Royal Gossip
April 24, 2019, 11:46:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q. Margrethe & Prince Henrik: News and Pics  (Read 52899 times)
HC
Countess

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 09:36:34 pm »

I don't think the speaches is live.

Video of Princeconsorts speach

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-47463981:se-prins-henriks-tale-til-dronningen.html

Video of The Queens speach

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-47472103:dronningens-tale-ved-gallataffel.html?forside

Primeminsters speach

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-47464757:statsministerens-tale-til-dronningen.html

HC
Countess

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 09:49:56 pm »

Very interesting about the fringe - that must have been in the suitcase on the escape from Greece?

Video of the arrivalat the galla dinner.

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-47462750:annemette-fogh-tæt-på-at-snuble.html
HC
Countess

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 09:57:13 pm »

www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Temaer/2012/Dronning/2012/01/12/112007.htm

Down the page is videos from yesterday and today - and new videos are added.
HC
Countess

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 03:05:06 pm »

Picture gallery

Galla dresses

http://foto.jp.dk/fotosite_albumview.php?serie=2145
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 04:57:40 pm »

Thank you HC!

No the fringe was this one http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/crown-princess-marie-chantal-of-greece-arrives-for-a-gala-news-photo/137010827 it was a present from his father.

And Queen Sophie's tiara is http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/crown-princess-marie-chantal-of-greece-attends-a-gala-news-photo/137116318

The greeks got all the jewels off Greece when they were thrown out.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 05:03:48 pm »

Marie-Chantal looks great in the fringe and the tiara. I sort of like the tiara the best.

Funny all of the jewels got out. I saw an interview with Anne-Marie, where she told that they took almost nothing out of Greece because she thought they would return. But I would also have taken the jewels in such circumstances.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 05:07:36 pm »

I remember the anecdote that when they had to go they went so quickly out of the country that they didn't even wait for Prince Phillip's mother that still lived in Greece at that moment.

But consider that it was not the first time that they had been exiled so at least Queen Federica must have known how to act at that moment.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2012, 05:42:18 pm »

There is an intriguing story in these events. I wonder if Anne-Marie has ever understood the whole picture.
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2012, 10:34:11 pm »

Tiaras at dawn: Europe's Royals gather to celebrate Queen of Denmark's 40 years on the throne (and there's a lot of bling on show)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2088395/Tiaras-dawn-Europes-Royals-gather-celebrate-Queen-Denmarks-40-years-throne-theres-lot-bling-show.html#ixzz1jwgAfkxE

They managed to include Kate even though she wasn't there bored3  Does anybody know why Queen Elizabeth usually does not go to other European family events like this?? Or if she's indisposed another member of the BRF? It seems odd 

what an ugly dres!!!  lols lols
http://foto.jp.dk/fto/store/res_34041.jpg

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2012, 11:03:19 pm »

Was there like a special dresscode?
aA lot of the females wore a velvet or medieval-like-dress
Margarete's dress reminded me of Queen Mary of Scot's for some reason high neck, puffy shoulders, fitting bodice, velvet dress  blink
Looks nice on her but I prefer Marie-Chantal's velvet dress.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2012, 11:12:43 pm »

I was wondering too if the ladies were just of like minds to all wear velvet and such similar gowns.  Love seeing all the jewels.
HC
Countess

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 06:29:23 pm »

Great link Chocolate Princess.
I agree that the blue dress with the big "shoulders" is ugly. It looks lige a night gown with too much fabric topping at the shoulders. (Princess Maries Lady of Waiting Britt Siesbye wearing a Charlotte Eskildsen. Never heard of the designer though.)

I do think that CP Mary has talked about the velvet dress with Queen Margrethe. (CP Marys dress is an old dress from 2004.)

And again I think that Marie-Chantal and Carina may have phoned Mary about "what are you wearing" and "I'm wearing green and then you can wear red velvet".)
HC
Countess

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 08:03:10 pm »

Marie-Chantal wore a green velvet gown with trumpet sleeves by Louis Vuitton and Carina wore a red velvet dress with 30'th sleeves by Birgit Hallstein. Queen Margrethe wore a dark blue velvet dress by her taylor Birgitte Thaulow.
HC
Countess

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 06:10:34 pm »

Prince Henrik is the first non royal spouse and non aristocrat. Until then no non royal or non nobility had been accepted in the course of Denmark's history as a hereditary monarchy prior to Hereditary Princess Margrethe's marriage in June 1967.

According to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Monpezat

This is also described in the first biography about Prince Henrik. The family actually werent counts. The family would have been noble if some document had been signed. And even if it had been signed, Henri didn't belong to that line of the family.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 06:20:32 pm »

There is so much mistery surrounding Henri's ancestry, or at least they try to sell us a false story. I cannot see the need to make all the family count of Monpezat.

HC
Countess

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 06:51:05 pm »

Alexandrine
I totally agree.

I simply don't understand why Queen Margrethes 2 sons has to be given the title counts. The father Prince Henrik wasn't aristocratic to begin with. So why make up this count de Montpezat title to the 2 sons, when it has been false all along?

My guess is that when Prince Henrik furiously complained to the press about the court treating him like nr. 3 and not nr. 2 - the Queen named him Princesonsort instead of his previous title Prince. And the make believe count title was perhaps also given to their 2 sons, to make Henrik happy again.  HAHA.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 07:01:17 pm »

And even if it was true, only Frederic would get the title after his father's death. The funny thing is that everyone gets the count title even the grand kids like the prince title. It's all so illogical, presumptuous and redundant  Lips Sealed

I see Henri as very gold diggerish and very conceited, if it wasn't for Margrethe no one would know about him and now he is even jealous of his son's position.

HC
Countess

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 07:19:22 pm »

Thats true. I haven't thought about how meaningless to give both sons the title  huh

P Joachim has stated that it meant a lot to him to see his parental heritage in his own name   blink

A point of view that also is quite illogical and conceited. Why should it mean a lot to have his father name - he also have a mother; that I don't get - and why should he want a false name.

Yes. The worst part is Henrik being jealous of his own son. That I really don't understand. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2012, 02:53:01 am »

For some reason, the Prince Consorts have always been jealous of their sons; perhaps it comes from not being able to be king in one's own right and it kind of disgusts me that Henrik once mentioned that he looked forward to the day that men were as equla as women. IF these Prince Consorts didn't want ot walk two steps behind, WHY MARRY THE FUTURE QUEEN!?huhhuh?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Catrina
courtier

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2012, 05:21:35 am »

Henrik once mentioned that he looked forward to the day that men were as equla as women.

I love a good role-reversal story, don't you?  sigh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: