Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:35:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate M and PrWilliam to embark on exotic trip to mark Queen’s Diamond Jubilee  (Read 26520 times)
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« on: December 14, 2011, 01:23:40 pm »

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/287707-kate-middleton-and-william-to-embark-on-exotic-trip-to-mark-queens-diamond-jubilee/

Kate Middleton and Prince William’s official royal visit to North America went exceptionally well earlier this year, and now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will represent the Royal Family once again - during an exotic trip to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.

The young royal couple will no doubt be delighted to hear that they are to travel all the way to Asia to visit Malaysia and Singapore next year, as part of the Queen’s celebrations.

Kate and William, both 29, will also pay a visit to the Solomon Islands, which are east of Papua New Guinea, as well as Tuvalu, formerly known as the Ellice Islands, situated in the Pacific Ocean midway between Hawaii and Australia.

Fans in Canada and America went crazy for the couple when they jetted over this summer for their first official royal visit as man and wife – so there’s no doubt locals on their latest visit will welcome them in with open arms too.................

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:41:31 pm »

Oh brother, it's like "what jubilee? It's all about Kate"  laundry

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:11:04 pm »

Fans in Canada and America went crazy for the couple when they jetted over this summer for their first official royal visit as man and wife – so there’s no doubt locals on their latest visit will welcome them in with open arms too.................

Er...I can not speak for Canada but Americans in general did not go that crazy over William and Kate.  Except for the few American royal watchers and some actors no one cared.  Hollywood is not the capital of America.  An "official" first visit should have been to Washington DC.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 03:11:13 pm »

Fans in Canada and America went crazy for the couple when they jetted over this summer

When will the press stop this idiocy of Kate being a major sensation in the US, she only impressed a bunch of brainless entertainers and it's not like she impressed in Washington or took New York by storm and left a huge mark. It's not like Hollywood is so powerful and so impressive that 'calling the shots' is something to brag about. If this were Washington or New York I would be impressed, but it is Hollywood. I mean really, why on earth would anyone be impressed about wielding social power in Hollywood. I honestly wonder how on earth she is going to have anything interesting to say to the officials and I wonder which wife of a politician will be forced to receive her and pretend to actually like her.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:11:49 pm »

Regional and overseas visits to mark the Diamond Jubilee, 14 December 2011

Her Majesty has asked that these visits include the following:

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea

The Prince of Wales: Channel Islands, Isle of Man

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Malaysia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu

Prince Harry: Belize, Jamaica, The Bahamas

The Duke of York: India

The Earl and Countess of Wessex: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Gibraltar, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago

The Princess Royal: Mozambique, Zambia

The Duke of Gloucester: British Virgin Islands, Malta

The Duke of Kent: Falkland Islands, Uganda

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 03:41:54 pm »

hmm and who's going to do South Africa?
Or is that not on the list?
I thought I read that somewhere.. dontknow or maybe I'm confusing it with Zambia..
So HM and Phillip are staying in Britain the whole time?
Harry and the Wessexes are definitely getting a fun tour (I'm slightly envious really)
shows how much HM likes them I think..
Nice trips to the Caribbean  easter-wink

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 04:40:56 pm »

Fans in Canada and America went crazy for the couple when they jetted over this summer
Do you think that W&K went to two such large countries after their wedding to gain more press and fans. At that time most of the world still had rose tinted glasses on and were still reeling from the Wedding. Do you think that was some kind of PR move to go to two extremely large countries rather than, lets say, Australia? The bigger the country the more PR, stories, and fans there are to come out of it...

"Something as curious as the monarchy won't survive unless you take account of people's attitudes. After all, if people don't want it, they won't have it." - Prince Charles
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 04:49:43 pm »

Do you think that W&K went to two such large countries after their wedding to gain more press and fans.

Either way it iddn't work. Hollywood was the biggest mistake they made and they are now permanently embedded in the celebrity culture and covered/treated accordingly as a result. If there had been functioning brains in the office of the Ducal couple, then they would have been sent to a Commonwealth country and not the US. As for Singapore, why on earth would they be sent to Singapore and not a Commonwealth country? Why not Australia? Why not somewhere solid and actually PART of the Commonwealth?

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea
The Earl and Countess of Wessex: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Gibraltar, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago

Note how the Wessex couple are in actuality doing more visits to more countries and while the rest of the RF is in the West, in fact, go figure, William and Kate are being sent to the Far East. Singapore is the strictest country in the world when it comes to stuff like smoking, drinking, and I am optimistic that the Cambridges will obviously know how to behave, but once the people of Singapore find out more about her tawdry past, it will be considered an insult. Plus Kate isn't getting the joy of going to the Bahamas or the tropics, her favorite possible place.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 05:04:02 pm »

Singapore is the strictest country in the world when it comes to stuff like smoking, drinking, and I am optimistic that the Cambridges will obviously know how to behave, but once the people of Singapore find out more about her tawdry past, it will be considered an insult. Plus Kate isn't getting the joy of going to the Bahamas or the tropics, her favorite possible place.
Is this just another ploy for them to be far away as possible, and also a way for them to fail by their own accord? I feel like whoever arranged these trips definitely felt some ill will toward W&K.

"Something as curious as the monarchy won't survive unless you take account of people's attitudes. After all, if people don't want it, they won't have it." - Prince Charles
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 05:06:12 pm »

I think whoever arranged this trip is going to sincerely hope that the Cambridges fail at this. East Asia is unusually (to our standards) strict about protocol, etiquette, and morality and Kate will mess up the first two and the third will be exposed at some point and the Malaysians and people of Singapore are going to end up feeling like they were slapped in the face when they find out about Kate's background.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 05:13:30 pm »

Plus Kate isn't getting the joy of going to the Bahamas or the tropics, her favorite possible place.

Oh yes she wished to go to the Bahamas didn't she

Original reports said William and Kate were to go to the Caribbean

Aww Poor Kate.

Interesting thought of the Cambs being in Asia, would she dare wear her short skirts and high heels there? Oh please do!

benign
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 05:26:15 pm »

Regional and overseas visits to mark the Diamond Jubilee, 14 December 2011
Her Majesty has asked that these visits include the following:
PW must be upset goodness he is going on the most boring tour with WK , hope they dont snap at each other  tehe tehe Duke of York tour to India is very very interesting...wonder if any of the Mountbatten will be going with him...
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 05:27:42 pm »

Why is it that Edward and Sophie are going to so many more places than everyone else?

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 05:28:24 pm »

would she dare wear her short skirts and high heels there?

Oh she will; since the little idiot is doing it her way and they aren't going to let a fuddy duddy courtier tell them what to do, I am predicting a lot of skin and just maybe, maybe a little similar thing with that Calgary problem, showing her arse to the nation. She never fails to disappoint my worst possible predictions.

Original reports said William and Kate were to go to the Caribbean

Sounds like the courtiers are back in charge and HM has gathered her bearing and her prerogative.

No glistening beaches, no bright blue water, no white waves, no cocktails at the bar, no tanning on the balcony, nothing and chances are she'll have to dress modestly, which she will loathe. This is definately sending a message that the Cambridges are no longer in charge anymore and probably won't be for a long while.

Catrina
courtier

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 05:44:40 pm »

Why is it that Edward and Sophie are going to so many more places than everyone else?

I assume it's because they can handle it and are more than suited for such a task.
I'm sure they'll do a terrific job.
Mimi
courtier

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 06:05:58 pm »

I think it is because they are small islands and close together so they will be able to visit more in a shorter period of time.
Black Queen
courtier

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 06:11:10 pm »

^^I agree  thumbsup but still wish I could see Harry though  easter-lol
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 06:11:37 pm »

I think it is because they are small islands and close together so they will be able to visit more in a shorter period of time.
I like your theory. I also like to think that Edward and Sophie are just that good at their job!

Mimi
courtier

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 06:21:25 pm »

^^I agree  thumbsup but still wish I could see Harry though  easter-lol

I forgot where you live but you know a trip to the Bahamas from the US is pretty cheap....so.... easter-wink
rollinginthesouth
Countess

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 06:25:58 pm »

Mimi, You. Are. A. Genius!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: