Royal Gossip
May 23, 2019, 02:18:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CP Frederik and Mary: News & Pics  (Read 321811 times)
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #440 on: December 08, 2015, 03:08:16 pm »

Good luck Akasha with the in-laws! Best part of being single is that I don't have them  tehe The memories of the mother of my first boyfriend is enough to keep me running (after he died in an accident, she told me I had no right to mourn because I could get a new boyfriend..sigh).

Anyway, I hope that you will have a great holiday 'despite' the in-laws.
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #441 on: December 08, 2015, 03:21:17 pm »

thank god it's just the one time a year!
I like my in-laws (really I do) but boy it's stressy! tehe

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #442 on: December 08, 2015, 03:28:43 pm »

The boundary thing has been said since Mary married in. I still don't see any change, she buys expensive clothes, they have expensive holidays and do the minimum work. Well Mary works more than Fred. And both Fred's parents and brother have the same lifestyle.

I am referring to boundaries about Mary's behavior and garnering publicity for herself, rather than money.  It seems her wings have been clipped over the last year.

I think Mary is beautifully dressed, always; however, I believe that she needs a nicer tiara and don't know why Marge won't let her have one.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #443 on: December 08, 2015, 03:32:19 pm »

But where do you see that their behaviour has changed? I agree that this trip is different from the last but this time it's private and the other had a public agenda.

Danish coffers do not have a lot of tiaras. Some are only for the consort/queen and Alexandra got one from the rest. Mary got one from Fred and the other was a present. There's not tradition of sharing like it works in Sweden or Netherlands.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2015, 04:38:05 pm »

^ It seems that Fred moved to the forefront of their relationship this past year whereas in the past Mary took center stage.   Her three weeks in Grasten this summer was different, as was her solo trip to Palma de Malorca afterwards when Letizia was there -- seeming as if she was looking for some publicity after being grounded at Grasten.  And now in Australia.  She doesn't seem thrilled to be there and I would think she would prefer to spend the holidays in her palace and then fly to Australia when the festivities are over.   This is all just my opinion, of course.   Just my feeling that I get in watching the events and looking at body language.

I think Marge has stepped in in Denmark (as Liz has in England) and has told the Crown Princess to tone it down and remember who the heir is, while telling the heir to step up his game.  That's what seems to me to be happening.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #445 on: December 08, 2015, 04:58:32 pm »

mmm what you see as negatives for her I find positive. I don't know what you mean about difference in Grasten and would love to hear more. But for ex being able to holiday out of the country with the kids means that she has the freedom to move around and take the kids with her. I don't understand what Letizia plays here? That she wanted to take publicity from her? If I'm correct she wasn't even there when Mary went and Mallorca has always been a place where lots of royals and celebs visit. Starting with the Casiraghi ending with Diana.

This is the only moment that they can visit. For news years they have the official galas and they can't avoid them. It would look bad if they were holidaying during them.

Imo the whole family is very complicated, probably one of the most dysfunctional in the royal world. I don't know what happened during Margrethe's bday with Henrik but where people see bad vibes due to Mary I think it will probably come from there.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #446 on: December 09, 2015, 04:22:04 pm »

^Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Christmas in Australia - Fred and Mary's children have not been to Australia in four years.   Why are they being taken away from their home and friends at a time when there are many activities at home?  Yes, they need to know the maternal side of the family, but the timing just seems odd to me, and they are staying for a long period of time.    Marie is not taking her children to France for two or three weeks over Christmas; rather Marge and Henrik are spending Christmas with Joachim and Marie and their children in Denmark while the Crown Prince Family is in Australia.   And there was only a brief statement announcing that they were going; no quotes from Mary saying she was so homesick and wanted to have a Christmas like she had as a child, etc., etc.  No real reason was given; just that they were going. 

Summer in Grasten - Mary told the press that this summer was the first year her family "had to be" at Grasten for so long.  Now, perhaps the meaning was changed in translation, but that was an odd way to put it.   Normally the Crown Prince Family is there for a very short period of time for the annual photoshoot.  This time Mary and the children arrived without Fred (who was in London by himself at Wimbledon) and they stayed for three or four weeks.  The family did not take a vacation beforehand to a warm spot, but Joachim and Marie did.

Wimbledon 2015 - Fred went without Mary.   She went with him last year, and I'm sure she would have loved to have gone this year, but he went alone, and she and the children went to Grasten.

Mallorca - At the end of the Grasten sojourn, Fred went on an official visit to Kuala Lumpur (without Mary).   Mary popped up without the children in Mallorca which, according to this article, was a surprise to the media who were eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Queen of Spain.  The last sentence of the article points out that "Obviously, Mary of Denmark was not unnoticed, since, as everyone knows, these days Mallorca is one of the major capitals of the world in number of paparazzi."   Implying, in my opinion, that Mary came to be noticed.       http://www.mujerhoy.com/corazon/realeza/vacaciones-mallorca-mary-dinamarca-903285082015.html

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #447 on: December 09, 2015, 09:15:52 pm »

But consider that Marie can go to France whenever she wants. She has cancelled a couple of events last week because her grandmother is ill and she was visiting her. Mary can't simply go in one day and go back.

Supposedly years that they didn't meet with the Queen in Christmas Mary's family stayed with them. But even if they fund the trip it must be quite difficult to mesh agendas and having kids they have to go to school. This trip is similar to the previous one they did for Christmas. I don't see the weirdness here  dontknow

I'm not surprised about the lack of info about the trip they want it to be private so there is no public agenda. For me it would sound much more strange to make an announcement that Mary was desolated and simply needed to be in Australia this year. That would have been a total slight to the danish people as she is not Australian anymore and a public representative of Denmark.

I also don't see the problem of staying at Grasten during July? Fred has gone alone a lot of times to see tennis matches so it's not the first time and probably not the last. Other years they decide to do a cruise, I think this year they didn't. But although I'm sure they make a trip to other places during the year their summer holidays are usually quite public. I don't know where Joachim and Marie spend the summer but they weren't around for the photos at Grasten http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/gallerier/2015/juli/fotografering-pa-grasten-slot/7.img

The article in spanish starts like that but the rumours that got more traction at the start of the summer was that Maxima was going to be staying for the holidays. When Mary popped up was a total surprise so the trip was carefully hidden and they only went noticed when they went around the town center. Considering the real source of your article which is ABC there is no second reading in that phrase and it's more like "she didn't try to hide herself because with the large number of papzs it's difficult to go unnoticed". And they didn't meet with spanish couple which to me really sounds weird as Felipe is the godfather of Vincent and at least he could have visit.  blink

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #448 on: December 09, 2015, 09:57:54 pm »

All of these things can be rationalized away; however, to me, it is the difference of the behaviors that causes me to believe there is something afoot in Denmark.

There has usually been some back story about Mary's trips to Australia.  Even if it's just gossip, there has been a reason.  This time, I have not seen a reason.  Perhaps someone else has?    For instance, here is a Woman's Day article about the family's trip to Australia in 2011 and how Mary WANTED to stay for Christmas that year but royal duties called them back to Denmark:   http://www.womansday.com.au/celebrity/australian-celebrities/crown-princess-marys-family-crisis-4901

There is no problem with them staying for a month at Grasten except that it had never happened before.  Why this year did their visit go from they typical day or two to three or four weeks?

It's also not a problem for Fred to go to Wimbledon alone, but his wife has gone with him when their kids were younger; and I would think that anyone would want to go to Wimbledon and sit in the royal box.  There was no reason for Mary not to have gone with him. 

As for Mallorca, the Spanish king and queen had invited the king and queen of the Netherlands to be their guests at Mallorca.   The Crown Princess of Denmark popping up uninvited (while her husband, the Crown Prince, was overseas on an official engagement) at the same time that the Spanish Royals were to begin their holiday was bad form.  It presented an issue as to whether or not she would be invited as a royal, and I read that she would/should not be as Fred was not with her.   But it was rather rude of her to do so; it made her appear to be angling for an invitation whether or not she really was.  And it does appear that the media tweaked her a bit about that.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #449 on: December 09, 2015, 10:07:26 pm »

^No one knows if they had been invited or not as they didn't appear. Lots of royals pop up in Mallorca during the holidays? Some have stayed in Marivent but many haven't. If Fred had been with her it wouldn't have been any different.

There is no obligation of staying in Marivent. And you don't need an invitation to visit a country. Nearly every RF has stayed in Spain for holidays one time or another and most of them wasn't due to an invitation.

It's not that Fred can go alone to sport events is that usually he goes alone. Wimbledon last year was the exception more than the norm.

The events you cite are more about their marriage than anything. I still don't see any change of behaviour from these two from recent years.

The trip in 2011 was an official trip http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/prince-frederik-and-princess-mary-visit-australia/ I'm not even sure the kids were with them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:12:57 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

HC
Countess

« Reply #450 on: December 10, 2015, 06:09:00 pm »

The stay at grasten was because queen m decided they should take over the place. Perhaps because Marie and Joachim has sold their place in the area. So Mary and Frederik should be the royal presence in that part of the country
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2015, 05:37:31 pm »

^^Alexandrine, the word was that Willem and Maxima were invited but cancelled when Letizia's grandfather died.  But then the Crown Princess of Denmark popped up at the same time the Spanish Royals were coming in for their holiday.  It wouldn't have been remarked upon had Mary come before the Spanish Royals' holiday or after, but she came at the same time.  This is like Haakan and Mette deciding to holiday in Crathie and showing up the same day Queen Elizabeth begins her summer holiday at Balmoral.   The royals have their schedules all planned out in advance, even on holiday.   It's kind of rude for the resident monarch to ignore visiting royals; but it is rude of the unannounced royal showing up on the doorstep of the vacationing resident monarch, appearing to be angling for an invite.  It brings unwanted stories in the media:  "Will Liz invite Haakan for tea?"   "Is Liz Ignoring Haakan?", etc.     If Haakan flew in for a day in London on business of his own, that would not be the same as going to a small vacation spot at the same time as the Queen.  That is what Mary did. 

Fred and Mary went to Australia in 2013 without the children, but the last time the children went was 2011.   Is Fred in Australia now?  Has any seen a photo of him there?

Wimbledon, I'm not sure how many Wimbledons Mary and Fred have gone to separately or together.  But supposedly they were drawn together in the beginning because they both were sporty and athletic, so one would think they would enjoy athletic events together.  It is just odd to me that they went together last year and this year he leaves her alone at Grasten and goes by himself.  Surely, she would have enjoyed going as well?  And, yes, I think that speaks to the state of their marriage.  So I think that Mary popping up in Mallorca was her "payback" for Fred not taking her to Wimbledon and then he went on to an overseas engagement.  She knew there would be plenty of cameras and her trip there would be publicized for whatever reason she wanted it to be made public.

^HC, I went back and read your remarks about Fred and Mary taking over Grasten.  That fits in with what I am thinking, that Fred and Mary were requested to stay there for the summer and Fred came and went while Mary was there with the children and she was not happy about that. 

And back to the Christmas in Australia -- there has been very little news about this visit.  No photo of Fred at all.  Just a couple of shots of Mary and some of the kids and her sister at a shop.   In the past, Mary would typically walk around in outside markets and restaurants with the children, but none of that this time.  It's very different this year from how it's been in the past.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2015, 05:44:30 pm »

Frederik poses for a selfie at a Margaret River bakery in Western Australia.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/princess-mary-and-royal-family-spotted-at-supermarket-while-on-holiday-in-was-great-southern/news-story/f3f58054120160a1e1b0b0b1aff71ac1
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2015, 06:58:22 pm »

Thank you Rosella.  It is good that Fred is there with his family.   It still remains odd that there is so little coverage of them.  A couple of shots of Mary in the shop and a blurry, dark selfie of half of Fred's face.  Different from her private visit of 2010:    http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/2010/08/crown-princess-mary-arrives-in.html
Or 2008:   http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/princess-mary-of-denmark-and-her-daughter-princess-isabella-news-photo/82522687

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2015, 09:37:15 pm »

^ It is a private visit and not, like in 2013, a formal visit. So they won't make any official stops (like meeting the Danish people in Australia, or meeting Danish entrepreneurs etc).

I think the Dutch King and Queen will travel to Argentina for Christmas, as Maxima's father is said to be ill (cancer). But this too will be a private visit so I don't expect many pictures. Perhaps one or two that are published on the royal website and that is about it.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2015, 10:23:08 pm »

^2008 and 2010 were also private visits, but you can see the photographs in the links above.   Is there no interest in the local-girl-done-good anymore, so no photographers are taking photos?   Or have they been told not to?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #456 on: December 16, 2015, 10:26:43 am »

^^ That Aussie TV movie of Mary and Frederik's romance wasn't exactly a ratings bonanza. I do think though that if the family had stayed in Tasmania or in or around Sydney there would probably have been more photos and stories about them. As it is they and extended family seem to be enjoying a road trip around the region of Margaret River in Western Australia, which is lovely but remote. Not many paps hanging around the small towns of the area.

The DM provides a map and schedule of sightings of sorts. It's clear the family aim to fly under the radar, though where exactly they are all spending their nights isn't clear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3361822/Princess-Mary-family-spotted-road-trip-Western-Australia.html
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2015, 05:13:36 pm »

^Yes, it does appear that there is a deliberate effort to remain out of sight and under the radar.  This is unusual for this couple, or rather, Mary.  I like her and think she does a fine job, but she does really love the camera.    So, it is curious as to why, for once, they are making an effort to stay out of the public's eye.   I'm sure we will learn more as time goes by.   
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #458 on: December 18, 2015, 11:39:30 am »

Fred, Mary and family are now apparently in Queensland, where they visited a theme park. No photos of the visit, unfortunately.

The Courier Mail is a Brisbane Queensland newspaper.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gold-coast-dreamworld-gets-a-visit-from-royalty/news-story/2c6379e510339d733ff3b0c0bad0e600
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #459 on: December 18, 2015, 02:53:55 pm »

^ And so the Danish royal couple and their four children and entourage of security move, phantom-like, across the Australian continent . . . .  oooh 

Not one shred of evidence that the royal entourage was at the amusement park.  Not one cellphone shot?   No paparazzi is at all interested in getting a photo?   Unlike every summer when their trips to Legoland are covered by the media:

http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014073120207/princess-mary-twin-daughter-son-legoland/

This trip is very weird.   
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: