Royal Gossip
April 26, 2019, 01:14:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q. Margrethe & Prince Henrik: News and Pics  (Read 52920 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2013, 12:05:16 pm »

Again? Even if he is king he should be number two because he is simply the consort.

Injustice? Injustice is for the poor danish people who treat him like a king (pun intended) but he only can whine and act like a five year old. If he hadn't been lucky to catch Margrethe he woudl still be a second rate diplomat in some forgotten country.

Now I really think that Margrethe and him do not have a very good marriage.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2013, 05:31:27 pm »

Princeconsort Henrik is going on a diet.

I've been slim all my life, but the last ten years less slim. So I'll have to eliminate bread, potatoes, rice and wine from my diet. He says further, he with age has almost become a vegetarian and therefore do not expect it to be a problem to stick to fish and vegetables.

-  But wine! . It's getting harder.  Not least because I produce myself. And what will wine connoisseurs not say if I do not drink my own wine? I at least have to taste it, jokes Prince Henrik in the interview and stresses, however, that he has acquired the French nobility tradition from the 1300 century and always mixes water in his wine.

- Since I found out that the rulers of the time mixed water into wine, I have done the same, he says.

http://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.dk%2Froyale%2Fnu-skal-prins-henrik-paa-skrump

He must be mad. Comparing himself to regnants and nobility. I see a pattern. He really is crazy.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2013, 09:34:52 pm »

Bizarre.  He's morbidly obese, and has been for years.  I think he's very out of touch with reality.  I have no doubt that between him and Margrethe, they raised two princes who have significant "issues".  I almost feel sorry for Fred and Joachim sometimes.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2013, 04:19:02 am »

The title of king is higher than the title of queen.  It's just not realistic.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2013, 05:21:07 am »

Such a pity that so many wonderful queens choose so horribly when it comes to consorts/husbands. Philip whined at first too. Whine whine whine!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2013, 09:25:56 am »

They should put him on a tv reality show, I'd watch it. He sounds like "quite" a character.  king

I can't believe he's still moaning about not being titled King, after 40+ years of marriage to the Queen.  laugh

[/URL]
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2013, 12:18:17 pm »

Really sir did you want some cheese to go with that exelent whine bored3

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HC
Countess

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2013, 12:31:09 pm »

The rumour says that when they invite to dinner, Prince Henrik always get some special herbs at his plate, that the Queen and the other guests don't get.  easter-lol

He is so out of reach  thumbsdown
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2013, 05:06:02 pm »

In the scandinavian member board they are also talking about Henri but most defend him and tell stories about how nice he is. There is specially one who is a bit bluffing, Prince Richard was ill and the only one who asked about his health was Henri and even Benedikte didn't gave him much attention  huh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2013, 07:30:43 pm »

The readers of the newspaper Jyllandsposten (a conservative nwespaper) thinks he should not be king. If one look carefully between the many comments, however we can find individual who supports his view that he should have the title of king, because

Most readers disagree with Prince Henrik in that he should be king.

It has Saturdays aroused a heated debate among Jyllands-Posten's readers that Prince Henrik to a French magazine has reiterated his view that he should have the title King of Denmark.

"There is no reason why I should not be at the same level as my wife," said Prince Henrik.

Most of the readers who participated in the debate here on the site and on Facebook , disagree with the Prince Consort in that it would be reasonable, that he became king, but there are also those readers who can follow his arguments.

These are the conditions. You must from the outset have known that it was the conditions. Ungrateful wretch. Sigh," writes Heidi Melgaard among others, and this commentary summarizes many of the hundreds of comments that are obtained in the course of the day.

Several calls Prince Henrik to be retired in France and is even ready to let him have a pension, while a few points to the fact that Prince Henry cannot become king of Denmark, since we already have a head of state Queen Margrethe .

"Strange that Prince Henrik has no idea how things work in this country, and it is more strange that the head of state Queen Margrethe, or at least her advisers, can not get the prince to understand the context. But he may feel that we must invent a new word when it is a queen who is ruler? " writes Anders Hansen.

If you look carefully between the many comments, however we can find individual who supports his view that he should have the title of king, because a woman married to a king will become queen.

(..)
Some highlights even Prince Henrik's personal qualities as an argument that he should be awarded the title of king:

"Let Henrik become king. Heavens., He is down to earth and has a sense of humor. Fine guy," said Torben Nielsen.

http://jyllands-posten.dk/indland/article5128193.ece

Well I don't know if he has a sense of humour but is known to be smoothing the waters when QMII get a fit on guests. I agree that it is Strange that Prince Henrik has no idea how things work in this country, and it is more strange that the head of state Queen Margrethe, or at least her advisers, can not get the prince to understand the context
Spice
Countess

« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2013, 04:26:05 am »

I'm not Danish, and I know Margrethe and Henrik are very popular in Denmark, but honestly, they are both stark raving bonkers.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
HC
Countess

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2013, 03:17:17 pm »

As I remember the last poll, the most popular are CP Mary, QMII, CP Frederik - in that order.

I personally don't think QMII is bonkers. She suffers fools badly.  laugh
And don't mind telling people if they say something stupid.

I remember when NOMA was prized as the best restaurant in the world. Prince Henrik was asked what he thought of danish cooking compared to french. He said that he liked french the best.  blink
QMII was standing next to him and looked like she tried not to tell him her mind.  Lips Sealed

Why couldn't he just have said he was so happy for NOMA, and he liked their cooking very much - but also liked french cooking off course.  sauer
HC
Countess

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2013, 06:26:29 pm »

Prince Henrik will be queen
By the RokokoPost (Satire from the conservative paper Jyllandsposten)
The former prince consort has finally been equel with his wife and will henceforth be addressed as queen of Henry I. It happens after Henrik for many years have been unhappy with his position in the royal hierarchy.

In a short time got a Facebook group 'Henrik is our hearts queen! "More than 2 million likes, while more conservative MF'ere initiated a partial hunger strike, where they refused to eat anything other than foie gras and white wine until Henry was equivalent to his spouse.

The country's largest queen
 After a constitutional amendment and a pair of referendums the prince achieved full equality and dignity as our own queen.

It is therefore a very happy queen Henrik that received the newspaper Rococo in audience.

The newly minted queen also explains that he does not think it will be a problem with two queens.

"On the contrary!  Margaret and I will amicably compete to be the best. With time I am sure that people will recognize that I am the biggest queen, "says Henrik queen with a smile.

http://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jyllands-posten.dk%2Fpremium%2Fsatire%2Farticle5130110.ece
 easter-lol
Spice
Countess

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2013, 01:28:08 am »

True, QM is not as bad as Henrik.  I just find her a bit eccentric at times.   And I really dislike Mary, and can't see why QM allowed her to join the family.  But Mary is not as bad as Kate.  I would rather have Mary than Kate in my RF (the BRF).

tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2013, 11:27:57 am »

goodpost

Harry-ite #6
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2013, 05:25:28 pm »

I think QM knew that Mary was going to be the best that Fred was going to find and would want to marry him.

Mary is very gold-diggerish but she at least seems to take her job seriously.

HC
Countess

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2013, 06:22:29 pm »

True, QM is not as bad as Henrik.  I just find her a bit eccentric at times.   And I really dislike Mary, and can't see why QM allowed her to join the family.  But Mary is not as bad as Kate.  I would rather have Mary than Kate in my RF (the BRF).

As I understand Queen Ingrid said to Margrethe when she told about Henrik: "Have You really thought this through". Apparently that was Queen Ingrids usual remark when she wanted to speak with large letters.  tehe

But apart from this little story I certainly don't think ones parents should decide with whom one get married to. Neither a Queen.

Even so, the Queen actually has to tell whether she approves to the state of council. And after this approval the State of council also have to approve.

The part about the state of council I agree on, because we have to prevent the Crown prince from marrying par example Hitler or Eva Braun, or Wallis Simpson (as I consider her a nazi too).

Spice
Countess

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2013, 09:28:16 pm »

I consider Wallis Simpson a Nazi too. Actually I think the Duke of Windsor was even more of a Nazi.

Queen Margrethe would have been able to persuade Fred not to marry Mary if she wanted this, but I think she thought Mary would be good for the monarchy, and I think she has been, she's very popular in Denmark.  Mary has a lot of secrets from her past that she has managed to keep hidden from her fans - I don't think they want to believe in anything other than the fairytale.

HC
Countess

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2013, 02:34:15 pm »

Well, Spice

Just write what You know and have heard here.

It is true that in Denmark CP Mary is only critisized for being too perfect. Hard working good looking, but also too difficult to live up to.

I think the good looking part, is also because she looks very english and that is in Denmark considered excotic.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2013, 08:55:26 pm »

Although I know that Mary's past is not perfec and her cv has been embellished considering who gets the princess title these days her "scandals" are nothing.

The things that I dislike more is inviting the relation that was a sexual offender to the wedding, the strange australian friend she has and that relationship with the drug dealer (?) though in the last case they were friends of Fred.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: