothing "clear" about it being a fling since the two died very tragically before any conclusions could be drawn.
Would you prefer that the Dodi affair was serious? He was a sleazebag from a family whose fortune was made selling arms, including land mines. The Dodi affair  reflected poorly on Diana. This was also the first affair that Diana went public with. She didn't do that with Hasnat Khan which was still going on after the divorce. She kept that one secret. I didn't say anything about her not dating after the divorce.
There seems to be a double standard at work here. I am wondering why it wasn't "embarrassing" for the boys to hear their father saying he  wanted to be reincarnated as a box of Camilla's personal products. Or blind sided by seeing Camilla grinning ear to ear wearing a diamond necklace Charles gifted on her. They did not go to the birthday party for her. You can think it 10x worse but it is a matter of opinion.
I am sure they found it mortifying, but come on. Their intimate phone call was leaked by someone. Do you really think Charles and Camilla wanted their private talk broadcast to the entire world. Why should Wm. and Harry be upset about their father giving his girlfriend jewellery? His parents barely got along with each other. By the time of necklace they may have been separated or divorced. Why would children go to a birthday party for adults with no other children present?

And it isn't "sinful" to kiss someone in bathing attire. There are pics of William and Kate in bathing suits (Kate in bikini) while they were dating and they were pictured being affectionate with each other. I doubt Harry and others would have been "blindsided" or "shocked" by this--seeing his brother wearing bathing trunks kissng his bikini clad girlfriend. Or is Diana the only one not alowed to do this

Also their mother was divorced and she could date and she was seen kissing her boyfriend. Lots of people kiss each oher when they are dating. It's not like they were in some sort of lurid photograph together. I think if they want "Papa" to be happy I think they would have wanted their mother to find happiness too. My take on ths is that Diana was fond of Dodi but I don't think she was ready for marriage yet and if she wanted to find someone to marry she shouldn't sit home while her ex had lavish parties for Camilla. But since the two are dead nobody will ever know how DOdi and Diana felt about each other, whether Diana thought it a "fling" or if they would have stayed together or broken up. But I am glad Diana did date and did move on and not sit home crying her eyes out over Charles birthday party for Camilla. SOme fairness is indicated here.
I never said that Diana couldn't have affairs or kiss her boyfriend while in her bathing suit. The sticking point is that she was INDISCREET! Good luck defending the Dodi affair. She was going downhill getting involved with that family. I always got the sense that she got involved with Dodi because he was the first available single man. She was in a lot of pain seeing Charles and Camilla so happy. I don't blame her. It wasn't 2 people divorcing because they were incompatible, but also because one partner found someone else he was madly in love with.

fixed quoting A
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:51:38 pm by akasha2411 » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 07:13:04 pm »

Double standard ? Diana had vacation with her new man and the boys but Prince Charles keeps Camilla afar away from the boys as long as possible and still he is the bad guy? LOL Of course no double standards applied there (roll eyes) no one is objecting to Saint Diana  newyear having boyfriends but having Doti anywhere them so soon after the divorce was premature that all us "Charles lover" are saying...
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 09:19:16 pm »

He kept the boys far away from Camilla  laugh His entire life has revolved around Camilla, he spend more time with her than with his own two sons.He put her first.He made them accept the mistress that had broke their mothers hart.Thats far worse than Diana being involved with Dodi.
mississippigirl
royal watcher

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 09:52:39 pm »

I think Charles has to take the majority of the blame because he was older. He was over thirty at the time not exactly a twenty yearold.  In my opinion to me it seems that the younger generations are more interested in Celebrities than royalty.  They feel that a celebrity has just as much material things as royalty and the younger generation doesnt respect institutions like we did in the past. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: