Royal Gossip
April 26, 2019, 01:19:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jubilee Cost  (Read 5671 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 12:08:33 am »

It is indeed Charles' brainchild - make that hairbrained child.

http://89lkn_x.0.u.is/news/article-2093259/Prince-Charles-floats-plan-sail-ahead-Diamond-Jubilee-armada-Viking-longboat.html

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Leila
Countess

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 12:16:08 am »

Oh dear, so this is his idea of monarchy?
I don't even want to think about what he'll come up with for his coronation...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 02:53:42 am »

I would have say that this is more like the France of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette; when the Tudors reigned, they cared about the country's welfare and the people knew it and back then, the RF actually RULED the country and ended up doing quite a bit. The Windsors really haven't done much of anything for the country/commonwealth and the nation senses it and realizes that the Windsors are just parasitic in so many ways. All this seemed to start when W/K got engaged.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 07:47:44 pm »

What I find sad is that normal people cannot participate because of security reasons.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 08:47:11 pm »

Hardly an excuse; in the US we have people participate in parades and everyone knows that security is an issue, but since Americans are all armed, plus police, quite frankly I do not think that there are too many Brits that want to harm the RF. Security is a pizz poor excuse and there is no reason that others should pay to stand on the Thames river; if they could pay to participate and parade their own boats, then I am sure that everyone would ensure security because of the investment that they make in creating their own flotillas and more than enough money would be raised.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 02:44:54 pm »

Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter
So Manchester City Council, which is laying off 2,000 workers and implementing £170m spending cuts, forked out £40,000 on the Queen's visit.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 03:01:26 pm »

It's quite ridiculous isn't it? I get fed up with those who constantly chant that the RF only cost each UK person 68 pence a year. Not only has this figure been flying around for years it is completely inaccurate as it does not include hidden costs such as security and the visits.

In the UK the local councils bear the costs of royal visits(which includes extra policing costs) which in turn comes from council tax payers. Overseas the costs are borne by the host nation.

The local UK visits costs do not come out of the Civil List soon to Sovereign Support Grant and they won't come out of that either even though it's 15% of the profits of the Crown Estates.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 06:32:12 pm »

I get fed up with those who constantly chant that the RF only cost each UK person 68 pence a year.

I get incensed with that aspect as well. The RF costs more than that per taxpayer paycheck mainly because those designer frocks don't come from nothing, the travel bills are not paid by money that grows on trees, and there is little to no reason that a forty thousand pound visit was gleaned from 68 pence per person.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: