Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:48:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CP Frederik and Mary: News & Pics  (Read 320674 times)
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #480 on: December 23, 2015, 04:12:23 pm »

They will definitely return to Denmark before New Years Eve for the simple reason that on January 1 the Queen always hosts her traditional New Years Reception, which is a big gala event and the couple has never missed that.
This New Years reception is like the UK Troooping the Colour...missing it is not an option.

And I seriously doubt the couple will fly into Copenhagen on January 1 and rush to the reception, jet-lagged and all. So they will return to Denmark before December 31. And probably already the Sunday or Monday after Christmas.

I have read both: that they will return before New Year's and also that they will not.  We'll find out soon enough.

There are lot of photos but they are not all posted here:

There a photos trickling out, but they are much different from every other private vacation this family has taken.  Mary seems downcast, the selfie purported to be of Fred is so bad you can't even tell if it is he, the photos at the shops and restaurants are bad quality.  Where is the papparazi?   This family is always willing to pose for a photo.   It's just different.   
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #481 on: December 23, 2015, 04:29:33 pm »

That's obviously Fred. The photo from the shop is bad quality because they are snaps from the shop video vigilance. And they need to be in Denmark for new years because it would be a scandal for the heir not to be present in those galas.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #482 on: December 23, 2015, 04:42:07 pm »

There has been some speculation that the Queen sent Mary to Australia for a "time out" because of a spate of stories from last year suggesting that the Queen would step down and  Mary was ready to step up to the plate.  This would expain the lack of papparazi/professional photos, the lack of a family pose, and lack of Mary going on walk abouts, and Mary's downcast demeanor. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2774710/Rumours-Princess-Mary-crowned-queen-just-weeks-slammed-Dutch-Royal-Family-nonsense.html

http://www.womansday.com.au/royals/international-royals/princess-mary-steps-up-to-the-throne-2075

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #483 on: December 24, 2015, 08:43:58 am »

^ Mary seen shopping in Byron Bay. The media have caught up with her in this popular resort town.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3372842/Princess-Mary-hits-Byron-Bay-shops-friends-browses-local-jewellery-crystals-bikinis-sipping-orange-juice.html
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #484 on: December 24, 2015, 07:05:55 pm »

^ I am shocked at how messy Mary looks in these shots.  She is normally impeccably turned out. Yet another deviation from her normal behavior.    blink
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #485 on: December 24, 2015, 08:11:14 pm »

There is a difference between being out as a royal, with no doubt someone doing her hair and all, and with Mary as a private person, which she is here during her trip to Australia.

I can guarantee you that when you see Maxima as a private person (like shopping for shoes with her daughters) you hardly won't recognize her either. I didn't, until she spoke.

I think that in this regard royals are not any different from regular people, I most certainly dress differently when I go to work than when I am on vacation or during the weekends.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #486 on: December 25, 2015, 12:58:06 pm »

Maxima often appears with messy hair, and that is just Maxima.  Her normal behavior.   Not so with Mary, who is always impeccable, even on holiday.   This is unusual for her.   

I'll be glad when this trip is over.  It's weird.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #487 on: December 25, 2015, 02:50:00 pm »

It could be me, apparently I don't study women and their appearances as close as some of you do, but I don't see any difference between Mary on a private vacation in Australia or some of the other pictures I found of Mary on previous private trips, whether to France (with the in-laws) or another location.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/iCwY-95yvPd/Danish+Royal+Holiday+in+France/pDSHc6siA9z

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.nl/2010/08/week-in-review-crown-princess-mary-25.html
(the picture number 3)

https://www.pinterest.com/pippa314/royalty/
(Mary in the striped skirt/ short)

I can't help but feeling that some people want to see something that just isn't there. No problems in the marriage and I don't see any problems between the Queen and Crown Princess Mary either. Sure, there have been stories about Mary wanting to become Queen, but 1. I seriously doubt that because she knows what it will mean for her family-life and 2. I seriously doubt this will be a driving a wedge between the Queen and Mary because the Queen is able to value these ridiculous press stories. The Danish press has been writing about a possible abdication of QM for years. First when she suffered severe back-problems, then when Prince Henrik threw a few tantrums and now again.

The Danish press is just making up stories, that is what the gossip press does. And as gossip about fights and trouble sell better than stories about a trouble-free relationship between the two women, they make up stories.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #488 on: December 25, 2015, 10:09:59 pm »

Mary, Frederik and family have apparently been seen back in Copenhagen. Curious if true. Why fly back on Christmas Eve?
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #489 on: December 26, 2015, 04:39:29 am »

^^ The links of Mary above show that her hair is neat and she looks put together even though vacationing.  The oversized jacket in the second link is horrible but her hair and makeup is fine.  Those photos are different, in my opinion, than the recent ones of her with disheveled hair, odd outfits not in her usual style, no wedding ring, etc.   

^ If they are already back in Denmark, Roselle, then there really is some problem, in my opinion.  I feel sorry for those children who were yanked around during their Christmas holidays.   
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #490 on: December 26, 2015, 11:57:05 am »

^^ According to a Danish friend of mine they are still Down Under and expected to arrive back in Denmark on December 29.

^ The fact that you want something to be weird doesn't make it weird. To me this is perfectly normal; they want to spend some time in the country of Mary, show their children her roots. And it makes sense to escape the Danish winter (although winter hasn't really arrived in northern Europe yet...warmest Christmas ever in The Netherlands) and travel to the Australian summer. The Dutch royals probably have done the same thing but because of the strict Dutch Media Code, the Dutch press won't publish anything about it since it is private.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #491 on: December 26, 2015, 12:18:04 pm »

^ If they are staying in Australia that will be good. The original report in a Danish publication must have been wrong. They will be able to celebrate Christmas and the birthday of Mary's sister Jane in comfort and then fly back ready for the New Year.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #492 on: December 26, 2015, 12:24:02 pm »

Still Down Under on Boxing Day, hitting the waves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3374488/Just-family-beach-Princess-Mary-grabs-board-hits-surf-Byron-Bay-Prince-Frederik-kids.html
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #493 on: December 26, 2015, 05:24:58 pm »

The Dutch travel under the radar and stay at a private resort/home in Argentina.  They arrange to stay in a private place and they stay there, instead of dragging their kids from shopping center to shopping center.

Mary is touted as a stylish royal, but her style is overseen by at least one stylist. She is seen wearing things straight as they appear on the runway, which shows me she has no personal sense of style but merely copies what the professionals put together. This shows up, IMO, in how she dresses in private and how she dresses the children who often look ragtag compared to other royal kids.

The kids were removed from school 2-3 weeks early for this.  From what I've seen, they're just going to shopping centers and the beach, no museums or science centers. Taking them out of school early, only to have them being seen bumming around Australia doing nothing for a month? That sets a bad example to me. For local schools, parents are penalized for taking kids out early. It causes extra work for the schools, teachers, and is disruptive to the other students. They should set a better example.

Meanwhile, there are lovely photos of the rest of the Danish royal family attending Christmas mass complete with Marie's parents.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #494 on: December 26, 2015, 06:46:49 pm »

We don't know what the dutch do or most of the RFs do because they keep it super private and have deals with the press. At least we can criticize these two because they let the press photograph them which is one of the things I like best of the DRF.

Personally I don't see the problem with having a stylist. I agree that Mary has little sense of style on her own (although I do think she has improved a lot) but she had the sense to employ good stylists and it shows. She doesn't always wear things as seen on the runway, she combines a lot and uses both local and international brands. I would say that every royal has a stylist be it official or unofficial. But comparing to the rest Mary has a consistent style and keeps it appropriate.

I agree that the kids clothes the first years were not the best. But I wonder if the gray and sad clothes is something a bit cultural as Leonore of Sweden wears also a lot of gray.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #495 on: December 26, 2015, 08:02:28 pm »

I think it is fine, as well, that Mary has a stylist.  I think every royal lady should have a stylist.  I like Mary's look and think she wears her clothes well.  Her hair looks nice and if she uses extensions/pieces, it is done skillfully.

Evidently, she did not bring a stylist with her on this trip.  The royals brought an entourage with them, so that is odd.  This whole trip has been odd with the abrupt announcement of the trip with few details, very little media exposure at the beginning, and now a series of photos on the beach, along with a rumor that they were back in Denmark.   It seems their holiday has been a series of coffee shops, outdoor restaurants, mall shopping and the beach.   I cannot think of a more horrible way to spend Christmas, just my opinion, as I like tradition and am not fond of the beach.

I look forward to the royals' body language on New Years.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #496 on: December 26, 2015, 08:59:41 pm »

^ I agree with you, Miss Hathaway, with regard to the mall/beach activities. I'm not a beach person either, prefer a range of activities/sightseeing. However, to each his own and Fred, Mary and the children appear to be having a great time in the sun. It's a real break and they will hopefully come back refreshed.
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #497 on: December 26, 2015, 09:35:33 pm »

They did bring an entourage, including a life coach, which is odd.  Lucky Danish friends to have a month off at Christmas I suppose.  I'm agreeing with you all about the stylist. I think it is a good idea, especially if the royal is working instead of shopping. I don't like that they are probably taxpayer-paid positions, but it could be argued it is a business expense.

I don't think Letizia has a stylist, or it is an unpaid position. The SRF staff is minimal. iirc she only got a dedicated personal assistant / executive assistant last year. 

Mary (or Mary and her stylist) copy extensively.

Mary meeting someone from the fashion industry in September 2014
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/09/crown-princess-mary-browses-through.html

Mary copying the other woman's outfit in August 2015
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3190099/Princess-Mary-cuts-stylish-figure-graces-runway-Copenhagen-fashion-week-present-award.html

re. The Dutch. Only the Dutch press is controlled by the Media Code. If the Argentine media found Maxima at the mall every day with the kids in Argentina, I presume they would/could publish it freely.

I'm also looking forward to the Danish New Year events. Those always have lots of interesting fashion. I hope Queen Margrethe does not wear her neon green dress again this year.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #498 on: December 26, 2015, 09:42:54 pm »

Letizia has a stylist, she was working in cosmo of all places when Letizia employed her. And their staff is not minimal. Though they do not pay directly most people so is difficult to quantify.

http://www.elmundo.es/loc/2015/05/16/555640c0ca474170698b458f.html And the news reporting are true because she was invited to the reception for the national day.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #499 on: December 27, 2015, 11:58:50 am »

Some more photos of Mary enjoying herself at Byron Bay.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3375122/Princess-Mary-hits-beach-Byron-Bay.html
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: