Royal Gossip
December 13, 2017, 12:48:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Letizia: Savior or Foe?  (Read 25102 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 11:21:06 am »

I have my opinion and knowledge acquired from reading many articles, if you don't believe me it'c your choice  dontknow

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 03:14:34 pm »

Letizia like Kate? You must be kidding with me! Look what Letizia did and do, and look for what kate did last year...

If Felipe wanted to marry just to make his parent's life a big hell, well she is a victim! I believe that Felipe loves her... I believe that Felipe saw in Letizia something that finnaly he could have a fight with his parents! So the bad one here is just Felipe not Letizia!

Another thing, people say that she did this and that when she was single, maybe yes maybe not (at least letizia didn't make her life arround the dream of catch a prince!) But when she married she made a few mistakes... many of them was the press (like that foto of Carla Bruni and Letizia *butt*). The king did not like her... well she since she is in on that family she never put the monarchy with a swordon their neck! But at this moment they are with that sword, and the fault is not from Letizia or Felipe, is from Cristina and her husband! So who is the bad one? Cristina is a "princess", and the recent news says that she knew about the money that her husband was taking from people taxes....

If the Royal house fall, the guilt is not from Letizia, but from Cristina! (And I believe that this can be a big spine in the neck of Kinf Juan Carlos)

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 11:30:51 pm »

Letizia is nothing like Kate, i think Letizia is not the woman they envisioned for their CP and feel the need to spread nasty rumours about her.Look at the way they talked about Letizia sisters suicide.All im seeing is a woman working very hard and standing by her man.She probably wants an independant role , because she has the brains to do so.
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 11:55:11 pm »

Rogue I think you are right! I believe that press in spain is pissed off with her, because she was one of them and they didn't have time to make money with her...

At the start there were any problem, but when she stoped invite people to some party or ceremony well her "friends" start to say nasty things about her! And even Isabel startorius came talk about Letizia and what a great friend she is....

I believe that friends wanted to catch in with Letizia's position

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 02:57:55 am »

Letizia is nothing like Kate, i think Letizia is not the woman they envisioned for their CP and feel the need to spread nasty rumours about her.Look at the way they talked about Letizia sisters suicide.All im seeing is a woman working very hard and standing by her man.She probably wants an independant role , because she has the brains to do so.

Letizia runs circles around Kate. She is accomplished, she has a noted and award winning journalism career, she lived her own independent life prior to meeting the Prince. Letizia was and is a real go-getter. Nothing like lazy Kate.  eating cookies

[/URL]
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 01:25:22 pm »

I think that Letizia has been through a lot and used her intelligence to become a better and stronger person.  Kate has had so much leisure and learned nothing, and never tried to improve or grow.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 12:26:15 am »

Princess Letizia: the commoner who could save Spain's tarnished crown
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10883486/Princess-Letizia-the-commoner-who-could-save-Spains-tarnished-crown.html
Can Princess Letizia, a divorced ex-TV journalist, restore credibility to the troubled Spanish monarchy, asks William Langley
"It is a common proverb, beauteous princess,” quoth Spain’s national bard, Cervantes, “that diligence is the mother of good fortune.” Princess Letizia Ortiz, the country’s 41-year-old queen-to-be, is certainly beauteous and has worked diligently to be accepted, but, phew!, does her husband need some good fortune.

Sad when the actual Royals themselves can do no good for their countries and Commoners have to swoop in to save them  thumbsdown
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:09:51 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 02:41:20 am »

Even though, Nighthawk, to be fair, Sophia has been a very good Queen Consort to Juan Carlos, hardworking and diligent, and she was a Greek princess.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2014, 03:11:18 am »

Sofia wasn't a commoner she was a Princess in her own right so IMO she doesn't really count as someone trying to save the royals for she was and is born into Royalty
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2014, 03:14:46 am »

Princess Letizia: the commoner who could save Spain's tarnished crown
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10883486/Princess-Letizia-the-commoner-who-could-save-Spains-tarnished-crown.html
Can Princess Letizia, a divorced ex-TV journalist, restore credibility to the troubled Spanish monarchy, asks William Langley
"It is a common proverb, beauteous princess,” quoth Spain’s national bard, Cervantes, “that diligence is the mother of good fortune.” Princess Letizia Ortiz, the country’s 41-year-old queen-to-be, is certainly beauteous and has worked diligently to be accepted, but, phew!, does her husband need some good fortune.
Sad when the actual Royals themselves can do no good for their countries and Commoners have to swoop in to save them  thumbsdown

I wonder how good of a Queen/Savior she'll be if she ends up being a 9-5 Queen and more interested in international causes than Spain or even being much of a wife. As for commoners saving them, has St. Kate of Cambridge saved William or helped him on the international stage, or even done half the amount of engagements Fergie did.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2014, 10:22:29 am »

KF, I don't know what your beef is with Letizia but can you answer two questions:
1. What gave you the idea that Letizia considers her job to be a 9-5 job?
2. What gave you the idea that she is fishing for an international job?

Because I haven't found anything to back up your assumptions so far. Letizia is not at the moment very involved in any international organisation, other than perhaps the Cervantes Institute which is set-up to spread the knowledge and understanding of Spanish language and culture (seems like a worthy cause to support for a future Queen of Spain). And I have seen multiple pictures of her attending events later in the day including official dinners etc. And let's be honest...you won't see Maxima or Mary out and about after 6 pm every single day. Yes, they attend the occasional premier, a state-dinner but most of the royal work is done during the day: opening museum-exhibitions, opening hospitals, attending children's events etc.

And keep in mind that like Maxima and Mary, Letizia is also a mother and I am sure that she wants to have dinner with her daughters at least a few times a week and personally I see nothing wrong with that. You seem to resent independent women andcontinuously say that it is her job to support her husband and the monarchy; raising her daughters in a way that they become stable, well-balanced, well-behaved girls who understand their peculiar role and place in society is one of the most obvious ways for her to support her husband and the Royal Family.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2014, 11:29:03 am »

Lets make a bet; if Letizia decides to start doing more international stuff, we can call it even. If she starts cutting back on state stuff ot either spend time on her own or ignores Spain and spends the majority of her time with UN/international committees, then I can say I'm right.

I've been right more than I've been wrong on this forum.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2014, 11:43:21 am »

You haven't answered my questions.

And it is not about right or wrong. At least not for me. I am not Spanish so whatever happens in Spain isn't all that important to me (monarchy or Republic I mean). All I know is that as a Dutch person, I have no problem with the Dutch Queen doing international work. And I feel that royals are set-up to do international work. Their royal status opens doors and that can be beneficial for Spanish industry and the economy at large.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2014, 01:21:24 pm »

My only problem with Royals, Country leaders and Presidents when they start focusing outside their own country and focus on countries that don't involve them then I have a problem with that....make your country safe and secured first....make sure your people aren't dying from diseases, hunger, homeless...whatever the case may be...once that's accomplished then start sticking your nose into places where you can help until then the rulers of each country need to focus on what they are doing not what others are doing around them..as I stated that applies to Each and every country
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2014, 01:46:30 pm »

I don't know from which country you are but we just celebrated the heroes who did get involved in the business of other countries and as a Dutch citizen I am eternally gratefull that president Roosevelt was in favour of helping the European countries that were invaded by the nazi's. And that decision has helped the US get out of the recession; industrial output surged, the men who enlisted were no longer unemployed, their wives, girlfriends etc taking their places in the factories. Enabling them to safe money and buy a house after the war and starting the American Dream. And after the war, the US helped European countries with Marshall Aid. Money that was redirected to the US after receiving it through investments in US companies like GE, GM, Ford etc. The fact that the US takes the bulk of military expenses of NATO isn't just altruism either; it has enabled Boeing and other members of the US military industrial complex to sell their products to NATO-partners. So what may seem as 'not paying attention to the problems in the US' is, in the end, very much beneficial for the US and the people of the US. And that works in this manner for all countries.

Fact is, in this day and age, all countries are intertwinned, as are their interests. You cannot focus on your own country and think that the country can survive on its own. The Spanish economy is dependent on the rest of the world and how the rest of the world is doing. The present-day crisis was something that initiated with US bankers who were driven by greed and bonuses and not so much by 'doing good and ethical business'. Goldman Sachs explained the Greek government how to cook the books in order to seem ready for the euro. And all countries in the eurozone paid the price for that fraud (because that is what it was).
And the same with Spain...the problems with the banks made the real estate crisis happen, made the consumer confidence and expenses go down and you have a recession.

To get out of that, Spanish businesses need foreign consumers to buy their produce; from clothes from Zara to Spanish olive oil. Paying attention to a countries international interests doesn't mean that the national interests are forgotten. People can multi-task, even politicians (and granted...some of the them are simpletons) and royals needs to multi-task as well: pay attention to the national interests, the problems the people are facing, the disasters that happen, the aftermath. But they also need to focus on the position of their country internationally...that is where royalty still has  a plus over presidents (perhaps with the exception of the US president). And these two things are not counter-productive at all.

I have studied Political Science & Public Administration with many electives in International Affairs and one thing I have learned...national interests and international interests cannot be viewed separately. An isolationist worldview is damaging for a country; it was for the US under Hoover and it will be for Spain when it tries to get out of the recession.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2014, 02:04:53 pm »

^EXCELLENT post CofH.   flower
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2014, 07:12:14 pm »

I was just stating my opinion so excuse me for having one
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2014, 08:04:45 pm »

I am not attacking you for your opinion, I only try to explain you why I think that your idea of a RF focussing only on their own country can be very counterproductive. If you don't agree with me, that is fine with me.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2014, 08:11:35 pm »

^^All opinions are welcome. YM

It would help me to know more about the fiscal stability of Spain to speak intelligently about what is or isn't best for the country nor what level of political mandates the King/Queen of Spain fall into.  I can speak about FDR, though, as I chose his presidential tenure as part of not only my own college courses but as a private interest.  FDR held back heavily on immigration when all hades broke out in Europe because we were coming right on the heels of the Great Depression and it was his policy to protect employment and the influx of spies for US citizens.  

A 10th of those who wanted entry to the States were denied in the early 30s so at some point it is policy to look after ones own country's needs especially during times of internal crisis.  That is the leader of any country's main job or should be.  So, I would assume that the same point of view is the same for Spain.  No country can help another until it is strong enough to do so.  It's much like any survival training.  Throw a life ring into the water before plunging in, put the oxygen over your own face before helping the person next to you, put out your own house fire so it doesn't spread to your neighbor.  Classic International Policy.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Sidney
courtier

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2014, 08:21:13 pm »

@Countess of Holland: Kate and her sister Pippa are excellent when it comes to promoting British (and Spanish, for that matter) products. Whatever these two women wear sells out within minutes. I still remember some Zara clothes that Pippa wore. People went NUTS about them and they stared flying off the shelves. A friend of mine was working for Zara at the time and she couldn't believe it. Only a very famous Spanish journalist (Sara Carbonero) has had the same effect on sales. Kate is good at promoting British products. A friend of mine went to England a month before the Royal Wedding was to be celebrated and he wanted to buy me a necklace that Kate had worn long ago and that had been reissued to commemorate the occasion. He knew how much I have always liked it and wanted to buy it for me. The clerk at the store told him it had sold out within hours. It was impossible for him to find one. I don't see that happening with a lot of royals, to be honest. I don't see people in Spain going crazy about what Victoria of Sweden or Mary of Denmark wear.

As for Letizia wanting to be a 9-5 royal... well, even the journalists who are her friends can see it.

Mari Ángeles Alcázar, minute 2:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8bb84pPscs

"I think the problem here is that she doesn't accept what her job entails. She thinks, and it gets worse each day, that she hasn't become a princess with the glamor and fairytale aspect of it. She wants to be practical and thinks she's a high ranking government official who has a job to do".

Mari Ángeles once said: "Being a royal is like being a mom. It's not a 9 to 5 job. You can go to the theater, but you're still a mom. Same with being a royal: you are a princess 24/7. The problem with Letizia is that she does think that this is a 9 to 5 job".

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: