Royal Gossip
July 28, 2017, 01:44:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess Alexandra  (Read 26838 times)
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« on: October 21, 2011, 02:47:00 pm »

I've heard or read various rumours for the Divorce but never truly understood where trouble suddenly arose in their marriage, since when they married, this was said to be a true love-match and they supposedly adored each other. I recall, the  Scandinavian press saying what a Fairytale this marriage was. I did not follow it closely at that point, but over the years, I heard various rumours or read them, towards the end of the marriage, that both Alexandra and Joachim on separate occasions were being seen out without each other.
Still I was surprised by the divorce, since this relationship started with such a Fairytale story behind it. I believed that these two were deeply in love, I could never quite get what REALLY happened to cause a divorce.  dontknow Shocked

A old article excerpts...

February 8, 2007 - 9:29AM

Denmark's Hong Kong-born Princess Alexandra, who divorced Prince Joachim in April 2005, will marry her companion of two years Martin Joergensen on March 3, the royal palace has announced.
Joergensen, 27, who is 15 years' younger than the 42-year-old princess, is a photographer who has done several portraits of the Danish royal family. 

The wedding will be private and Alexandra will no longer be considered a member of the royal family after the marriage, a palace statement said.http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/denmarks-princess-alexandra-to-remarry/2007/02/08/1170524199516.html 

On 3 October 2007 the Danish Royal Court announced that Prince Joachim had become engaged to Marie Cavallier, now Princess Marie of Denmark. The wedding took place on 24 May 2008 in Møgeltønder Church - in which the christening of Prince Felix had taken place - near Schackenborg Manor.[2] The wedding date marked the 73rd anniversary of the wedding of Joachim's grandparents, King Frederick IX and Ingrid of Sweden. Wikipedia

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 03:53:02 pm »

The thing is, that I have to wonder exactly what motivated Alexandra to marry Joachim. We know that Joachim was out in clubs, but Alexandra, to marry so soon and then someone who was connected with the Court, the photographer, I wonder where that came from. Joachim seems happy with Marie and glowing. At the wedding, the photos, Alexandra seemed almost inappropriately happy and inappropriately manic. Joachim was blamed for the divorce (as all born royals constantly are), but he is now married with a new child and supposedly very happy and faithful.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:24:03 pm »

KF there are rumours that Joachim was already with Marie before the divorce.

But I agree about Alexandra, imo she only married him because he was a prince. However, I still think he was the reason for the divorce, Alexandra got a lot of things from the DRF so that makes me think that she had leverage and used it.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 06:57:38 pm »

..but I found it odd that Alexandra suddenly was dating and marrying a photographer that had been at or around the Palace for Royal portraits. That was no coincidence that she ended up marrying this photographer, even if Joachim had been clubbing, it's still odd she married a court photographer.
It makes Alexandra who I have greatly respected during her marriage because of her education and business background almost seem like a "flake."

I heard Joachim had been clubbing and partying.
I don't know the details of how Marie and Joachim met, heard various things.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:59:29 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 06:59:07 pm »

I thought they met through common friends. what have you heard?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 07:01:31 pm »

I had not heard much about how Joachim met Marie, at a party or something, but I get her meeting the Prince confused with Maxima's.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 07:07:12 pm »

Most of how the prince met future wife are kind of mysterious.

beline
courtier

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 07:09:20 pm »

Prince Joachim first met Marie at a hunting trip in 2002. Alexandra first met Martin Jorgensen in 1999, and met again in 2003 while he was filming a documentary for her 40th birthday.

And about their divorce, I was surprised at well! Both had kept up the appearances very well during the festivities of Frederik and Mary's wedding in 2004. Then the separation was announced just months later.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 08:09:43 pm »

I think Marie is from an upper class background, since her family apparently has a palace/estate in France.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 02:15:17 am »

Yes she's upperclass. I think Marie has handled herself quite well(considering she came in as the second wife and Alexandra was so beloved by the Country.)
Marie is actually a wonderful choice for a Prince, she's bilingual, she's traveled, she's worked and lived in different Countries, so she's international. She has some things in common with Alexandra. I think Prince Joachim has wonderful taste, both wives(Alexandra and Marie)are lovely, educated ladies.

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 04:16:19 am »

I think that helps a lot more and it helps that she is used to the lifestyle and comes from a sort of equal background. I used to think that all you had ot do was be a professional, but now I realize that it's a lifestyle that you have to learn to handle, mainly being more laid back and less tempermental.

berlin
Countess

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 12:03:46 am »

I've always heard that Alex was extremely critical of Joachim and would put him down, even in front of friends.  Now I'm hearing she does the same thing to Martin! 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 02:28:56 am »

Marie has handled herself quite well(considering she came in as the second wife and Alexandra was so beloved by the Country.)

I think Alexandra has pretty much been forgotten and the country seems diffident about her. She's there, not unwelcome, but not really at all vitally wanted.

HC
Countess

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 07:48:54 pm »

Countess was unfairly accused of stealing an ashtray in 1995 in the magazine Euroman. It turns out it was a lie.

http://www.bt.dk/kendte/falsk-anklage-mod-grevinde-alexandra
HC
Countess

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 05:40:46 pm »

I think Marie is from an upper class background, since her family apparently has a palace/estate in France.

Maries mother owns a hotel named chateu de la vernede.

http://www.chateaudelavernede-provence.com/UK/Welcome.htm
HC
Countess

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 06:00:22 pm »

I had not heard much about how Joachim met Marie, at a party or something, but I get her meeting the Prince confused with Maxima's.

Marie and Joachim met at a hunting dinner - 2 months after the birth of Joachims second son Felix. One can only assume what happened.
HC
Countess

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »

Countess Alexandra at high society jet set birthday. Christian Stadil owner of Hummel turns 40. Countess Alexandras husbond Martin Jørgensen is a very close friend to Stadil.

Among the guest Andrea Elisabeth Rudolph (is owner of the cosmetic brand Rudolph Care) and Pernille Aalund (CEO at Aller Press A/S) and Sarah Zobel (daughter of Zobel close friend to Princeconsort Henrik).

photo gallery, click at the photo and then photos moves.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kendte/Nyheder/2011/11/Se%20gaesterne%20Rigmanden%20blev%20fejret%20af%20jetsettet.aspx

HC
Countess

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 06:41:07 pm »

Countess Alexandra names Randers as Unicef city of the year.

Video of children reading and Countess
Alexandra making af speech about the good cause.

http://www.tv2oj.dk/arkiv/2011/01/20?video_id=16711&autoplay=1
HC
Countess

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 03:55:52 pm »

Found this

http://politiken.dk/indland/fakta_indland/ECE509130/marie-cavallier—danmarks-nye-prinsesse/

According to the newspaper "Politiken" Marie and Joachim met at a hunting in 2002. Then they "accidently" met abroad. And then Joachim contacted Marie after the divorce was officiel.

Really.
Off course they fell in love before the announcement of the separation in 2004 and divorce in 2005.
One does not have to be a math professor to figure out that Joachim and Marie fell in love already in 2002. At the time where Joachims second son Felix was born.

What a trashy thing to do - doing a married man with a newborn son.

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 06:18:28 pm »

^First of all-we don't know that they were "doing" each other before the divorice.  That is speculation. 

Second of all-if they were, it takes two to tango.  Joachim would have made the choice to cheat on his wife after the birth of his son. 

Is it possible that they fell in love before the divorce was final?  Yes it is.  But is it also possible that they didn't act on their feelings while Joachim was still married to Alexandra.  That's possibe too

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: