Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 03:54:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate M and PrWilliam to embark on exotic trip to mark Queen’s Diamond Jubilee  (Read 26513 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2012, 07:29:34 pm »

The tours are being spread throughout the year to fit in with the countries they are visiting as well as to spread the celebrations.  If all the royals were to tour at the same time coverage would be dominated by William and Kate, with some coverage of Charles and Camilla.  This way there will be limited coverage of the other tours such as the one currently being undertaken by Edward and Sophie and the later ones for Andrew, the Gloucesters, Duke of Kent and Anne.  Charles and Camilla will be touring down under in November (well they are going to NZ then so presumably they will then come across to Australia and visit New Guinea at the same time). 

Touring the countries they are going to are more pleasant in Autumn than in Summer, which would also clash with the Queen's own visits in the UK for the Jubilee.  Going now, in spring, isn't possible as William is still in the Falklands and Harry is about to head off to the Caribbean, shortly after Edward and Sophie finish their tour there. 
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2012, 07:38:02 pm »

For some reason, I'm really dreading these visits of theirs.  I really fear that it will eclipse HM's supremely special time.  It's somehow going to be all about WK in a veil or something while visiting these eastern countries. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:55 pm »

Oh god, I'm feeling sick.......if Kate appears in a veil, the press will put a halo over her head in photos and proclaim her Saint......

ick

[/URL]
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #103 on: February 29, 2012, 02:07:16 am »

^I know.  Can't stand the thought of it, but she'll pull some stunt like that to sell her Virgin Image some more.  Blecch.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #104 on: February 29, 2012, 09:49:00 am »

As they will be touring while The Queen is at her Balmoral holiday when she rarely appears in the papers anyway they won't overshadow her - she will have finished her time in the limelight for the year as per normal - she always is out of the limelight during August, September and into the beginning of October.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:54 am »

http://www.solomonstarnews.com/news/national/13866-prince-william-a-kate-visit-confirmed-for-september

second week of sept

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: