Royal Gossip
September 20, 2017, 11:59:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q. Margrethe & Prince Henrik: News and Pics  (Read 31404 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2016, 12:07:35 am »

Queen Margrethe  announced Prince Henrik retires in her NYE speech

i have yet to find a link to the speech..but its being talk about on tumblr

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2016, 12:32:50 am »

omg one of my predictions becomes true the first day!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2016, 01:00:27 am »

It seems Henrik may not be retiring as completely as many on Twitter etc think. According to the Danish Court Chamberlain's communique he intends to keep most of his patronages, as well as concentrate more on artistic and cultural events which are his favourites. So, it seems to me that Henri is avoiding most of the duller State occasions where he will increasingly play third fiddle to his wife and elder son, and cherry pick the rest as he wishes. I feel sorry for Daisy as I'm sure she'll miss his presence on many public engagements, but I don't think she or the family will miss the temper tantrums about not being a King Consort.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2016, 01:06:05 am »

I should say that he will appear in one event a year where coincidentally the host is his super friend if not he won't go. Doubtful that he will attend his patronages unless the visit is in the palace because he's never been one to work a lot.

^But your summary is hilarious and also very true!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2016, 01:48:44 am »

Queen Margrethe of Denmark visits the Skagen Museum
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/02/queen-margrethe-of-denmark-visits.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2016, 01:54:49 am »

Traditional 2016 Fredensborg city torchlight procession
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/04/traditional-2016-fredensborg-city.html

FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2017, 11:04:00 pm »

Is Queen Margrethe II going to abdicate?   
http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/danish-royal-family/danish-royal-expert-predict-that-queen-margrethe-will-abdicate-74750
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2017, 07:04:51 pm »

The royal house has today announced that his Royal Highness Prince Henrik does not want to be buried in Roskilde Cathedral, as it has otherwise been planned.
The Prince's decision implies that the Prince will not lie next to her Majesty Queen under the sarcophagus that Professor and sculptor Bjørn Nørgaard has prepared.

The Queen has for some time been familiar with the decision of the Royal Highness and agrees with the decision. The Prince's decision does not change the Queen's funeral plans.

It has been promoted in the media that the Prince wants to be buried in France. This is not correct. The prince still wishes to be buried in Denmark, but the circumstances are not yet in place.
http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/hkh-prins-henrik-begraves-ikke-i-roskilde-domkirke

HC
Countess

« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2017, 07:33:36 pm »

Prince Henry must be going insane
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2017, 07:41:53 pm »

^ Truly, it is super strange to not want to be buried together, whether as normal couple or high profile couple whose names and bios will end up in history books.
Frankly I can't wrap my mind around this  blink
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2017, 02:58:30 am »

The Danish court had to answer the rumours IMO, as a gossip magazine printed a story last week, from apparently good sources, that Prince Henrik would not be buried with his wife in the sarcophagus Queen Margrethe had helped to  design and in fact he wanted to be buried in France.

That last bit isn't true and the court was quick to deny it. However the fact remains that Prince Henrik wishes to be buried away from his wife of fifty years, (they just celebrated their golden wedding) away from the cathedral where Danish royals have been buried for over five hunded years, but elsewhere in Denmark.

Not surprisingly this news has caused a sensation in Denmark and now it's all round international media. Apparently Danes have taken it to mean that Henrik is still angry and annoyed at not being King Henrik, and this all stems from that. This spoiled man child is taking his grievances to the grave and beyond. In the process he is slapping his wife and children and the whole DRF in fact, in the face in the most blatant way.

Of course, this has heightened the rumours that, since he first had his tantrum about not being 'equal' to his wife, he's gone off in a huff and the royal couple have more or less split, only see each other when he chooses. Queen Daisy has accepted his decision to be buried elsewhere (has known for some time) but apparently Danes are majorly annoyed with Henrik.

Some want him to go off permanently to France, there may be calls for his apanage (allowance) to be pulled and some Danes would like the Queen to divorce him. That isn't going to happen but if he pulls any more stunts like this Danes are going to be really angry. The Queen might decide to abdicate in favour of her son if this thing rumbles on too long.. Frederik will be fifty next year. Wonder whether Daddy will turn up for the birthday party!!

This all comes of course one day after Prince Philip, another consort, lays down his burden after 65 plus years of royal duties and loyalty to his Queen.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2017, 12:37:40 pm »

It's even made the Times:

Denmark’s Prince Henrik Wanted to Be King. So He’ll Protest for Eternity.

COPENHAGEN — Prince Henrik of Denmark has been married to the country’s queen for 50 years, and he has been carrying a grudge the whole time. Now, in an act of protest, he says he no longer wishes to be buried by her side, the Royal Danish House announced on Thursday.

[...]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/world/europe/denmark-prince-henrik-burial-wishes.html
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2017, 09:56:16 pm »

He is such an idiot. He was not even an aristo or with money and had a grand life thanks to the danes. I feel like Margrethe must have given him a fck you in some sense because the decision of being buried somewhere else is much bigger than his usual tantrum.

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2017, 02:19:07 pm »

Sh*t is hitting the fan in Denmark hard. Henrik gave an interview, saying that Margrethe didn't give him "the respect a wife should", and "just because they are married doesn't mean they have to be buried together", that "she made a fool out of him" and that spouses should be "equal"; which is in translation basically: "I'm throwing a tantrum of epic proportions, because I still hold a grudge that Marge/ Danish parliament didn't give me the title of 'King (Consort)'." smh
When he was recently hospitalized, staff came to pic him up with his dog, none of the family. I guess he's alienated them all now.

Prins Henrik: Dronningen gør mig til narren

- Min kone har ikke givet mig den respekt, som en almindelig kone skal give til sin ægtefælle, siger prins Henrik til Se og Hør.

[Prince Henrik: The queen makes me foolish

- "My wife has not given me the respect that a regular wife should give to her spouse," says Prince Henrik to see and hear.]

link to original article
http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/prins-henrik-dronningen-goer-mig-til-narren

link to google translate with the English translation
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dr.dk%2Fnyheder%2Findland%2Fprins-henrik-dronningen-goer-mig-til-narren&edit-text=&act=url
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2017, 02:49:26 pm »

^ What a whining candy arse.  Hope he gets his title taken away altogether.

I haven't played since I stopped
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2017, 03:04:18 pm »

"My wife has decided she wants to be queen and I am very happy. But as a human being, she must know that if a husband and wife are married, they are equal, says the prince of the magazine."

Yes, equal, which means they are equal partners, not of equal rank. "Queen" is always seen as below "king", and just because the female consorts are officially "queens" and sign "[Name] R.", they still lack any real power. How he can't get that in his thick skull is beyond me. Philip and Elizabeth had similar issues, and they solved it the same way Marge & Henrik did: she's head of state, he's head of home. Worked out for the Winds, but that this man can hold this silly grudge still after all these decades!!!
And he's preposterous to say Marge "decided/ chose" to be queen, she was born to be it and he knew the score from the beginning, it's not like she became queen unexpectedly as 5th in line or something like that and even then he'd know the score that she'd be above him in rank.

I really don't get him at all and that he's so willing to throw a tantrum which alienates his whole family! Mad.

He's throwing a tantrum because he's a chauvinistic a*se; us women are still seen beneath men, we still earn less than men for the very same job and are overlooked for promotions in favour of our male colleagues; we still face struggles in work place and elsewhere. In the UK (and elsewhere!) still men only clubs exist!!! In country clubs even women can't enjoy the same treatment and offer as men.
And poor Henrik can't get over a silly title, even though he was born without any title whatsoever and even though Marge bent over backwards for him, creating French sounding new fanatsy titles for him and their kids for him and in his honour. Unbelievable.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2017, 04:14:04 pm »

Queen Daisy is expected to join her loving husband shortly for a couple of weeks holiday. Should be interesting! If it isn't senility (and he should be medically assessed) it's hard to know what Henrik's no doubt appalled family are going to do about this man. He quite obviously isn't going to shut up, and pulling his apanage (as has been suggested) is only going to make things worse. In the past he's allowed himself to be pacified after one or another of his tantrums, but just lately....! What a pity this isn't the 16th century, a nice isolated castle somewhere would be ideal!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2017, 05:26:14 pm »

It IS not senility. He threw a similar tantrum the first time Fred assumed his position next to Margrethe. He went to France and abandoned his responsibilities. He is simply an idiot of epic proportions. If I was Margrethe I would divorce after that interview.

Margrethe and Henrik were such bad parents at least you could say that they did their royal work well but that is not the case with Henrik. Now it seems that he was a good grandfather but I am starting to doubt that. So he threw tantrums and did not his job and he was a bad father, so what has he done during the last what 50 years?

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2017, 07:22:45 pm »

It’s my wife, not me, who can do something about that decision. If she wants to have me buried next to her, she must make me a king-consort. That’s it. I don’t care
Prince Henrik

http://keepingupwiththeroyals.tumblr.com/post/163946531925/its-my-wife-not-me-who-can-do-something-about

he's a joy
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:26:26 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2017, 08:50:33 pm »

Denmark's grumpy royal Prince Henrik, 83, accuses Queen Margrethe of not showing him the respect 'a normal wife must give her spouse'

Prince Henrik has announced he will not be buried beside wife Queen Margrethe
    Decision is because of long-standing feud over his title, Danish media report
    Henrik is unhappy he was named prince consort, instead of king consort,
    Statement from Queen said she 'has been aware of his decision for some time'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4774768/Prince-Henrik-accuses-Queen-Margrethe-lack-respect.html

The dm buried this one deep. A reason for that?  eating cookies
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: