Royal Gossip
May 23, 2017, 07:53:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of the Spanish RF  (Read 60536 times)
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2014, 05:26:22 am »

girls are adorable
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2014, 12:34:17 pm »

Everytime I see Letizie, she seems to have lost more weight and not sure if Felipe likes his women thin.

The pics looked gorgeous but where's Letizia? 

What will happen to the succession law? will they change it now since Felipe is going to be crown as King? Or would Letizia need to have another child next year or so?

All Félipe's girlfriends have been pretty thin. Eva Sannum was a bag of bones as well, as was that American girl Gigi something. So I guess he likes them svelt. And Letizia has always been petite. It is her bone-structure combined with a quick metabolism I guess. And throw in the stress of having a brother-in-law who is facing trial, a father-in-law with massive health-problems, the suicide of her sister a couple of years ago and the knowledge that she and her husband are the ones to make or break the Spanish monarchy, I think everyone would loose weight as a result of stress.

The pictures were taken last year in honour of Letizia's 40th birthday. There were some with Letizia and some without her. That these are without her, isn't all that strange. We have seen a multitude of pictures of royal fathers and their heirs. Pictures of Harald-Haakon-Ingrid, of Beatrix-Willem-Alexander and Amalia. And there is even a painting painted of Margrethe, Frederik and Christian. No Henrik or Mary in sight.

As for the succession law, no need to change it. A woman can inherit the throne in Spain, it is just that a younger brother will take precedence. So Leonor will be Princess of Asturias as of this Thursday and since Letizia is 41, I doubt a younger brother will be born. So in the future it will be Queen Leonor. Had Sofia been a boy, I think the Spanish government would have adapted the succession laws so that the eldest, regardless of gender, would be the heir. But since Sofia was a girl, there was no need to change the laws.
I expect that the law will be changed in the future, f.e. at the time when Leonor herself gets married and becomes pregnant. Until then, there is no need to rock the boat so to speak.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2014, 05:50:09 pm »

And throw in the stress of having a brother-in-law who is facing trial, a father-in-law with massive health-problems, the suicide of her sister a couple of years ago and the knowledge that she and her husband are the ones to make or break the Spanish monarchy, I think everyone would loose weight as a result of stress.

We could add that Letizia's father, grandmother and aunt are dealing with a judicial process due to trying to protect their assets against a creditor which is a penal offense in Spain.

Oh and that aunt loves to say in twitter and the press that she is a republican and talks about her family.

Without forgetting that her sister's life is a chaos, her husband loves to criticise the press on a famous newspaper and his father is also dealing with the justice because of corruption.

Letizia's side is as ridiculous as her husband's family.

However, from what I've been told through the years from different sources, so believe it or not, Letizia does have some kind of eating disorder. I was told it was anorexia. This was before her sister died.

As for the succession law, no need to change it. A woman can inherit the throne in Spain, it is just that a younger brother will take precedence. So Leonor will be Princess of Asturias as of this Thursday and since Letizia is 41, I doubt a younger brother will be born. So in the future it will be Queen Leonor. Had Sofia been a boy, I think the Spanish government would have adapted the succession laws so that the eldest, regardless of gender, would be the heir. But since Sofia was a girl, there was no need to change the laws.
I expect that the law will be changed in the future, f.e. at the time when Leonor herself gets married and becomes pregnant. Until then, there is no need to rock the boat so to speak.

Sadly I have to disagree here because to change this part of the constitution you need a referendum and although some presidents have considered it the process is so difficult that they haven't done it. They fear that it will end up being used as a referendum about the monarchy.

It would also have been difficult to justify because Felipe has an elder sister.

IMO it would have ended with a constitutional crisis and they would have considered the eldest as the heir with the idea that the constitution would have changed in the future.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2014, 01:56:09 am »

Queen Sofia attends Mozart concert in Toledo, Spain
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/09/queen-sofia-attends-mozart-concert-in.html

Queen Sofia attends the Neurological Disease Foundation Conference
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/09/queen-sofia-attends-neurological.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2014, 02:38:17 am »

no one would blame Sofia if she retired to a fancy villa someplace and  took up with a toyboy (well maybe the last part might not go down that well)

but she is still working - good for her
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2015, 04:26:59 am »

True
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2016, 02:07:09 am »

Spain's Queen Sofia visits Reina Sofia Hospital in Cordoba
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/04/spains-queen-sofia-visits-reina-sofia.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: