Royal Gossip
May 29, 2017, 11:48:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sentebale  (Read 66489 times)
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 10:21:10 pm »

all the hours of flying time that the prince is racking up may help him to achieve what one of his friends has claimed to be his secret ambition – to become an honorary member of Nasa’s space training programme.
Well that's the first time I heard about that ambition!
He want's to get into the spaceprogram huh? (Wonder when that dream popped up! easter-think My guess ...right after 29/04/11!  blink "Oh shoot, they really pulled this off! Let's get as far away from her as possible!laugh )
Hey maybe he should talk to Richard Branson! Isn't he dreaming about space tourism? Who knows our Harry might find a job there!  easter-wink

Jokes aside, I hope he finishes his training in US and is ready when his country calls upon him to do his duty!
It would be a pity if he would have to go during the summer celebrations but that's what he signed for so..
 thumbsup Good luck Harry  goodluck (I'll pray they wont take ya chopper down, should you go into the danger zone! nervous)

Perhaps he can talk to Bea's boyfriend Dave who works for the Space Tourism for Virgin

Ella
Countess

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 11:28:22 pm »

I'm a bit  sly at these stories. Since it's been so widely reported that he'll finished with training some time in the winter/spring of next year, these stories make it very easy to assume that if he doesn't attend those events, it's because he's deployed.

A bit unsafe if you ask me.

As for the NASA story, it's from this story originally:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3736595/Prince-Harrys-bid-for-Nasa-training.html
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 12:58:25 am »

...then he needs to attend the Jubilee. It's a very important event, anyway.
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 04:51:58 am »

I don't know.  If it's known that he's home at a certain time, that narrows down the options for when he might be deployed.  I'd rather they left his whole year uncertain & kept him out of sight as much as possible.  If it's certain he's going back, really, no one should know where he is until he's home & safe again.  Just my two cents.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 06:19:39 am »

NASA welcomes you, Harry!!!  Come aboard.  What a totally cool idea and one his mother would love.

PS:  It takes more than being royalty to get on board, bud, but you can do it!

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 09:47:08 am »

The fact he has applied himself hard to the Military despite his academic limitations shows he is up for a challenge. Flying Apache's is not easy work - Nasa is not easy either but Apache's are one of the hardest things out there too

Mimi
courtier

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 05:57:07 pm »

NASA welcomes you, Harry!!!  Come aboard.  What a totally cool idea and one his mother would love.

How can he qualify if he never got an engineering degree?  Or any degree for that matter.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 07:06:49 pm »

I think there is something going on because it's so strange that there are so many stories circulating about his future deployment for this to be true  easter-think

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 09:33:27 pm »

How can he qualify if he never got an engineering degree?  Or any degree for that matter.

Maybe he can train using real-world experience (rather than doing problems out of books) and still learn the stuff?
Ella
Countess

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 09:58:54 pm »

^^
The problems NASA scientists work on are heavily theory based though, aren't they? I guess they could simulate some of the environments, but I don't think they could help him learn the all math and physics necessary.

I don't doubt their friendliness, but there's a ton of people who have trained and worked for years at getting the proper qualifications, not many of them are gonna be impressed with a prince swooping with honorary membership, particularly one who has admitted to being awful at math. Yeah, it's honorary, but still, no one likes someone coming in and playing at something they're passionate about. Not to mention the cost involved.

@Alexandrine: I've noticed that too, but I don't know what else it could be. He hasn't finished Apache training and was just on vacation...huh
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 10:36:26 pm »

Maybe he wanted to get away from everyone, or is using his vacation time now?  easter-think
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 11:41:42 pm »

err guy's, he wants to be an honourable member not an actual one! TCP baking cookies
It's like when a Hollywood star gets a honourable degree from their home town uni, they didn't study there, they just get the paper!
HM has one from her US visit in 07.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Mimi
courtier

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 01:13:38 am »

Maybe he can train using real-world experience (rather than doing problems out of books) and still learn the stuff?

huh Engineering isn't something you can really learn through experience.  There is alot of math and science that you have to understand before you can use it in the real world. (I am one so I would know)  That would be a little insulting to the people who worked hard to get to work for NASA for them to allow him to skip an important requirement.  No offense, but flying helicopter is not high level science.
Ella
Countess

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 01:36:21 am »

^Agreed. ( Hi I'm studying EE right now, but I'm thinking of changing to CE!)

Even though it's honorary, the Sun says he wants to go through the training process. If all he gets is a piece of paper, fine by me, but anything else, it's not really fair to the hardworking scientists and engineers who want a place in training, imo.
Mimi
courtier

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 02:22:53 am »

^ Sweet!  I studied CE.  I would tell you to switch but that would be a biased opinion.   easter-wink

I still like Harry.  I just don't understand how they would make that work.  Either way, it is nice of him to give some attention to the nerds of the world.  sigh
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 02:40:42 am »

So many stories swirl around Harry and his Military Career that I think it is always best to just wait and see

Duchess of Ginger
royal watcher

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 03:39:59 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if his deployment is scheduled around the Diamond Jubilee b/c of safety reasons. If he isn't there it would make him and his regiment too easy of a target.

And the NASA bit... about as legit as the Sun's story on him teaching Kate to fly which other reporters dismissed as B.S.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 08:09:36 am »

Oh, I studied engineering in university, too. Don't get me wrong, I understand there is a lot of stuff to learn before they can go into space. A lot of math and science and other stuff (theory) that has to be practiced and memorized before they can go forward.

But Harry isn't going to be an engineer. I think he might help on a mission or two, or fly into space, but he will end up going back to the military being a soldier or a pilot. He's not going to be a top person in that field anyway; his main destiny is to be a royal and support his brother William who will be King one day as long as the monarchy is still in place when the time comes.

I think in his case, he maybe can learn through real-world experience and simulations and wouldn't need all the training for a job (i.e. years of engineering school) he isn't going to do anyway.

Anyway, there is probably >90% chance the NASA story is a fake. No point in getting worked up over something that probably isn't even real.
Ella
Countess

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 09:13:32 pm »

Random update:

The show's airdate and time have been released. Part one will air Tuesday, August 23rd at 9.00pm on BBC ONE.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2011/wk34/unplaced.shtml#unplaced_harry

The show's title has also been changed a bit, from Warriors to Heroes.
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2011, 06:05:54 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8689794/Prince-Harry-Queen-backs-my-return-to-Afghanistan.html

Asked if his family would worry about him returning to the front line, the Prince, 26, said: "They will be concerned, just as any other family.

"But my grandmother - and my father, of course, but my grandmother more than anybody else because at the end of the day she's the Queen - she understands more than anybody else that I'm serving my country and that's what I chose to do and that's what William chose to do as well, and that's what we'll continue to do."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: