Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:43:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana versus Kate  (Read 9185 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: December 24, 2011, 03:56:46 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2078176/Kate-Middleton-Diana-share-style-says-designer-Elizabeth-Emanuel-young-royals-contrasting-women.html

Diana had much more style.

As someone said she looked at those she was meeting, rather than looking for the cameras.. which Camilla and Kate seem to do most of the time.

Grace
Countess

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:04:37 pm »

Diana was unique,her style and her personality.As her brother Charles said in her funeral,her beauty both internal and external will never be forgotten...Kate is pretty,young ,but I think she has nothing in common with Diana,they are different in style and personality....
Diana is a myth ,an icon of style,and will always be remembered by her life and her elegance.She was different to the rest of princesses,she had a strong personality,a great strenght,a great charisma,I think we will never have another Diana,she was unique and I am her fan. hug
golden_heart
royal watcher

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 05:28:44 pm »

Diana was unique,her style and her personality.As her brother Charles said in her funeral,her beauty both internal and external will never be forgotten...Kate is pretty,young ,but I think she has nothing in common with Diana,they are different in style and personality....
Diana is a myth ,an icon of style,and will always be remembered by her life and her elegance.She was different to the rest of princesses,she had a strong personality,a great strenght,a great charisma,I think we will never have another Diana,she was unique and I am her fan. hug

I totally agree ! Even William once said they are different...
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 01:13:52 am »

Not in the same league.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:36:00 am »

heck, they aren't in the same universe stylewise as far as I can tell!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 02:43:39 pm »

Diana has a way with people.  Kate does not.  It has nothing to do with their backgrounds or upbringing, Diana was born with it.  Kate was not.  Again, Kate can be trained to be an actress and pretend but she will never have that same ease.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 08:44:32 pm »

Why I fear this picture proves Kate will always be in Diana's shadow: William hoped recreating his mother's Taj Mahal pose would finally lay her ghost to rest. On the contrary, says JAN MOIR

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3544910/Why-fear-picture-proves-Kate-Diana-s-shadow-William-hoped-recreating-mother-s-Taj-Mahal-pose-finally-lay-ghost-rest-contrary-says-JAN-MOIR.html#ixzz46D20cPIV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

interesting they keep publishing things we've been saying for a couple of years at least.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 09:25:57 am »

^^ Yes, that's it.  ^ Unfortunately Waity doesn't want to be out of Diana's shadow and what is more I think she wants to fly over it. I can't imagine how she thinks it.  huh

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 06:48:50 pm »

Diana has a way with people.  Kate does not.  It has nothing to do with their backgrounds or upbringing, Diana was born with it.  Kate was not.  Again, Kate can be trained to be an actress and pretend but she will never have that same ease.

In Diana's upbringing, she was not raised to be coddled and live her life in a 'safe space'; she was sent off to boarding school to stand on her own two feet and expected to volunteer with the locally mentally ill while in school and as a teenager, she was already living on her own and going on trips with friends. She was raised to be chaste and wasn't someone who limited herself just because she had a title. She worked with kids and did cleaning.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 07:37:30 pm »

Yes, Diana was a char woman. A maid. Now, can you see fake posh accent Potato Head ever being a maid? Never. Never. Never.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 08:31:57 pm »

Diana was the top of the range Rolls Royce, cath medd is a clapped out old Skoda ready for the scrap heap, been "around the block" too many times if you get my drift  easter-wink   To even try and put Princess Diana and slapper cath in the same sentence is a big no no for me.   Not sure about Skoka cars and the US, bit in the UK there was a standing joke  -  what do you call a skip on wheel? Yup, you guessed, a Skoda.  I think VW or someone took over the company, but unfortunately the Skoda brand name is not one many would wish to be associated with, the jokes and ribbing a Skoda driver takes is never ending.
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 12:27:28 am »

In Diana's upbringing, she was not raised to be coddled and live her life in a 'safe space'; she was sent off to boarding school to stand on her own two feet and expected to volunteer with the locally mentally ill while in school and as a teenager, she was already living on her own and going on trips with friends. She was raised to be chaste and wasn't someone who limited herself just because she had a title. She worked with kids and did cleaning.

The only volunteering WK probably ever did was when Pw asked who wants to take him on in a drinking competition. She propbablky only did it and let him win so he'd like her.  ick

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 03:39:15 am »

Waity has never stood on her own two feet, nor will she ever. She can't because she has never had to do anything that wasn't mapped out for her by Ma.
Fredericka
royal watcher

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 05:19:32 pm »

Diana didn't have the noose around her neck that Kate does, in that Kate is compared to Diana is just about everything she does.  People do need to realise that she is her own person and move on from this obsession that they have in Kate 'replacing' Diana somehow.

Diana was a natural people person; very involved in the causes she fought for; and charming.  Kate could help herself a lot by letting her guard down and letting her own personality shine through (rather than some made-up, what-works-for-the-cameras get-up) - and even if that meant she's not as friendly or charismatic as Diana was, at least it would show her sincerity.  Because at the moment she comes across as fake, flakey, nervous and extremely awkward.

I imagine Diana also took time to research her causes, and events before she turned up to them; Kate appears to do very little in this regard - and given the age of the internet (I would assume [hope] Kate has a laptop/tablet), she has no excuses not to prepare beforehand for her appearances.

Some people have 'it'; most people don't ... Diana definitely did, and Kate definitely does not.
india
Princess

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 05:51:12 pm »

There is no Diana vs. Kate. There is only Diana.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 06:04:59 pm »

Cath medd her own worst enemy, she courts the comparison.  Dresses sprog I similar to bill medd at similar age, copies Diana frocks, not necessarily style but colour.  Diana arrived Down Under for a tour, dressed in red, so did cath medd.  One small example, but there are many, many others.  If Diana wore it, cath medd will have to do the same.  So I don´t feel sorry for her, she put herself in Diana´s shadow, and she likes it.  There was only one Diana, and cath medd should not be mentioned in the same sentence IMO  -  cath is trailer trash.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 06:40:17 pm »

What kind of galls me is how Kate is made to seem better off.

Diana didn't have a degree, but is somehow inferior to someone who does have one, even if she didn't do anything with it.

Diana coming from divorced parents is viewed as tainted and for some reason, stigmatized and Kate is viewed as holy and virtuous because her parents never divorced. A considerable slap in the face, as if the decisions of a parent are the fault of the kids who are mixed up in it.

Kate likes being compared as better than Diana and smarter and far more mature.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 07:32:48 pm »

She obviously forgets she cheated her way to that degree.
india
Princess

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 09:54:48 pm »

And on what planet is this thing smarter and more mature? It sure isn't this one.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 06:04:45 am »

A lot of people don't have university degrees. They weren't good students/don't like school, couldn't afford it, or had family commitments that prevented them from attending because they had to work full-time (sometimes more than one job) and/or take care of someone. I don't think people who went to uni are any better than those who didn't attend. It's about character.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: