Royal Gossip
June 23, 2017, 06:06:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sentebale  (Read 68478 times)
Wish
royal watcher

« Reply #560 on: December 19, 2016, 10:09:38 pm »

I've just finished watching the Prince Harry and Sentebale programme and thought it was a fantastic advert for the charity.  I have to be honest if they had put a number on at the end for donations I would have given.  The work they have done and are still doing is humbling.  Yes, he talks about his mother (and why on earth shouldn't he?) but, it's all in context.  She did a LOT of work with HIV and Aids and Harry is doing the same with his charity and it felt like it was filling a gap that she had left.

It's VERY easy to knock him but, after watching the programme (PR exercise or not) he went up 10 fold in my estimation.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2016, 10:20:37 pm »

I think he always gives himself to his causes and events.  That's the endearing part about him. He might have very low self esteem regarding his personal life because he keeps dating women that take away from the good he does. He has to realize that's why he's getting bashed.

Keep Calm and Carry On
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #562 on: December 19, 2016, 10:22:05 pm »

^^A lot of good feedback is happening on Twitter. Sometimes social media can skew people's perceptions of a person. Good to have a reminder of the old Harry. I think he's still got problems, but he might be able to bounce back. Apparently anyone who wants to donate can text HOPE to 70111 to donate £5.
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #563 on: December 19, 2016, 11:30:17 pm »

Well he sure does do good work, and he always puts his heart into it, there's no doubt about that. Him and Seeiso make a great team!

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #564 on: December 19, 2016, 11:31:43 pm »

@ wish if you want to donate

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
Inspired by #PrinceHarryInAfrica? Text HOPE to 70111 to donate £5 to @Sentebale. Help children affected by HIV/AIDS this Christmas.

Agreed he puts his all when it comes to his charity work ,but as for his personal life  Lips Sealed

Prince Harry has viewers in tears as he's reunited with orphan in emotional documentary

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/745396/Prince-Harry-In-Africa-viewers-tears-reunited-orphan-Mutsu-documentary-Twitter
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:35:02 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #565 on: December 20, 2016, 12:00:41 am »

I don't know about the "mum" card. It seems a bit fake to spend most of his time hiding away doing who-knows-what, and then on the few days he does appear, he brings up his mum to get sympathy/support. It's almost as if he does that so people will feel sorry for him and leave him alone the rest of the time. "Poor 32-year-old Harry lost his mum when he was 12, so he shouldn't have to work." I don't think so. Yes, that sucks that he lost his mum at such a young age, but life goes on and she would not have wanted her son to be idle for however-many-days-a-year he isn't working. I'm not suggesting he work 365/366 days a year, but most days shouldn't be a holiday.

If he really wants to follow in his mum's footsteps, meet and exceed what she did during her short time on Earth, he needs to start being more serious about things. Work more than 2-4 days a month. Maybe study marketing, specialize in fundraising to get more donations. Make sure the money goes to its intended recipients and go meet with them, take photos so donors can see how they're improving their lives. He also needs to clean up his personal life or the public will focus on that more instead of on his charity work. Nobody seems "charitable" if they keep spending exorbitant amounts of money on traveling/holidaying, drinking and partying. People will wonder why he didn't put that money to better use and wonder if their donations are being managed effectively.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #566 on: December 20, 2016, 12:45:16 am »

What is sad is that both of them play the Diana card and William plays normal and avoids work so he can spend time with the children and he's afraid for the children losing a parent and so on. Diana wanted both of them to be active and involved royals. Her taking them to McDonald's to line up did not necessarily mean that they can play normal and avoid work. William appears to be at that base for photo ops only and he and his brother should be doing full time royal work now. It was laughable that the DM story talked about the "last day" before vacation for William, Harry and Kate. Vacation from what? Surely not work. DIana and Charles wanted to get their children used to being in the public eye. William and Kate seem to just hide out George and Charlotte. I also have to laugh at the spin that the royals wanted to "protect" Kate from what DIana went through. ANd that seems to mean her doing little work. That just makes no sense
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #567 on: December 20, 2016, 12:50:54 am »

^You're right.  I caught that line in the article and cringed. 

I think they really believe they're working super hard and everything's so stressful and have now fallen into the poor-me mindset and it's not a good look for them at all.  This is not, I believe, what Diana envisioned at all.

What I'm waiting to see is how the funding for Sentebale shifts, if at all, in this month because this is the big push month for end-of-year donations so should be a time when Harry really ratchets it up for donations.  Not heading for vacations.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #568 on: December 20, 2016, 01:14:22 am »

^Not to mention the drop in the pound, which I'm assuming will hurt Sentebale to some degree due to the exchange rate. Maybe I'm wrong.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #569 on: December 20, 2016, 01:19:24 am »

^You're not wrong at all.  In fact, that's quite savvy.  Non-profits are struggling world-wide with not only the fall in the GBP but the USD and other monetary systems in addition to people having less expendable income, investment portfolios holding steady but a change in risk to cash out any portion, generally.  Donors are, right now, much more selective in to whom they give.  I've never seen the likes of it before in all my many years of service.  So, it behooves any org to be even more proactive than usual during these struggling times.

The warning signs have been there for some time now so this isn't a newsflash to Harry.  Anybody involved in garnering support for a project has been firmly advised as to the state of donorship issues.  There's no excuse for being lackadaisical in this regard; now more than ever.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #570 on: December 20, 2016, 02:11:40 pm »

Prince Harry In Africa Documentary 2016
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xLSGUZYRJWk

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #571 on: December 20, 2016, 05:16:14 pm »

^ Ohh thank you so much Fly! It gives me something to watch today. *sigh* I just started it and he had me at the bow at the beginning, him and his stupid little charms  Shocked I'm still mad at him though.  Angrytehe

Vesper
Countess

« Reply #572 on: December 20, 2016, 06:53:25 pm »

Do we know the ratings for this program?
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #573 on: December 20, 2016, 09:09:46 pm »

@ Wish -  HIV and Aids are the same disease.  flower
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #574 on: December 20, 2016, 09:24:14 pm »

^^ I don't know if this is very informative Vesper but I found this:
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/ratings/overnight-tv-ratings/

Harry doc informs 2.5m
MONDAY: ITV’s Prince Harry film proved no match for the channel’s recent interview with Prince Philip.

You have to register to see more I guess.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #575 on: December 20, 2016, 09:40:35 pm »

What I'm waiting to see is how the funding for Sentebale shifts, if at all, in this month because this is the big push month for end-of-year donations so should be a time when Harry really ratchets it up for donations.Not heading for vacations.

Harry, like a lot of people who made the choices he did in life (coasting on looks and hype and charm) can't get it into his head that the carefree days are over and now is time to basically get to work, but frankly, he's not used to it. It's a shame he's let himself go to seed and basically threw his chances in life away.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #576 on: December 20, 2016, 09:49:02 pm »

^^It sounds as though Prince Philip's doc really outdid Harry's ratings-wise I wonder if that is normal or because of recent events or something else like the time slot.
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #577 on: December 21, 2016, 04:47:54 am »

^ I didn't even know about Philip's interview so I couldn't really say. I wonder if that is a high number for royal docs to bring in though. Everywhere else that I search just tells me that it made all the viewers cry but gives no numbers.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #578 on: December 21, 2016, 08:03:27 am »

2.5 million viewers  for Harry - but cannot find the numbers for the PP doc - other than that it beat Harry's doc.

KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #579 on: December 21, 2016, 02:11:27 pm »

2.5 million is a lot of people though I'd think Harry is the more adored royal (normally) and would attract a larger audience. But people do enjoy a Prince Phillip gaffe too.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: