Royal Gossip
November 14, 2018, 04:20:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Philip's health rumours  (Read 58253 times)
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 04:34:38 am »

Wide awake!  :eyes:  He truly is an amazing man.  I hadn't seen a video of him speaking before watching the YouTube clips posted earlier in this thread, which were wonderful, by the way.  I was thoroughly impressed.  He's charming, yet bitingly no-nonsense all the same, and I love it.  Also, people always say the boys got their good looks from Diana, but Prince Philip's genes sure didn't hurt!  It's no wonder the young Princess Elizabeth was smitten.  Anyway, one of my grandfathers has at least 5 of these stents, with the first one having been put into place eons ago, ca. the late 1990's, and he's still going strong.  ITA Tatiana...  It will take a lot more than this to keep Prince Philip down.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 06:56:46 am »

My dad was wide awake while he had his stents put in his heart. It can be risky though because opening a blockage in the heart can cause them to stop breathing.

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 08:31:43 am »

I've had the pleasure of being in his company, a few times.

What you see is what you get.

I can see what HRH Princess Elizabeth saw in him.   

I worked in Thoracic surgery .. it's pretty routine.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 09:02:38 am »

SkyNews here in Australia recently had a cross to their counterpart in the UK with the report that members of the RF are expected to visit him in hospital today - Christmas Eve.
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 10:28:08 am »

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt
helicopter landed at Sandringham. Will presumably take members of the royal family to Papworth Hospital to visit Prince Philip. #royal

From twitter.

Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 11:03:52 am »

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt
Queen arrived by helicopter to see husband in Cambridgeshire hospital. #royal

Latest news.

Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 12:15:31 pm »

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt
Prince Philip's son the Prince of Wales and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall now visiting him at Cambridgeshire hospital. #royal
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply
ยป
Peter Hunt
BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt
Buckingham Palace say Prince Philip is in "good spirits" after 45 min visit by Queen and his children, Anne, Andrew and Edward. #royal
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

More updates via twitter.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 01:46:47 pm »

I'm glad to hear he's on the mend.  It's amazing what they can do these days.  My mom had open heart surgery at 92 along with about 20 others her age and they all made it (at Scripps, which I highly recommend).  He's a tough old bird.  However, I've spent far too much time with the 90+ set and it takes a toll no matter how slight the procedure.  To be honest, my mum's never really come fully back.  We laugh (well, I do) that she's got a Ferrari engine in a Model T.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2011, 06:48:54 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078181/Duke-Edinburgh-treated-blocked-coronary-artery.html

The family visited him.

The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 06:55:50 pm »

What a relief to hear he's alright. I heard about the surgery on the news and cursed that I haven't been online here to met more information.

I'm sure Prince Phillip will become over 100 years! Hi He's a tough guy, and the Queen needs him king
AMAZING that he still does 350 engagements each year!!! :eyes:  While Waity Katie gets another year off to "adjust". She should take over at least 50 to support her new family.

I hope your Dad is alright Kezza hug

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 08:30:15 pm »

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwosvvlHqj1r4jvz6o1_500.png

Prince Harry's colleagues were the ones to fly Phillip to hospital

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 09:03:06 pm »

thumbsup

Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 09:05:54 pm »

Glad to hear that he's going to be alright. Hope the rest of the family are okay too.
Queenbee
courtier

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2011, 11:09:51 pm »

I am glad to hear he is going to be alright .My uncle had the same thing ,but ended with a staph infection that killed him .hope The duke has better nurses ,and doctors
 easter-akasha

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 01:18:53 am »

What a relief to hear he's alright. I heard about the surgery on the news and cursed that I haven't been online here to met more information.

I am sure that HM is quietly relieved to the marrow of her bones that he's going to be okay. This is purely routine and a simple procedure that will be just fine and then I am sure that he will soon be back to his usual snappish self. I look forward to it next year.

I'm sure Prince Phillip will become over 100 years! Hi He's a tough guy, and the Queen needs him king

I know that he is the only reason that HM has been able to keep going and simply survive her insane family is because of Philip. He has been so good to her and so good for her that I am more than sure taht HM won't outlive him long and will end up dropping within a year of his death. 

AMAZING that he still does 350 engagements each year!!! :eyes:  While Waity Katie gets another year off to "adjust". She should take over at least 50 to support her new family.

He needs rest and desperately needs to find some form of genuine relaxation. Kate and WIlliam should both be doing a minimum of a hundred engagements while Harry fifty and Philip should be down to one hundred a year at the most. What a worthless woman Kate is that she cannot even do at least a hundred a year; she could easily do two if she worked at it enough and if she did four engagements a day. Four a day is not impossible and it's not like she has anything better to do.

I hope your Dad is alright Kezza hug

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2011, 02:06:40 am »

I agree that Kate, William and Harry have to step it up.  I will give the princes a small pass in that they are part-time officers in the military (either that or the British military are only on duty about 6 months a year).

The RF have made it clear that they are the only ones in their generation to pick up the slack from those of the Queen and Philip's generation (where there are six people) so Kate especially will have to step up in 2012 and start doing 20 or so a week to take the pressure off Philip and the Queen.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2011, 02:46:23 am »

I pray that he has at least 10-15 years of full health and vitality.  He's such an integral to the Queen.  God bless Him!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2011, 04:17:20 am »

I agree that Kate, William and Harry have to step it up.  I will give the princes a small pass in that they are part-time officers in the military (either that or the British military are only on duty about 6 months a year).

The RF have made it clear that they are the only ones in their generation to pick up the slack from those of the Queen and Philip's generation (where there are six people) so Kate especially will have to step up in 2012 and start doing 20 or so a week to take the pressure off Philip and the Queen.

Eactly, they are part time officers and they should be filling their free time wiht patronages and also Kate should have ahd hundereds under her belt at this point. Once the DoE gets out, he is probably going to have to cut back and mainly stick with the more important diplomatic instances, not at all the minor stuff. He needs rest and he needs to get more sleep and relaxation. The Ducal couple should not at this point get it into their heads that fun time is now over and even HM needs rest. Kate shoiuld do more engagements, if only because she seems to get a new outfit each time she does; if I were required to do an engagement to get a new outfit I would do so many that I would have a whole new wardrobe.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2011, 05:33:32 am »

This should be a huge warning shot over the bow that Lazy and Lazier should absolutely start sobering up, growing up and step away from admiring their own lying press and get to work already.  It's ridiculous, to me.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2011, 06:45:15 am »

If Philip goes, HM won't be too far behind. I look forward to HM really getting her bearings and then whipping that pair of spoiled brats into place. If Philip geos, quite frankly, HM will end up either collapsing or taking various members of her family to the back of the woodshed. I think several need to be taken to the woodshed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: