Royal Gossip
September 24, 2017, 04:20:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Wedding: Over-hyped much?  (Read 3850 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« on: January 03, 2012, 08:59:08 pm »

The Royal Wedding: Over-hyped much?

Let us remember how Prince William and Kate Middleton first met. It was a fashion show in which Kate was modelling a see-through dress and did a catwalk, and Prince William was in the audience. When Kate came out in that see through dress, showing her underwear beneath the dress, William turned to a guy next to him and said “she’s hot”.

When a bloke sees a girl and quotes the words “she’s hot”, I don’t think that’s sign of romance. That’s the sign of something Charlie Sheen would do in Two and a Half Men. The media has brought that as romance because William is a prince.

http://josephcornforth.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/the-royal-wedding-over-hyped-much/

I fully agree with this guy.  thumbsup

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 09:23:06 pm »

The media has brought that as romance because William is a prince.

They have also bought and marketed it as a romance because Kate is a commoner. If Kate had been a princess or aristo she would have ended up being called all sorts of obscene things and there would have been a lot of acid insinuations in the press about her character and morals.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:52:32 pm »

look what the press in Spain did to Eva S. because she modeled underwear? She has since gone back to school and was going to school again when dating the Prince but the press never told that, they focused on her as a underwear model, it was what press focused on, but Eva modeled HIGHFashion and Couture also.
Also it didn't help that the family hated Eva, but press never let up on her hated her.

The UK Press just wanted to make sure Pr.William would not let this  commoner go, imo and the Middleton's were good at playing the press game with them,leaking things,etc.

BUT Kate totally changed her image from the time she became PW girlfriend, before that she was overtly more sexual in her dress, but nowshe tries to hide it, but still it comes through in her demeanor. She's always trying to be Pr.William's hot University girlfriend. IMO

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:33:39 pm »

Well I'm proud that my country was the only one who got the prince to broke up with the not appropiate gf. However, it was not only the press, the normal people were not in favour either and it was why he had to break up with her as a very famous programme (think something similar to Oprah) asked if they liked her and it was a very clear no. The dress she wore to Mette wedding didn't help either.  Lips Sealed

was she ever in couture and hf shows? I've only seen her in lingerie/beach clothing.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:39:26 pm »

The UK Press just wanted to make sure Pr.William would not let this  commoner go, imo and the Middleton's were good at playing the press game with them,leaking things,etc

To me, the press were way too invested in this romance; this was more about the press celebrating than the nation and I for one think that the press will be the ones to pay dearly when things start coming out among the blogs about the Middletons. If anyone was upset about the breakup, it was the Daily Mail and if anyone would have been saying horrible things about a different woman (especially if she had been an aristocrat), it would have been the Daily Mail. It's the Windsor dependence on the press viewpoint that led to this, no other reason or way. When everything imploded and the actual numbers came in, I wonder if there were any firings on the part of the editors. A lot of American networks didn't cover it as crazily as the British press and the grassroots reaction was either goodwill, indifference, or hostile in a way that the press seemed almost frightened of.

the only unconditional good coverage and fawning came from the tabloid press, which is really embarrassing when the Windsors have worked so hard to be taken seriously and the way William tries to be taken seriously. Quite honestly the worst part about this is, that the hype surrounding the wedding came at the expense of members of the rest of the RF. Harry has been branded the bad boy, Camilla the witch, HM and Philip get press according to how Kate is treated, and Cahrles was ordered practically to step down. The more worked up the press got, the more defined were the royals into each role.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 01:33:24 am »

See that's the thing about Eva, she was a top model, she was not just a underwear model as the Spanish and much of the European press outside of Norway portrayed(not that it would have helped her cause anyway)
Eva modeled EVERYTHING, she was with one of the most prestigious agencies in the world.)
Also I think the public overreacted about the blue dress, yes it was bright, loud and tacky, but it wasn't as if she walked in naked,

I think the Spanish press and much of the public didn't like that Eva was a model, non-Aristocratic, non-Spanish, SEXY, uneducated commoner, Scandavian woman coming in to take their Prince. I'm not saying she was a great choice because she wasn't, BUT the level of *despise* thrown at Eva by the Spanish press for wearing a blue dress, was a bit out of control IMO.

I think with Kate, the press controls the opinion in the newspapers,THEY WANT HER TO SUCCEED and they ignored EVERYTHING(even the Underwear photos).... the people who may not think she's right are not really heard, because the press WANTED Kate and the UK press controls the image of Kate to a certain extent of what the world sees, at their fingertips and the UK Press wanted Kate and PW stubborness(or weakness?) put her in.

If you can find the first articles on Kate in the U.S.  she is described as his University live in, who models underwear.
Kate may not have been a underwear model, she was a student, but there are various bra and underwear photos of her modeling, that the UK press simply never acknowledged for YEARS,because they wanted to sell her a certain way to push her over the threshold.

After Eva, came divorcee Letizia who I think has done a fine job these past few years.  But will we ever REALLY know the story behind that topelss painting of her  when she lived in Mexico, or is it just what they want us to hear? I never believed the story the Palace put out.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:43:17 am by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 01:03:47 pm »

Over-hyped?
My oath it is.
Today, my eldest son called in with belated xmas presents as he and his fiancee live 2 hours away from us.
Every single year, my future daughter-in-law, bless her, buys me unusual calendars for the year.
And every year i've loved them for their elegance, wit and style and they are hung on the kitchen wall.
THIS YEAR - TODAY, knowing I was going to get my new yearly calendar I eagerly unwrapped it and saw on the front cover........................................................................

will and kate's wedding kiss on the balcony. YES, it was a 2012 royal wedding calendar.
I was nearly sick.
Said daughter-in-law knows I enjoy royalty and i'm a member of forums so thought she was doing me a favour.
But OMG!
Now every day of every week of every month I see Kate's and teeth and bushy eyebrows staring back at me, and in my kitchen too!
Imagine, a 2012 wedding calendar of HER!

Guess I could draw some funny pictures on her face.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 05:23:08 pm »

Hahahaha bless her heart, she meant well.  You poor thing,  there   I'd be sick every morning having to look at it. Thank goodness I kept hinting to my neices I loved the Tudor's tv series and that was my gift, instead of a book about Pr.William and Kate which was their original choice.  ick
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:28:46 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kate2
royal watcher

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 06:33:25 pm »

I sympathize with you Contessa. flower.. One of my grandsons gave me a tin of tea packets and on the purple tin is the picture of the two, i believe coming out of the church~ Will use the tea, but the tin will be gotten rid of....
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 10:00:17 pm »

Thankyou for emphasising Kate2 and Serene Grace.
I've now put the calendar BEHIND the kitchen door, you get my drift?

Isn't it funny how the younger ones think we're soooooo into Kate?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 11:42:09 pm »

Poor little nippers, they have the best of intentions.

As for the hype, the public really didn't respond as feverishly as you might think. Before the wedding of Charles and Diana, the night before, the people were singing "Rule Britannia" and in an ecstasy of excitement and patriotic fervor. The months before the wedding between William and Kate, there were riots, the press and government were warning the RF that the taxpayers were not going to pay for it and that the RF would have to foot the bill. Then there were people already sick of the two and it was a total financial letdown. A complete and utter letdown. Add in the clsosure of businesses and you have the economy tkaing a hit instead of getting anything out of it.

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 12:00:20 am »

The wedding was/has been overhyped in the media, but as far as public perception goes, not really.  Most people I know could take or leave the Royal Wedding.

And Contessa, my offer to [accidentally] burn that calendar is still on the table 

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 10:24:40 am »

X-Mas_fireplace
oops laugh
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 07:06:06 pm »

Two billion did not watch the wedding and I wish the stupid press would stop it wiht that insane number.

Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 10:26:26 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eth94nBIIk I rather go to this wedding

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 10:41:19 pm »

I've been to several weddings in my lifetime, some at Church, some outdoors, some at a person's house, and everywhere else you can think of, and any one of those was more beautiful and more spectacular than William and Kate's wedding. 

And that kiss?  Well, let me just say that the kiss between William and Kate reminded me a lot of the kiss between Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presely.  Very akward, to say the least

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 10:42:50 pm »

laugh

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 10:56:47 am »

Tell the truth, the only reason it was so hyped is because it's Prince William; what they said about Kate could have been said about anyone else. The press is eager for a new saga, a new duo on the world that sells, and go figure, it hasn't happened. It was supposedly the start of a glamorous royal couple who would end up traveling the world and putting Britain back on the map.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: