Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 09:52:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana-Sandringham-Christmas Past.  (Read 6527 times)
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 10:01:06 pm »

^Unruly is a good word for her. Don't get me wrong, she did many compassionate things. She just wasn't the perfect angel people sometimes paint her to be, as if Charles and Camilla were the villains and Diana was perfect. She was a bit immature even into adulthood and seemed to never quite grow up. Maybe that is where PH gets it from. PC is more of an old soul imo. Diana, the child. That's why I don't think it would have worked longterm, even without Camilla.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 10:32:27 pm »

Diana was out of control at times, like how she was stalking that married man and she really destroyed herself with that antic. She chose to mess with a married man, which I am sure was excruciating to the wife he had. Once she was no longer married, she really did mess up a lot of lives.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 11:33:27 pm »

Diana was cut loose from the family, her husband more and more showed contempt for her. She did not "mess up" lives. Hoare pursed her according to Wharfe and Jephson. He was no victim and had cheated on his wife before. In any event, the marriage did not break up and the Hoares together. How many lives did Charles mess up? He married someone knowing he did not love her and caused her hurt, He was involved with two married women, one of whom managed to break up a dynastic marriage and the other died young and under mysterious circumstances. Once she was no longer married, she had about a year to live. She was involved that year with Hasnet Khan (they broke up) and Dodi Fayed. SO what "destruction" did she cause after she was no longer married? I would say Charles and Camilla caused the most destruction.  Diana was no saint but then again neither was her ex husband. I didNOT  say Diana was perfect, Katherine. But Charles knew he did not love her when he married her so I blame him and Camilla the most. A decent man would have walked away instead of using the woman to get heirs. I think that Camilla was the one who destroyed the marriage. Saying it would have broken up anyway, is like saying someone who was robbed would have lost the money anyway. Diana and Raine made up and if they forgave each other who are we to condemn Diana and want her "punished." Why did you not want Hoare "punished" for pursuing Diana.  IT was not one sided and Dianw was no stalker.  Charles married a girl barely out of her teens, what did he expect from her except having is kids? He had no clue. Camilla did not follow the rules and butted into a dynastic marriage breaking it up.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:37:14 pm by sandy » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 01:00:26 am »

If she had been forced to experience consequences I am certain that she wouldn't have been in that car with Dodi. Diana however KNEW what royal life would be like, but she didn't want to follow RULES that were laid down.

Diana would rather being in Paris with or without Dodi than with Charles & BRF at Balmoral & Sandringham with or without Camilla (as 3rd party in marriage). Diana herself said (to Morton) she dreamed to spend holidays, weekends in Paris. How she felt living in hell when she was with the Windsors at Balmoral & at Sandringham - it had NOTHING to do with Camilla. The truth is that in her last summer Diana was living the life she always dreamed/wished for herself.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2016, 01:09:50 am »

Plus, Charles was increasingly contemptuous of her, putting her down in public even. Why would she want to stay in such a situation? Diana only lived one year after the divorce so I don't think judgments on Diana's post divorce life could be made, obviously. Also, Diana did what she was expected to do, have the heir and spare for the Prince. After that, I think Charles was through with her except for ceremonial purposes and as the mother of his sons. Diana stayed in the sham of the marriage until 1992 (and the separation) although after she fulfilled her purpose and had the heirs, Charles was more or less done with her. Diana was in a no-win situation. Maybe they could have sustained a marriage without Camilla  but Charles knew Camilla was "there for him" always. Diana was finding her footing after the divorce and was looking for a new role and life for herself.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 03:51:30 am »

The marriage became a mess. Everyone knows that. There were bad feelings on both sides. Maybe Charles was not in love, maybe Diana was not in love either when they got married. Not sure, though of course Charles said "whatever love is" and seemed lacking in confidence at times. But I think they both basically had good intentions. Imagine being in Charles situation. The pressure of marrying the right kind of person plus his own personal insecurities and feelings for Camilla. All playing out in front of the world. If they could have all gone back in time and done things differently with hindsight 20-20, maybe they would have, but on the other hand, they would have missed having their children and I doubt they would have changed that either. In the end, I think they were/are all humans being doing the best they could at the time.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 11:50:35 am »

In the engagement video, PD was asked about being in love. Diana said "Of course". And PC chipped in "Whatever love means".

When PD heard that I thought I read that something died inside of her.

Mind you, they had only met a few times beforehand, 18 meetings from some reports, (from PD herself?), but that can be enough. Or maybe she was convinced that she was in love with PC. I knew I met had met The One on our second meeting, so who knows how she felt.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 01:29:39 pm »

She said something died inside her after Charles told her he was disappointed their second child was not a girl. Apparently he only wanted two children one of each.  THe meetings were enough for her and she thought that since the man started a courtship of her and asked her out and then proposed, he was interested. She was a 19 year old and did not have the experience of Charles and Charles did not tell her all that was expected of her (putting up with Camilla particularly). Diana's mother kept her reservations about the Prince to herself (according to her authorized biography based on interviews with Frances Shand Kydd).
Little light
Countess

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 03:35:29 pm »

I never knew that. I do now remember, after you telling me  flirt, that it was after Harry's birth that she felt something die inside of her, after PC's remark.

But did she not also say she was shocked, or something, I cannot remember, what Charles said during the engagement video?

I cannot remember, sorry.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 04:55:24 pm »

I remember when harry was born PC drove her and harry home to KP and left straight away tomplay polo...whatever  his  thoughts/feelings were towards Diamna then wasn't he interested to spend some time with his  son?
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 05:11:17 pm »

^I could understand if it were an event that would raise a large amount of money. Otherwise, would seem a bit strange, though the Windsors are not always known for being touchy feely with their children, even more so back then. When Charles was young, his mum was working many hours and he was often left behind during tours. I'm sure he was very much loved but duty first for the Queen.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 08:24:53 pm »

THere was some big polo match near to the time William was born and because of that Charles requested that William's birth be induced so Charles could participate in the match. And it was.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:27:37 pm by sandy » Logged
Little light
Countess

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 10:32:51 pm »

I'm just a newbie folks, but are we not getting off topic here?  flower

Did Diana enjoy Sandringham? I've no idea. Maybe the more experienced members would know.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 10:52:33 pm »

I thought HM and PP were nice to Diana during the early years, Philip even wrote that no man in his right mind would prefer Camilla to Diana in a letter to her when the marriage started to fall apart. I don't think they disliked her (until she gave the interview about not wanting PC to become king or something like that), but I could see them freezing her out after the separation/divorce (no longer royal, and non-royals cannot come to Christmas).
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 11:01:43 pm »

^ I have read that, following the separation Diana was invited to spend the following Christmas as Sandringham and stay overnight. She refused to stay after the Christmas Day lunch and in fact left before it. The Queen was bewildered by this apparently and told one of her oldest friends who was staying "It doesn't have to be like this", but in fact there probabably was an atmosphere of constraint I'd say, natural in the circumstances. Diana was very sensitive and probably picked up on it and decided to remove herself.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2016, 12:13:29 am »

Diana bowed out of Sandringham right before the separation because Charles friends would be there and they had backstabbed her. She did not want to put up with the hypocrisy.  After the separation, Diana spent her time elsewhere that day. I don't know why the Queen would be bewildered since the Wales were officially separated. DIana and Charles did get together with the boys at various events (like VE Day and anything involving their sons). Diana never said she did not want PC to be King. She said the "top job" would put limitations on him and various commentators in the press agreed with her. Charles is very outspoken and being King will put limits on his expressing his opinions. I don't think Diana wanted to come to Christmas events after the separation. I don't blame her.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2016, 02:07:27 am »

^ and ^^ Thanks for clearing that up. The Diana stuff happened when I was very young and before I became a royal watcher, so I was a bit unclear on the details.

I wouldn't want to spend Christmas with my ex's family, either.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2016, 10:14:18 pm »

If PC and PD had not been members of the BRF, then, as with most separated/divorced cases, each parent would have had alternate Christmases with each parent. Not with PD.

It was then they signed their own death knell. What sane woman would put up with that?
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2016, 11:53:59 pm »

Christmas is a royal tradition and her older son was/is the future head of that family. It makes sense that they spend Christmas with the RF.

We never alternated Christmases in my family. One side of the family had a tradition of always celebrating on Christmas Eve, so Christmas Day was spent with the other side. Made everyone very happy that they got to see the kids for Christmas every year. No reason why the Cambridges can't spend the afternoon/evening with the non-royal side of the family after Christmas morning church service. Or celebrate closer to New Year's. Christmastide used to last until January 6th or February 2nd. Plenty of time to see everyone.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2016, 01:09:39 am »

If PC and PD had not been members of the BRF, then, as with most separated/divorced cases, each parent would have had alternate Christmases with each parent. Not with PD.

It was then they signed their own death knell. What sane woman would put up with that?

Fergie could never go back to Christmas with the royals. IT was part of the settlement with divorced wives. I doubt she and Diana had much of a choice. Charles and Diana did share custody of the boys.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: