Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 01:25:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla, the fashion files  (Read 32894 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2014, 10:23:39 pm »

It's her family's.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2014, 01:21:46 pm »

I liked the dress/coat too.  I think she hasn't looked as good since her wedding day in 2005 - that was her peak in terms of fashion/appearance.

I agree.   I do not like this woman and think she has a lot to answer for but she cleaned up nicely for her second wedding.   

It's all downhill now and she seems to be deteriorating rapidly.   Not just the normal aging process.   Perhaps it's all the nicotine and alcohol she ingested in her life.   
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2014, 02:38:44 pm »

^
I think that she finds the Royal lifestyle stressful. She does not like flying either. I wonder how she will stand the pace when the Queen dies assuming that Camilla and Charles outlive the Queen?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2014, 03:03:49 pm »

I'm not having a pity party for Camilla. She'll be able to get out of working hard. She has so far.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2014, 03:23:00 pm »

I think Camilla is protected by Charles.   Always has been.    She does her bit here and there, but she kept her pre-marital home and escapes to it when she needs to get away from being royal.   It is amazing when you think of what Diana and Sarah had to put up with.  I don't think Camilla is up to the rigors of being a consort, myself.    Charles may be deliriously happy personally with being married to her but he did the country no favors by putting her in this position.

Photos such as this proves that Camilla LOVES dressing up and covering herself in jewels.   She really does love it.  She really wanted this position and loves all the expensive clothing and expensive jewels that she has access to despite the myth of being a simple countrywoman who is not interested in such fripperies.   
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2014, 03:25:59 pm »

It's her family's.

Thanks.

It's nice
sandy
Princess

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2014, 04:16:13 pm »

I think Camilla is protected by Charles.   Always has been.    She does her bit here and there, but she kept her pre-marital home and escapes to it when she needs to get away from being royal.   It is amazing when you think of what Diana and Sarah had to put up with.  I don't think Camilla is up to the rigors of being a consort, myself.    Charles may be deliriously happy personally with being married to her but he did the country no favors by putting her in this position.

Photos such as this proves that Camilla LOVES dressing up and covering herself in jewels.   She really does love it.  She really wanted this position and loves all the expensive clothing and expensive jewels that she has access to despite the myth of being a simple countrywoman who is not interested in such fripperies.   

I'm not all that sure Charles is deliriously happy considering she has kept her own home.

He outed her and he became obligated. I don't think he had any intention of marrying her. It just turned out that way.

She is a schemer and saw to it that she got what Diana had. She would not have been a Prince's mistress if she did not want anything.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2014, 03:52:50 am »

I'm not having a pity party for Camilla. She'll be able to get out of working hard. She has so far.

thumbsup thumbsup
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2015, 05:27:49 pm »

From a link Stephanie posted in the Cashbridge thread. Who doesn't want a baked beans can purse ?  laugh

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/12/11/298948D900000578-3120006-image-m-68_1434103741799.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/12/14/2989497B00000578-3120006-The_Duchess_was_resplendent_in_a_silk_printed_dress_by_Anna_Vale-a-160_1434114009150.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3120006/Camilla-gets-expensive-makeover.html
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2015, 02:54:17 am »

tehe
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2015, 10:34:54 pm »

Camilla is really bring out the hats lately. They are bold, interesting and very much a part of her outfits, not just little accessory like a pair of gloves. Has anyone else noticed this? 

Source:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3129572/Prince-Charles-Cameron-hear-stirring-tributes-heroes-Waterloo-St-Paul-s-service-mark-200th-anniversary-toppling-Napoleon.html    

sandy
Princess

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2015, 12:21:32 am »

I'm not sold on Charles being "deliriously happy" with her. No matter how he feels about her, he can't afford a second divorce and they will stay married IMO anyway.  I think Charles wanted to live the life of an Edwardian--having a wife, heirs, and the mistress or mistresses on the side (like Edward VII). But it did not work that way because Diana was not another Alexandra who was willing to turn a blind eye and also IMO Camilla had ambitions for herself above and beyond being a mistress. I would not be surprised if Camilla acts the royal at Raymill ordering servants around.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2015, 05:07:04 pm »

Charles made his own mess - as they say - be careful what you wish for because you migth get it

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2015, 03:55:08 am »

I'm not sold on Charles being "deliriously happy" with her. No matter how he feels about her, he can't afford a second divorce and they will stay married IMO anyway.  I think Charles wanted to live the life of an Edwardian--having a wife, heirs, and the mistress or mistresses on the side (like Edward VII). But it did not work that way because Diana was not another Alexandra who was willing to turn a blind eye and also IMO Camilla had ambitions for herself above and beyond being a mistress. I would not be surprised if Camilla acts the royal at Raymill ordering servants around.

I agree with you. Upchuck may be 'happy' with Cammie but divorce #2 is a huge no-no, as you said. I can also see her been "Queen" at Raymill.  Embarrassed
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2015, 10:33:57 am »

I don't think the Queen would allow a second divorce, and I don't think Charles would want to give up a big chunk of his money again.
india
Princess

« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2015, 02:33:10 pm »

Charles will never get rid of his Campom.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2015, 09:53:21 pm »

Hello, this is a fashion thread. Please remember this. TY

Camilla is really bring out the hats lately. They are bold, interesting and very much a part of her outfits, not just little accessory like a pair of gloves. Has anyone else noticed this? 

Source:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3129572/Prince-Charles-Cameron-hear-stirring-tributes-heroes-Waterloo-St-Paul-s-service-mark-200th-anniversary-toppling-Napoleon.html    

really? She seems to wear the same style of hats she has uses since the beginning of her career as a working royal to me. But her day wear is way better than his night wear which consists mostly on expensive nightgowns with a couple of exceptions.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2015, 12:24:44 am »

She's been wearing those hats for years. There was one that looked like a flying saucer. Both her day wear and night wear are ill fitting IMO because she is support garment challenged.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2015, 04:50:08 pm »

^day wear usually is better, especially with coats. Seems that the white coat used in Belgium is Dior which shows in the cut and quality.

But this....

http://www.gettyimages.es/search/events/560354545?editorialproduct=royalty

why? The dress doesn't go with the jewels at all. Meanwhile the D of Wellington looked very glamorous.

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2015, 05:01:32 pm »

Goodness gracious, this woman is almost 70.  No woman on earth is going to look young at that age, and I absolutely believe they truly are in love.

IMO some images don't lie, especially with eyes as laughing as Charles are in this image.

http://www.gettyimages.es/detail/fotograf%C3%ADa-de-noticias/in-this-handout-image-released-by-clarence-fotograf%C3%ADa-de-noticias/457545169

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: