Royal Gossip
March 26, 2019, 01:18:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poll
Question: How should we call this board?
 Lady Diana // Princess of hearts pinkheart Mother of William & Harry
Princess Diana // Lady Di: Married to Prince Charles (1981-1992) Mother of William & Harry
Lady Diana Spencer  // Former Princess Diana.  Married to Prince Charles (1981-1992) Mother of William & Harry
Diana, Princess of Wales // Lady Diana was married to Prince Charles (1981-1992) Mother of William & Harry

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The name on this board.  (Read 2753 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: November 11, 2011, 05:30:37 am »

Is it possible for someone to change the name on this board, and  call her by her correct title ?

Diana, Princess of Wales.

Her old title "Lady" was given up when she married The Prince of Wales....in 1981

Thank You   thankyou
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:33:38 am by Tatiana » Logged

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 11:51:08 am »

I told TCP but she preferred Lady Diana, I will tell her again now that I'm not the only one who thinks that  tehe

She likes to use names that are easy to find and recognise, the name of the Cambs board is also wrong  but she thought that newbies would find it better.

Modified because I forgot to say something
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:04:42 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:34:19 pm »

Thank You Alexandrine  Kiss

Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 11:56:04 pm »

Lady Diana might not have been her correct title, but she was known as that throughout her marriage. Don't see the big deal with an "incorrect" name when we use other nicknames all the time.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 08:15:34 pm »

Then that means we may call Our Queen .. Princess Elizabeth .... cooool  2joy

Diana was known as Princess of Wales throughout her marriage .. not Lady Diana Spencer. easter-wink

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 08:20:19 pm »

But Diana was still called Lady Di-ana more than princess of Wales in most of the world after the marriage.

However, I think that she was entitled to the courtesy title even when some people would like to forget that.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 08:52:02 pm »

Amen  thumbsup

People who did not know any better, called her Lady Di...  a title she despised.

Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 09:48:26 pm »

It's not a matter of "knowing any better."

People called her Lady Diana out of love and affection, even if she didn't particularly like it.
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:48 pm »

I told TCP but she preferred Lady Diana, I will tell her again now that I'm not the only one who thinks that  tehe

She likes to use names that are easy to find and recognise, the name of the Cambs board is also wrong  but she thought that newbies would find it better.

Actually I asked the mods how to call it (I was looking but couldn't find it) The name of the Cambs board is wrong?? I know 've spelled it wrong at first and you said: " TCP is not Camebridge but Cambridge..." But what else? TCP baking cookies

Thing is: I thought we agreed she was only Princess Diana during her marriage with Charles Prince of Wales. With her divorce she also lost that title... So Lady Diana it was. But I also added Princess of hearts pinkheart, because the public gave her the inofficial title.

I will add a poll to this topic so you members can decide how to name the board.  BFF2
(but I want at least 10 voters before I change anything. If ppl don't care then all stays as it is sigh)

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 12:16:28 pm »

I told you that it should be Diana, Princess of Wales  huh Because even when she was divorce that's something they cannot take from her, same with Sarah.

About the Cambs I said that the official title is The Duke & Duchess of Cambrige not Duke William & Duchess Kate of Cambridge. But as you said it makes it easy to find and for newbies to understand.  Hi

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 05:48:04 pm »

Say TCP it's a detail but I thought they divorced in '96 not '92?
I know they separated in '92 but..

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 09:25:50 pm »

Okay.. here we go..

Lady Diana Spencer married HRH The Prince of Wales, and became HRH Princess of Wales... after her divorce she became Diana, Princess of Wales.

She was no longer HRH after her divorce.

I should be clearer.. she hated the nickname "DI"

Tony Blair called her The People's Princess, in a speech.

The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 11:18:58 pm »

About the Cambs I said that the official title is The Duke & Duchess of Cambrige not Duke William & Duchess Kate of Cambridge. But as you said it makes it easy to find and for newbies to understand.  Hi

It DOES make it easier!! snob  easter-lol
Yeaaaah whatever TCP painting easter egg  I just did a quick googling. I don't mind what to write in the board description -I'd just wanted to gie you girls some alternatives Kiss

Only 4 votes by now!! easter-akasha     Everybody vote NOW!! Angry  easter-lol

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 04:25:03 am »

Diana, Princess of Wales seems to have won  loveshower

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 12:26:59 pm »

loveshower loveshower loveshower

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 03:24:24 am »

I will add a poll to this topic so you members can decide how to name the board.  BFF2
(but I want at least 10 voters before I change anything. If ppl don't care then all stays as it is sigh)

15 Voted .. please change the name on this board.   thankyou

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 11:33:49 pm »

hello Kiss

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 11:40:59 pm »

hmm seems TCP forgot her promise about this topic
I'll send her a note to change the name OK?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 11:47:19 pm »

Thank You  thankyou

The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 04:55:08 am »

Yeah, I totally forgot Embarrassed

Last time I checked it was a very close vote, so I wanted to have a clear winner. I changed it now thumbsup

I took it into consideration hug

topic is now locked
lock

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: