Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:48:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate M and PrWilliam to embark on exotic trip to mark Queen’s Diamond Jubilee  (Read 26523 times)
Catrina
courtier

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2011, 11:56:37 pm »

Prince Andrew has been geniously and appropriately assigned to a country far higher in the priority list: India.

Three words: Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
India is the only country with ties to the UK that has a candidacy in entering the SCO.
Forget the EU. Far from being the "next big thing", the SCO has been wrongfully ignored by the rest of the world, something they have very much taken to their advantage.
Prince Andrew really is the best card the RF can play with little to no fear of risking or damaging an important relationship.

“He, who controls Eastern Europe, controls the Heartland. He, who controls the Heartland, controls the World Island. He, who controls the World Island, controls the world”.
-- Sir Halford John Mackinder, British geographe

But that's just my geopolitical 2 cents.

Either way, neither Singapore nor Malaysia can complain about the tourism and publicity the Cambridges will bring next year.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:58:56 pm by Catrina » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2012, 12:41:27 am »

Well, it's a pity that Kate is being sent since she is a walking no-no of Asian values. So Singapore and Malaysia are going ot have to suffer her presence and the First Ladies are going to have to put up with her. As for Eastern Europe, pity William didn't get a chance to meet some Eastern European princesses. One with the right looks and charisma would have been perfect and ended up selling magazines while possibly encouraging the Eastern bloc to join the Commonwealth. Imagine how ecstatic HM would have been in the Eastern Euro countries had asked to join the Commonwealth. It would have ended up increasing the prestige of the monarchy a hundredfold and recreated the Empire, this time around with the Eastern European countries and not the Asian countries.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mimi
courtier

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2012, 12:50:06 am »

^  Okay.....so eastern europeans want to be part of the empire???  Not say you're wrong, I just didn't know that.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2012, 01:23:46 am »

I don't think so, I simply meant that the symbolism would be nice, wouldn't it? Britain reaching out to Poland (who was the reason that Britain went to war in the first place) through marrying a member of their dethroned royal family and then ending up with a wonderful symbolic connection.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mimi
courtier

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2012, 02:02:15 am »

Oh, I understand, now.  Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was making fun of your post.   sorry
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2012, 02:13:06 am »

I never thought that! there

Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2012, 06:27:54 pm »

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981141013

Kate Middleton is a Marlborough girl, and she is prepared to help the college succeed outside the UK. The Duchess of Cambridge attended the exclusive Marlborough College in the UK where she studied art and chemistry before leaving in 2000. Kate, along with her husband, Prince William, are preparing to travel to Nusajaya this fall as part of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebration

This will be the first overseas campus for the college since its inception over 100 years ago. According to the Iskandar Regional Development Authority, "Arrangements are being made with the British High Commission to bring the royal couple here." The royal couple will be visiting Malaysia along with several other countries as they embark on their tour.

Kate's affiliation with the new campus will certainly help get it off to a good start. Princess Kate has a golden touch, or what is also known as the "Duchess Effect." Anything she is involved with becomes a huge success. The school opening is slated for September.

BullSh*t^^

So basically she is leaving the UK to travel to help other charities?,what about the UK though surely there is alot of charities that still need help there.

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2012, 06:54:02 pm »

So basically she is leaving the UK to travel to help other charities?,what about the UK

Forgive my cynicism, but quite frankly I do not think that she cares about the UK; if she travels overseas, she will get a free VIP trip, be greeted by the national anthem, red carpet, dignitaries, and end up staying in the VIP suite of a hotel full of bowing and scraping staff. Then she will enjoy swag, fawning crowds of people who have no idea of half the things she's done/pulled, and then will end up jabbering gleefully about her and her fashion choices. In the UK, it'll be the people who know her best and I am sure that is uncomfortable for her.

Secondly, the UK sometimes seems to be secondary to the RF in terms of priorities.

Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2012, 07:03:24 pm »

Oh,Yeah I see your point now....must be nice to just pick up and leave while the UK is on their knees with the lost of jobs ect.No wonder people over in the UK could careless about the royals,it's mostly citizens from overseas that wan't to see her.Diana people would block traffic to see her or even to meet her...boy!,time's have changed.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2012, 07:09:12 pm »

Diana was in many ways not just a novelty, but it was okay to want to find out about her, read about her, enjoy her presence, and she gave full value to the public and dignitaries by looking her best and charming the pants off of people who came to see her.

Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2012, 07:12:46 pm »

Thats what I mean she entered a room and people loved her for her not only for her clothes,waity on the hand people just see a 30 yr old clothes horse with no work ethnic and sense the UK knows waity good many could careless,wedding phase is over and people are back to their jobs.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2012, 07:16:05 pm »

Because it's part of the diamond jubilee trip I merged the thread with the previous one.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2012, 11:26:35 pm »

Things have changed since this was first announced.  I wonder if it will still be on the docket.  It's a lot of money when times are getting much harder.  Greece is an issue and, we in the US, are getting deluged with the doom and gloom.  Golly, I just put gas in my tank and think twice before making a drive anywhere; I merge everything and everybody else does the same.

This is not a time for frivolity of any kind.  Is this politically imperative?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2012, 01:17:51 am »

I don't think that Kate and William going to any country is a good idea since either barely spends time in Britain or England, much less, go figure, London where they are supposed to focus on their citizenry. Each time Kate and William leave, they lose touch more wiht the people who pay their bills and the people who are more than ready to love them.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2012, 04:35:58 am »

^Poor dears being bothered with things like bills and accountability.  My heart just bleeds.... legs

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2012, 01:24:35 am »

Kate's affiliation with the new campus will certainly help get it off to a good start. Princess Kate has a golden touch, or what is also known as the "Duchess Effect." Anything she is involved with becomes a huge success.
Really that's the first I've heard of it!As for the school if it has some corruption or scandals in the future she'll get blamed somehow for it since her name will be linked to it.
Hmm young girls/woman is uncle F salivating.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:31:32 am by Magnolia » Logged

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2012, 02:13:58 am »

^Poor dears being bothered with things like bills and accountability.  My heart just bleeds.... legs

I am not tlaking about money issues, but I do know that I am disgusted with how Kate is ignoring the UK in favor of exotic overseas trips.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2012, 05:21:39 pm »

PW and WK not doing the Far East tour till early Fall? why is that?
Leila
Countess

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2012, 05:27:20 pm »

HM's hoping WK will be gone by then? legs
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2012, 05:59:27 pm »

I'm assuming it has to do with William's schedule.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: