Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 10:02:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana-Sandringham-Christmas Past.  (Read 6523 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: December 26, 2011, 01:04:31 am »

http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/p/princess-diana.html

xcuse any references to KM

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:19:22 pm »

Tatiana, I often find it confusing that Charles and Diana looked far happier post wedding for a very long time, compared to the more "recent pair".  Charles often smiled at Diana - it is difficult to believe he never felt anything for her.  In fact I find it hard to believe given the looks he gave her.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:26:57 pm »

Thanks for the lovely photos, Tatiana.  There's no doubt in my mind that they must have had some happy times.   Kiss

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:10:39 pm »

They both said that they had happy times.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 03:01:36 am »

.................but Mrs PB would not let go, and took advantage of every little disagreement between them, and instead of being a peacemaker, she gave Charles more than tea and sympathy.. and the rest is HISStory....

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 03:33:14 am »

That's if you believe Diana's version of events rather than Charles'.

I have oftened wondered why Diana is more believable than Charles - particularly as we know that Diana lied to the Queen about her role in the Morton book and to the public about how many people were in the marriage - conveniently forgetting the ones she brought in.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 02:07:51 pm »

.................but Mrs PB would not let go, and took advantage of every little disagreement between them, and instead of being a peacemaker, she gave Charles more than tea and sympathy.. and the rest is HISStory....

I stil can´t get warm with Camilla.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »

I have oftened wondered why Diana is more believable than Charles - particularly as we know that Diana lied to the Queen about her role in the Morton book and to the public about how many people were in the marriage - conveniently forgetting the ones she brought in.

Diana had to use her wits to survive in that family and did what she had to - it was her against the machine.  Charles didn't need to lie, he had his palace henchmen and fat friends like Nicholas Soames to do his dirty work for him - a disturbing trait that Willy has inherited and is exhibiting with the press/Platell.  Diana conducted herself like an angel compared to the other two plotting and laughing behind her back, if a couple did to my daughter (18 yrs old) what those two did to Diana, I wouldn't be responsible for my actions if I met them in the street.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 05:16:10 pm »

I look back and laugh when Nicolas Soames ex wife said lovemaking with him was rather like a large wardrobe, with a small key, falling on her !! laugh

Soames and his cronies put Diana through hell, and Charles did NOTHING to stop them, what a prince of a man eh ?  thumbsdown

If anyone treated my daughter in such a way, I would have a hard time not thrashing the cad and his doxy.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »

Charles confessed to cheating on Diana with Camilla parker Bowles. Diana surely didn't "lie" about that. Morton though had to be careful about actually coming out and saying C and C were lovers but said she was his "friend" or "confidante." But people could read between the lines. However, the most definitive statement about the adulterous affair  came from Charles himself when he confessed and publicly in 1994.  Those who side with Charles seem to forget the rather haunting pics of Camilla Parker Bowles with Lady Diana in 1980, the woman clearly had an agenda and it surely was not "helping" Lady Diana. And also that Charles was involved with Camilla before he dated Diana. Camilla made sure she was not going anywhere even after Charles proposed to Lady Diana. I think the Morton book was self defense on Diana's part since Charles' pals (who pretended to be Diana's friends) were providing safe houses for C and C plus undermining Diana. Camilla also called the Sun Editor for 10 years to undermine Diana.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 09:09:34 pm »

Charles "version" of events were mostly via his friends who trashed Diana labelling her "mad." Charles clearly gave his version of events to Dimbleby, he confessed his adultery with Camilla and blamed everybody else but himself for the problems in his marriage and in his life. Charles also said he was "forced" to marry Diana (and Dimbleby duly included this in his authorized bio of Charles), an opinion he didn't appear to share with Diana when he asked her to marry him. I hardly call that honest.

Diana was in effect ditched by Charles after she delivered the heir and spare. She sought comfort elsewhere with Hewitt. I doubt Charles cared since it gave him more time with Camilla.  Had Charles ditched the mistress early on I doubt Diana would have looked at another man.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 01:53:31 am »

Some people happily forget that Charles went on television and announced he never loved his wife, and that he had been unfaithful with Mrs Parker Bowles .. a YEAR Before Diana did her TV Panorma interview...

.. such a Prince of a man .. blech king

FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 06:41:02 pm »

Despite being on holiday for Christmas at Sandringham, the Royal Family adhered to the forms of formality. Women would change their clothes from sporting clothes, then for tea, and then for dinner. Did Diana like this formality?   
 X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes X-Mas_rolleyes

Really A Baron
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 08:03:04 am »

I think she was used to it. It's just part of their life. To us it seems strange, but to the upper class and royals, it's normal.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 03:16:33 am »

^^I don't think she liked it, but she must have known what she was getting into. She came from a titled family that spent time around the royals. I think PC was a prize for her. She wanted to be a princess and live a fairy tale life, but she was too young and naive to understand the gap between reality and fantasy. Once she got the prize, she became disillusioned and unhappy, including during the time that she spent at Sandringham, according to what I've read. It must have been a nightmare for the Queen.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 04:25:55 pm »

Diana was a prize to Prince Charles because she met all the requirements to be his wife and mother of his heirs: fertile, aristo, no past, and attractive. Diana wanted a happy marriage and told her biographer that, she also already had a title. Yes, she was naive which is what Charles had counted on--and Camilla thought she'd be easy to deal with. She found out she got no "prize" since CHarles was not going to stop contacting his mistress, something he probably made clear. It was a nightmare to Diana because she was with Charles' family, while pregnant and bad morning sickness. It was a two way street.   Diana also realized Camilla was not going to be "history."  If the Queen thought her young daughter in law upset by morning sickness and getting used to the royal way of life a "nightmare" then shame on her.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 06:40:06 pm »

^You're right Sandy. It was a two way street with the involvement of Camilla. It was just a terrible situation. Charles dithered and was under pressure also to marry someone suitable. Diana was young and naive. Imo, they should have spent more time getting to know one another. Seems clear in hindsight that they were not well suited to each other. The Queen is a stickler for tradition and a stiff upper lip though and I can imagine did not look kindly on some of Diana's theatrics. That is not to say that Charles was innocent. But a mother's first loyalty is usually toward her own child.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 09:10:07 pm »

Diana's "theatrics"! It should be remembered Diana was pregnant with William on the honeymoon with the family and felt sick. The royal women did not have morning sickness in their lifetimes so they "did not understand" Diana. Maybe the royals thought it 'theatrics." And shame on them if they did. Diana was not keeping food down due to the pregnancy and having the predisposition to bulimia. It was very unfortunate. Maybe Charles and Diana could have had a marriage had not the other woman being there interfering. Yes, indeed the mother and especially grandmother favored Charles and "did not understand" Diana. I think the Queen did not want to see bad situations and she knew about Camilla yet turned a blind eye and hoped things would work out with Diana. Charles did not have to marry at all and if he were honest with himself he would have either 1) stopped seeing Diana because he knew he did not love her or 2) told Diana the entire truth about what was expected of her--and give her a hint by having her read the life of Queen Consort Alexandra, perhaps. She could have walked away if she really knew the facts.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 09:29:28 pm »

^I agree, they shouldn't have gotten married and I think they would have gotten divorced even if Camilla had not been in the picture. With Camilla, it just made Diana more bitter and retaliatory, and frankly, Diana was no angel either. She also had affairs and manipulated when she wanted to.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 09:56:06 pm »

I think the real problem was how Diana was never trained to follow the rules and basically adhere to any kind of protocol. The Spencers did not raise their kids at all and Diana never experienced CONSEQUENCES. She was never punished for making harassing phone calls, or writing poisonous letters to Raine, or getting it in the neck for damaging the car of a beau who stood her up on a date. If she had been forced to experience consequences I am certain that she wouldn't have been in that car with Dodi. Diana however KNEW what royal life would be like, but she didn't want to follow RULES that were laid down.

I don't even blame the Camilla factor. Diana was notoriously unruly and did horrendous amounts of destructive things to people.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: