Royal Gossip
August 16, 2018, 01:35:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Philip's health rumours  (Read 57328 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: October 31, 2011, 02:11:49 pm »

victoriaarbiter Victoria Arbiter
RT @BBCPeterHunt The BBC has learnt that Prince Philip has pulled out of a trip to Italy this afternoon because he has a cold. #royal

victoriaarbiter Victoria Arbiter
Princess Michael of Kent will stand in for Prince Phillip in Italy later today.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:33:00 pm »

He needs rest and relaxation. Why not send Kate?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 02:53:18 pm »

I'm surprised that Princess Michael is attending the event as she has no official role.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 02:56:49 pm »

Good Lord he's 90 and just done a tour of Australia and he intended to go straight on to Italy? I doubt they daren't send Waity KF - Princess Michael will do a good job instead.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:33:24 pm »

11 day tour of Australia, good for him.

Kate is not nearly ready for solo engagement abroad.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »

Duke of Edinburgh in hospital following chest pains

The Duke of Edinburgh has been taken to hospital in Cambridge after suffering chest pains, a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.

Prince Philip, who turned 90 in June, was taken from Sandringham to the cardiothoracic unit at Papworth Hospital for "precautionary tests", the spokeswoman said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16323794

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 10:34:17 pm »

Just caught this on the 10'clock news. Let's hope for the best. I used to live just a few miles from Papworth and it is world class - he's in the very best hands. However, I do wonder if this is more serious than they are letting on as Papworth is the place for serious heart issues. It may be he has been taken there due to his age.

Get well soon PP we need your non PC, don't suffer fools gladly sense of humour.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »

10 years ago the Queen had to deal with the loss of her sister and her mother in her Jubilee year.  I do hope she won't lose Philip in her Diamond Jubilee year - but he has reportedly had heard problems for quite some time.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 10:46:08 pm »

Just caught this on the 10'clock news. Let's hope for the best. I used to live just a few miles from Papworth and it is world class - he's in the very best hands. However, I do wonder if this is more serious than they are letting on as Papworth is the place for serious heart issues. It may be he has been taken there due to his age.

Get well soon PP we need your non PC, don't suffer fools gladly sense of humour.

I agree True Brit, I live 6 miles from Sandringham, and there is large modern hospital nearby, in addition there is the private Sandringham Hospital next door.  Therefore, 50 miles to Cambridge is a long way for a 90 year old to travel for a check up and an ECG when it could be done on his doorstep.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 11:12:54 pm »

If members of the RF do go and see him then its serious i'm afraid. Fingers crossed not a good way to spend christmas.

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 11:21:55 pm »

Mooster, excellent point about the distance & ECG.  I hope and pray I'm wrong, but this situation looks pretty bad.  No story I've found yet has given word as to his current condition, a fact which I find ominous in itself.  If he were stable, or simply being monitored, they would say as much.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 11:32:43 pm »

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt
Duke of Edinburgh had blocked coronary artery. Been treated with what Palace call "the minimally invasive procedure of coronary stenting".

Latest news.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 11:40:16 pm »

^thanks...not looking so good especially for his age...hope he does get well...
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 12:00:02 am »

My dad had this done a few years ago it can be risky more so for someone of Prince Philips age. They go through the major artery in your leg put dye in to see were the blockage is and then put the stents in.

It sounds like he got the warnings before the heart attack.

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 12:03:27 am »

Best Wishes to PP, a thoroughly good bloke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ6z59KczQ8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4weplTf_Faw&feature=related

parts one and two above

They say he will be home in a short time.  thumbsup
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:09:39 am by Tatiana » Logged

Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 01:20:33 am »

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/23/world/europe/uk-prince-philip/?hpt=hp_t2

The surgery was successful, and now the Press Association is reporting that Prince Philip will remain in the hospital for observation for "the immediate Christmas period."  Very, very glad to hear that he is apparently out of danger.

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 03:54:12 am »

It wasn't really "surgery", it was a procedure.. he should be home by Christmas Day.

Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 03:59:53 am »

Thank you for clarifying, Tatiana.  thankyou  I kept seeing the term "minor surgery" whenever "minimally invasive procedure" wasn't used, so I wasn't sure.

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 04:12:34 am »

Most Welcome !

He was wide awake, he had a local anesthetic.

It will take more than that to keep this man down, he is quite amazing.

I am glad to see that unlike Prince Albert, he is being appreciated for his role, whilst he is still with us.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 04:16:13 am »

Yes. I watched TV this evening hoping that I wouldn't see the announcement that he has passed away. Bad enough she lost her sister and mother in such close succession, a husband would be an intolerable blow. If Philip makes it to the Diamond Jubilee, she will have accomplished what even Queen Victoria never had: a husband she adores by her side for a historical occasion.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: