Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 10:14:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urdangarin (Cristina's husband) is being investigated  (Read 14563 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: November 07, 2011, 05:06:27 pm »

http://politica.elpais.com/politica/2011/11/07/actualidad/1320681235_042429.html

It has been going for a long time now, but today the police has searched the offices of the society supposedly corrupt

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:30:10 pm »

http://www.royaltyinthenews.com/2011/11/11/infanta-cristinas-husband-investigated-for-corruption/. I alway's thought Inaki was nice, I *despise* to think he's turning out to be corrupt.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:35:30 pm »

He still has not been accused but he may be soon.

SRF PR has said that he will not be defended by them as he acted as a private person.

I've never liked him so not surprised.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 08:51:42 pm »

I have to say that I don't like him eighter... easter-James

But isn't strange that SRF don't try to protect him?

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 09:12:38 pm »

Difficult question. This investigation has been going for a long time but it's only now that it has been published in a very big way in all media.

I think that the SRF is less protected by the press than it was so maybe this is the reason that the story broke but a high profile politician has been accused of corruption so this could be use as trying to take attention from that.

I don't know what the SRF can do right now except wait (but who knows what they are trying to do in reality  bored3)

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 09:21:38 pm »

Well lets hope that true comes out! if he did that he has to pay! jail or in money, ist's peoples money!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 10:24:32 pm »

Very interesting news!!

He still has not being called to declare by the judge but the press says that the treasurer of his corporation was the secretary of Cristina&Elena, the palace has said that he was acting as a private person but this links more closely the SRF to the corruption case. Plus that guy and Elena were going to start a business together before the king said that it wouldn't be appropiate. Moreover most of the funds supposedly illegal went to a corporation created by Urdangarin but also Cristina!

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 12:00:53 am »

It has become a HUGE scandal, it has even instigated the rumour that the infantas were going to stop being considered royal family and doing royal events. But this was denied afterwards.

Many think now that the only way for Cristina is to divorce him!

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 02:55:47 pm »

So she will divorce just to have money from peoples taxes?  bored3

I think that she needs to now how life is difficult...

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 08:04:33 pm »

She will still have tax money even if she doesn't divorce, she supposedly doesn't get any permanent sum of money, only when she does an official event.

She will have to divorce to "defend" the monarchy, nearly every journalist these days has repeated a quote by Q. Victoria Eugenia: "the most important thing is the institution, then dynasty and at the end the person".

However, I think the damage is already done and the new gov will probably not be very friendly towards the royal family.

HC
Countess

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 08:50:08 pm »

Son in law excluded from royal activities.

http://jp.dk/blitz/kendte/article2634809.ece
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 11:59:53 pm »

He's no longer protected by his in-laws ... that's why he's out to be hung to dry like that. This "Dynasty" is trying to survive & the collective are not protecting them...
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 08:51:50 pm »

The King's speech was mainly about this indirectly... Urdangarin as DIR says is totally alone but imo he is not going away quietly. If everyone says that 2011 was the annus horribilis for the spanish RF, 2012 will be worse imo.

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 09:47:50 pm »

Do you think that this will be the cause to make the Borbon house fall?

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 09:57:37 pm »

It may but it may not.

Before Iñaki's problems became press fodder, a state statistic showed that the monarchy was given a mark of 4.9 by the people. So imagine what everyone would give them now.

I don't think they are in secure ground but unless the two most important political parties do not want to open the debate of republic versus monarchy the constitution will not be reformed. However, Spain has political parties that flirt with the idea of the republic and after the last events the monarchy is less protected than before when the press didn't publish bad news against them so I can imagine that there will more voices asking for a republic the next years.

It's especially interesting who is publishing the news about Urdangarin: two newspapers who are totally in opposition, one is from the left and the other from the right; it's like they are in a witch hunt but imo they are not hunting Iñaki...

Let's see what happens, but if he is accused it's going to be a circus as it doesn't seem that Iñaki is going quietly.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 04:53:59 pm »

According to his ex girlfriend Iñaki was still with her when the engagement with the infanta was announced...but he still met with her when he was married!!!!!

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 08:31:38 pm »

You must be joking!  blink  Where I can se those news?

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 09:07:12 pm »

I think I saw it in tv, sorry.  sorry

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 09:40:28 pm »

They are saying that Quenn sofia and King Juan Carlos split!
and this case helped!

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 09:44:31 pm »

Mostly they are saying that they are not a couple since the eighties but it has always been known although until now it had not been made public.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: