Royal Gossip
November 20, 2017, 07:01:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Diana's Marriage  (Read 25464 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2017, 05:42:17 am »

Charles instead of whingeing letters should have tried to work things out with his wife and the two could have gone to an objective marriage counselor. It's funny how there seems to be a competition between William and CHarles. Charles now has the "poor me" "poor Camilla" spin then William discloses his pain over the loss of his mother Diana.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2017, 07:09:33 am »

I can't get over how much residual damage that Camilla has caused; not just the breakup, but the remarriage and her determination to be forgiven and have her actions justified. All Camilla has to do is own up and if she had that courage, she would likely be a lot more tolerated and there would be closure. Instead Camilla and Charles keep up the justification, practically BEGGING people to 'see it their way' even when people can't understand and never will. If they dropped the pity act they would get more respect and Charles could have used his taking responsibility as a way of guiding William.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2017, 02:19:57 pm »

Charles instead of whingeing letters should have tried to work things out with his wife and the two could have gone to an objective marriage counselor. It's funny how there seems to be a competition between William and CHarles. Charles now has the "poor me" "poor Camilla" spin then William discloses his pain over the loss of his mother Diana.
In their Washington visit after the night that Diana danced with Travolta, Charles referred to Diana as a stupid in a press conference if she hadnt liked dancing with Travolta. In that press conference he was hardly proud or besotted with Diana and the media interest in her. Obviously this video isnt shown in this article.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:22:28 pm by dianab » Logged
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2017, 02:21:39 pm »

Well said Kuei Fei, taking responsibility for their own wrong doing would go a long way in gaining them respect. Trying to rewrite history by justifying their actions will never ingratiate them to the public, it only serves to annoy and remind people why they dislike them.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2017, 02:46:13 pm »

Charles finds crawling sycophants like Junor and Smith to do his dirty work. His line is that it was not his and Camilla's fault because Diana was "mad." The two probably hatch stories like Diana attacking St. Charles while he was "praying." RIdiculous.
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2017, 04:29:39 pm »

ITA, no matter how my sycophants like Junior do his dirty work, this line of attacking the dead mother of his children will always reflect poorly on him and Camilla. Also people can see right through their lies, when will they finally realize that Joe public is on to their tricks.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2017, 08:24:30 pm »

Even if Diana was "mad" he should have helped her. What happened to "in sickness and in health"? I think she was "mad" because she figured out what was going on with Charles and his mistresses (Camilla wasn't even the only one), and the people around her tried to convince her that she was just paranoid. That would drive anyone crazy, and for a very young woman (she got married 28 days after her 20th birthday, just barely out of her teens) in the international public eye it would make things that much worse.
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2017, 09:16:23 pm »

ITA, she must have felt frustrated, hurt, like she was surrounded by traitors and that they were conspiring against her.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2017, 10:32:02 pm »

Even if Diana was "mad" he should have helped her. What happened to "in sickness and in health"? I think she was "mad" because she figured out what was going on with Charles and his mistresses (Camilla wasn't even the only one), and the people around her tried to convince her that she was just paranoid. That would drive anyone crazy, and for a very young woman (she got married 28 days after her 20th birthday, just barely out of her teens) in the international public eye it would make things that much worse.

Charles has to try to excuse what he did. He never blames himself so he takes the low road and labels his first wife "mad". He reminds me of the Charles Boyer character in Gaslight who tried to make his wife appear "mad" . Diana was spot on about Camilla.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2017, 02:18:32 am »

You know, most politicians don't let the mistress undermine the wife or usurp the wife's role. Charles is so weak that I think he got off in being the center of a cat-fight over him between two women.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2017, 06:51:58 am »

Maybe his ego was so wounded by the media attention Diana got that he needed a boost by trying to get women to fight over him?  bignono
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2017, 03:15:20 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4594190/Secret-Princess-Diana-tapes-reveal-marriage-unravelled.html
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2017, 06:46:23 am »

^ Who did leak it?  eating cookies

dianab
Countess

« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2017, 01:15:20 pm »

Diana herself collaborated with Andrew Morton in 1992. This transcripts come out in 1997 soon after her death.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2017, 01:47:15 pm »

^ Thank you.  flower

Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2017, 12:50:14 pm »

I am watching an explosive Australian 60 minutes on The Diana Tapes - wow! Anyone else?
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2017, 01:55:21 pm »

^ Is there any link for that? Youtube or anything else?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2017, 02:49:00 pm »

Yes, I watched the Diana tapes tonight. However I'd seen and heard it all before. Especially Andrew Morton's views on Diana and how he got involved in the taping of it.
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2017, 03:14:00 pm »

Wrong thread.

Barnabe et Kitty...
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2017, 11:25:55 pm »

Diana was just a teenage girl who expected to be loved, protected and be taken care of by her husband/ first ever lover.
A hopeless romantic.
Chuck had gold on his hands there and he blew it all away.
She was little more then a child when she married Chuck, traumatized by her childhood but confident that she could make a new start with Chuck and move on.
Build a life together.
The Wrinkly Homewrecker and Needy Whiner Chuck made that impossible.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: