Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:53:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CP Frederik and Mary: News & Pics  (Read 320679 times)
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #460 on: December 18, 2015, 04:31:40 pm »

You must realise that internationally speaking, the interest for the Danish RF is a lot smaller than for any of the other RF's. Two years ago (or was it three already? Time flies) the Dutch RF visited Macho Picchu in Peru. Considering that this is a big tourist place, it was quite amazing that there were only a couple of pictures and only because several Dutch tourists were there as well.

I doubt the amusement park is a big draw for Danish/ European tourists who might have recognized the couple and their children. So it is very believable that they were unnoticed. Also the continental RF's travel with less security officers than the BRF which makes their entourage smaller. So for outsiders who don't know the Danish royals, they might have looked like a big family; several siblings and a few children.

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #461 on: December 18, 2015, 04:52:57 pm »

^Yes, although the fact that Mary is Australian raised the DRF's profile, and certainly it was big news in Australia.   If there were no interest at all, then how was a print story generated, but no photo?   It is curious.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #462 on: December 18, 2015, 08:21:05 pm »

Perhaps someone let it slip afterwards, someone from management hoping it will boost the visitor numbers.

Or another guest who had the grace not to take any pictures of them but did mention it afterwards. God knows I would never take pictures from famous people in a more or less private setting and I hope more people have that sophistication.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #463 on: December 19, 2015, 09:59:55 am »

The family are still up in Queensland apparently, on the Gold Coast (beaches and sunshine.) This time there are photos. Mary and co. indulging in some retail therapy!

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/crown-princess-mary-and-her-danish-royal-family-hit-the-shops-at-marina-mirage-on-the-gold-coast/story-fnj94j0t-1227678723961
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #464 on: December 19, 2015, 01:17:52 pm »

I think most people in the western world are 'indulging' in retail therapy at the moment...it is called Christmas shopping and as I have just returned from my last present-hunt for the season I can tell you...it wasn't very therapeutic  sigh
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #465 on: December 19, 2015, 01:32:49 pm »

^ No, I know the feeling! There aren't many shops at the marina, however, not ones suitable for a lot of Christmas shopping, unless Mary was going to buy beachwear or accessories for someone. I think she and Amber and the girls were just ambling along, seeing what was in the shops.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #466 on: December 19, 2015, 07:33:53 pm »

Thanks. Obviously you are more familiar with that particular mall. In the malls I usually frequent, there are all kinds of shops, including perfect shops for Christmas shopping.
I take it this was more a mall for clothes. Perhaps the girls needed some new summer clothes, they are hard to buy in Europe at the moment and both are at an age that they can grow out of a clothing size within a month or two-three.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #467 on: December 20, 2015, 07:49:47 am »

Channel 7 news just reported down here in Melbourne that Prince Christian was caught in a dangerous rip off a Gold Coast beach and had to be rescued by a lifesaver.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/30409800/danish-prince-christian-rescued-from-dangerous-rip-on-gold-coast-beach/
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #468 on: December 21, 2015, 03:55:29 pm »

It seems that Christian gets into dangerous situations in Australia.    Perhaps he should stay home.     blink    blink    blink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFOoEiC5sms

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #469 on: December 22, 2015, 12:21:38 pm »

Mary and Frederick and co are now in Byron Bay, a lovely little town on the New South Wales coast. They are having a reunion with Mary's siblings and extended family.

Caught out to lunch...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWziPV5UkAAVin6.jpg
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #470 on: December 22, 2015, 04:39:22 pm »

^Somehow, I don't think this is where Mary wants to be at Christmas.   Her body language is stiff and she is not smiling as are others around her.  I hope the children are having fun.   
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #471 on: December 22, 2015, 06:59:57 pm »

Wow...you can say that from one picture? That is amazing.

All I see is someone who is either listening intent to the person sitting opposite of her or someone whose thoughts are temporarily drifted away, and that is quite a normal thing to happen during long family lunches.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #472 on: December 22, 2015, 07:48:59 pm »

^ No, rather from all of the photos taken of Mary on this trip, and the fact that there are few photos taken on this trip.   She enjoys cameras and normally would be leaning in/turning to any cameras in the vicinity.  She seems down and not her usual self.  Therefore, I don't think she is happy.
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #473 on: December 22, 2015, 08:27:35 pm »

This whole trip feels a bit strange, doesn't it?  She isn't known to hide when in Australia and usually welcomes the cameras. In the past, she's shown up at big markets or events and had no problem being photographed.

The denials about the seriousness of the swimming incident aren't doing them any favors. Someone saved their child and they're pretending the lifeguard and crew are exaggerating.  Could have been handled much better. They probably have another week in Australia before they return for the big 2-night New Year event in Denmark.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #474 on: December 22, 2015, 10:29:00 pm »

^ I don't think they are returning to Denmark until after the New Year -- which makes this trip even more curious.    dontknow
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #475 on: December 22, 2015, 11:08:05 pm »

They will definitely return to Denmark before New Years Eve for the simple reason that on January 1 the Queen always hosts her traditional New Years Reception, which is a big gala event and the couple has never missed that.
This New Years reception is like the UK Troooping the Colour...missing it is not an option.

And I seriously doubt the couple will fly into Copenhagen on January 1 and rush to the reception, jet-lagged and all. So they will return to Denmark before December 31. And probably already the Sunday or Monday after Christmas.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #476 on: December 23, 2015, 12:17:44 am »

Some more on the Mermaid Beach incident.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/beaches-and-fishing/lifeguard-who-rescued-princess-marys-son-christian-from-gold-coast-surf-speaks/story-fnk744sw-1227685176979
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #477 on: December 23, 2015, 08:45:23 am »

Mary goes zen at Byron Bay. She also had a cup of coffee in another town and was only recognised because Christian was with her, (after the near-drowning incident.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3371455/Crown-Princess-Mary-goes-zen-Byron-Bay-spiritual-gardens-spins-prayer-wheels-send-blessings-world-dressed-hippie-playsuit.html
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #478 on: December 23, 2015, 03:44:15 pm »

There are lot of photos but they are not all posted here:

- the first pics with her brother.
- Buying in a shop.
- Selfie of Frederick with a random.
- The beach pics.
- Buying in a mall.
- Photo eating with her family.
- The latest ones (btw that dress is super cute!)

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #479 on: December 23, 2015, 04:04:13 pm »

^ Yeah, I've posted the main news reports, as they've come up each day with their selection of photos (or not). The party weren't really photographed in WA. I think I've posted the article that featured Fred's selfie in Western Australia early on, and Mary with her friends in the Buddhist gardens are below.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: