Royal Gossip
September 25, 2017, 02:35:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chat about Jewellery  (Read 8215 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« on: July 06, 2011, 12:21:03 am »

Nice badges, how do you get part of that Fellowship? is it a family thing?
Could be the award was an MBE  dontknow ! I just remember CZJ's hat, it was lovely  tehe
Yeah I vaguely remember with the birthday list, there was a old dude whom the papers made a fuzz because of it, he was at Ascot as well..with a some pretty young ladies  Wink

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:45:06 am »

Nice badges, how do you get part of that Fellowship? is it a family thing?
Could be the award was an MBE  dontknow ! I just remember CZJ's hat, it was lovely  tehe
Yeah I vaguely remember with the birthday list, there was a old dude whom the papers made a fuzz because of it, he was at Ascot as well..with a some pretty young ladies  Wink

The Fellowship is for the older people of the Order who have been members for many years. The last person to join had been a part of St John for 50 years. They join the Fellowship which is kind of like where you retire to so you join the fellowship and help with the running of the Order and just still be a part of it all.

But the Brother/Sister medal is for long service is not integral to being in the Fellowship but many who 'retire' there are in their twilight years so have been in the Order long enough to earn the medal.

The old dude you are referring to is the legend that is Bruce Forsyth who has been making Britain laugh since 1939! He is a National treasure he is Television presenter, game show host, entertainer, showman, singer–songwriter and dancer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Forsyth

For decades there had been petitions to make him Sir Bruce Forsyth as he deserved a Knighthood. Many were getting Knighthoods who had not done even half the stuff Brucie had so a campaign was launched to get him Knighted. Now finally it has worked  loveshower

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 01:11:43 am »

Well he looks like a funny guy in the pic's but I don't know him from Adam sorry!  tehe
but i guess you don't know many of our local celebs either except from the Belgian royals of course

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:22:48 am »

true  tehe

Just thought I would inform you why there was a fuss. It was a campaign a decade long to finally see him honoured  Spooky-bat

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 01:02:09 am »

You don't know about Lilian? I thought she was quite infamous in Belgium compared to the much adores Queen Astrid.

And Queen Katherine was the only rightful queen of England  sauer
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:26:57 pm by The Chocolate Princess » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 01:30:18 am »

I know the basic's from general history class which was in 6 grade of ground school (a good 15 years ago so it's fussy  hall-whistle)
After than I focused mainly on history of art in school (I studied tourism) not so much on general Belgian history   sorry
I only got really interested in my own RF when Fillip married the lovely Mathilde!  flirt

Do you realise what you just said?   lols
You were talking of Katherine of Aragon, not our Katie, right?! hide  TCP baking cookies

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 01:39:07 am »

I think so, too. Anne was like Camilla, going after a married man. She had no business flirting with him or convincing him to dump his wife so she could [attempt to] give him a son. Henry wanted a son more than anything, but he had a daughter and he should have married her off at an appropriate age and maybe he would have a grandson. Maybe if he didn't give into his lust, his line would still be reigning today. I also think the way he treated Katherine, isolating her from her daughter, was horrible.

Also, he shouldn't have been granted a divorce; he had a faithful wife who was much beloved by her people, a daughter by her who excelled at many subjects, also loved by the people, and marriage is supposed to be for life. The Boleyns were part of a terrible trend, not only for royalty but for men everywhere. Men would see a younger woman, lust after her, and since divorce was an option they didn't learn to control themselves and they kept marrying a new wife until they died. All those broken families. I feel sorry for the women and children involved. And then Anne was so shocked when Henry wanted someone else. She's the one who taught him to do what he wanted and not to listen to advice from anyone!
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 01:42:11 am »

Anne is Kate, the similarities are too glaring to me.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 07:04:03 pm »

hmm but who do you think is the 21cen version of Katherine of Aragon then? Arabella?

On an other note, does any of you know more about this bracelet of PD?
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=144045 it starts with PR, does the rest maybe read PR... INCESS? Here's the ful pic http://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=144044

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 07:21:04 pm »

Akasha I meant Katherine of Aragon   tehe 

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 07:22:42 pm »

i know hon, I was just messing with ya!  BFF2  Kiss

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 07:37:23 pm »

^^  Tongue

spanishlover
Baroness

want to find real love at last!

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 08:41:55 pm »

PD with her D necklace, maybe she got the inspiration from Anne Boleyn's piece?....just kidding! It was a gift from her flat mates, before she met Charles http://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=181043 http://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=181343 http://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=181239

i thought she got it as a 16th birthday gift from her parents dontknow
hmm but who do you think is the 21cen version of Katherine of Aragon then? Arabella?

On an other note, does any of you know more about this bracelet of PD?
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=144045 it starts with PR, does the rest maybe read PR... INCESS? Here's the ful pic http://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=144044

maybe it was a gift from her PR :easter-lol:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:45:09 pm by spanishlover » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 10:32:01 pm »

hmm that's possible but I don't think so  tehe
you see I mostly copy/paste the info from a jewel forum, these ppl have done a lot of research into royal jewels and they didn't know it either so... dontknow

spanishlover
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 11:12:38 pm »

hmmm i would believe the d necklace from her parents than her flatmates ..but if you say so  BFF2
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 11:29:21 pm »

I'm of course not that sure on either of them (as I said I just copy/paste the text), it's possible that the D necklace was a gift from her parents  dontknow
My last post actually referred to your joke about the PR bracelet.  easter-wink
At the other forum they said flatmate gift on the D necklace, but they didn't know about the PR bracelet.

spanishlover
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 11:46:05 pm »

sorry for the mixup ... hug
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 11:47:18 pm »

That's ok  easter-wink

memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 11:15:21 pm »

Thank you so much and please try to find something about the Prussian's (if it's not asking to much  wopedo)

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 12:52:07 am »

Prussia that's the Wittelsbach family right? or is that Bavaria? easter-think
No wait, now I remember: it's the Hohenzollern family of course!  easter-wink
hmm I can't promise you anything the site I mainly use for this (a gemstone & jewel forum) doesn't discuss the jewels of the German families that much if at all!
Maybe I can find some older pictures on the internet but as those families became abolished after WWII recent pictures will not be easily found.
I'll have a look and try to find out who has which pieces and were they are now ok?
After some googling I found this http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=ropis0ct17ud22ms9fur7vloa4&topic=10862.0
Once again a forum which discusses exactly what you were looking for: prussian jewels!
I'll copy the pic's later into a seperate topic 'kay

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: