Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 11:38:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla Relationship  (Read 109449 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2012, 09:13:17 pm »

Camilla undermined the marriage whether or not Charles slept with her or not. She was there giving "her side" to the press, taking over Diana's hostessing duties at Highgrove in Diana's absence and writing little love notes to Charles calling Diana "that ridiculous creature." Charles was weak enough to listen to Camilla.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2012, 12:29:33 am »

^ But given that it was Chuck's home isn't HE to blame?  sly I mean the woman was just doing what HE allowed her to ( if that story is true) ...you still  haven't responded though how did Prince Charles's first marriage had any chance if he was sleeping with other women?  sly
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2012, 08:21:42 am »

Camilla had no business toying with another woman's husband.  End of.

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2012, 09:50:32 am »

^ Who said otherwise but going by some comments in here it would seem she has all the blame for the mess that was Prince Charles and Diana's marriage which is funny because Diana she had 50% of it...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2012, 01:07:50 pm »

^ But given that it was Chuck's home isn't HE to blame?  sly I mean the woman was just doing what HE allowed her to ( if that story is true) ...you still  haven't responded though how did Prince Charles's first marriage had any chance if he was sleeping with other women?  sly

She could have said no to Charles and told him to get Fawcett to play host for him and he could be Charles' butler greeting guests. Let her play hostess in her own home. The Great Man "allowing her to do it" does not mean that she had to.

Charles should have said goodbye to Camilla and I mean goodbye after he got engaged to Diana. And Camilla has the power of speech and could have uttered the word No to the Great Man.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2012, 06:32:44 pm »

^ HIS home , HIS marriage  Cool.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2012, 06:40:58 pm »

So, Camilla is without any standards, and she is to be excused/applauded for that?  How strange  Lips Sealed 

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

sandy
Princess

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2012, 07:29:44 pm »

^ HIS home , HIS marriage  Cool.

It is still wrong. She didn't have to say she'd do it. He doesn't own her or control her thought processes like some mastermind. She is responsible for her own actions. I think it is THEIR marriage since there it more than one person in a marriage--Diana and Charles were in the marriage not Charles by himself. Diana also legally shared the properties with Charles since she was his LEGAL wife. Camilla was the Mistress not the Wife, she had no business there.

But I guess Charles is such a Great Man above everybody else and all morals that she MUST obey every command.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2012, 07:58:33 pm »

^ He bought the home BEFORE he married Diana it was and still is HIS home not Diana's not Camilla's HIS anyway...not saying Camilla doesn't have her faults give me a thread about how she slept with a married man and I will be the first one to throw stones but the topic isn't about that BESIDES she didn't "own" Diana anything it was Diana's HUSBAND'S job to be faithful to her...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2012, 08:03:31 pm »

When a royal marries a woman, she gets his titles and properties. Charles bought the house but once he slipped the ring on Diana's finger and they married, SHE also owned the properties. Diana was not chattel she was his Wife.

Before Diana married Charles HE was the owner, after the marriage she got his titles and properties. She was not chattel but his wife.

OTOH Camilla was usurping Diana's place in the home. No mistress in history ever did such a thing even the mistresses of Edward VII. Alice Keppel only came to Alexandra and Edward's home at the invitation of ALexandra so Alice could visit the death bed. So the wife DOES has some say and is not some mindless property of the husband.

So by your logic Jane Camilla had no blame because it was Charles' responsibility to be faithful! There are such things as alienation of affection suits which go against the other woman in the marriage. Camilla wasn't a slavey she was and is a woman who has a mind of her own and like everybody on the planet can choose between right and wrong. She could have said NO to Charles but didn't. She shares the blame in this. Nobody forced her or brought her in chains to Highgrove. The lady was willing.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:08:04 pm by sandy » Logged
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2012, 11:02:48 pm »

So a woman who befriended you prior to your marriage, has no moral obligation to treat you and your home with respect, just because your selfish wanka of a husband wanted her in your home ?

The world is going to hell in a handbasket ... Moral Compass anyone ??

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »

I still think that the main fault is Charles after all he was the husband! But as Tatiana says Camilla befriended Diana so she was not a stranger and that means she also betrayed the relationship she had with Diana and to make friends with someone just to betray her you must be very cold.

The only thing I get from this is that Charles' life has been a mess from start to now, let's see what awaits him.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2012, 09:28:56 pm »

We are watching .. Karma takes it time ..

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2012, 08:29:11 pm »

For, although Mrs Parker Bowles had once been friendly with the Queen Mother when she was married to Andrew Parker Bowles, the two women had not seen each other or spoken for more than a decade: when Prince Charles and Mrs Parker Bowles, while both married, rekindled their intimate relationship that had first begun 30 years ago.
According to Palace officials, the Queen Mother's resolute attachment to the traditional notion of marital fidelity and public duty prevented her from giving her approval to the affair between Prince Charles and Mrs Parker Bowles, and she would not have felt comfortable in their company.

Senior aides to Prince Charles believe that the Queen Mother was in no doubt about the importance of Mrs Parker Bowles to her grandson and they are convinced the Prince talked about her often to his grandmother.
"I think, too, that the Queen Mother would have been happy that he had found someone to love him; someone who, once the Queen Mother had gone, would give him the love and support that he needs," said one senior aide.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1390786/Charles-and-Camilla-their-next-steps.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012, 01:56:06 am »

What the Queen Mother would have done went with her to her grave. It's all speculation. I think she wanted to maintain the "facade" of being respectable and therefore would not have wanted a C and C wedding in her lifetime I think she felt ths sun rose and set on Charles and her spoiling of him I think was not the best thing in the world for him. I think it was hypocritical of her to be "shocked" over the affair while lending safe houses for married Charles to sleep with married Camilla. She was afraid of Charles losing his place in line of succession by his involvement with a divorcee much like Edward VIII' abdicating because he wanted to marry a divorced woman. I think it would not have "done" for her to openly advocate the wedding of C and C in her lifetime after decade of being angry over her brother in law marrying a divorced woman. I think she wanted to maintain a facade even though she helped her grandson see his mistress.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2012, 06:48:15 am »

The Queen Mother should have sicced her wolves on Camilla instead of Diana; if she had, Diana might still be married and still be alive. One thing about married wives, is that they should always have the first say over their husbands and what they do in regards to relationships. As for divorce, I think the Queen Mother would have had a heart attack at hte idea of Camilla marrying Charles; she would have been in a state of rage if Charles had suggested marriage and the Queen Mother knew that making Camilla loved would have sidetracked Charles from raising his sons (as has happened) and I think that if you are a mistress, you have no business trying to become the wife.

the Queen Mother's resolute attachment to the traditional notion of marital fidelity and public duty prevented her from giving her approval to the affair between Prince Charles and Mrs Parker Bowles, and she would not have felt comfortable in their company.

If you don't mind my saying, the QM was more than right and she had the standards that kept the monarchy going and kept the Windsors at the top. She was right about it and she was supposedly rabidly opposed to any idea of divorce between the two and was determined not to have Camilla accepted as a wife of Charles in any capacity, even morganatic. I think mistresses provide too easy of an out and if Diana wanted another kid and Camilla nixed it, I swear that alone is enough to tick me off.

Usually children were a frequent source of comfort for royal wives and I wonder if a daughter might have ended up making things a lot more easy on Diana because she would have had another kid to direct her energy to. But for Charles to let Camilla decide these things is quite ridiculous and stupid. No mistress should have any say at all about the number of kids that the wife has, she had no right to nix anything.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Claire

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2012, 09:49:16 pm »

I am new to the conversation and find all the different views fascinating reading.  thankyou

I like Camilla. She has never once spoken an ill-word about Diana - or about anything. Her discretion is her finest feature imo as well as her loyalty. She understands the difference between her public role and her private life - and that her royal role is by virtue of Charles. Diana had not that discretion, nor loyalty to the man who gave her her status, wealth and supreme privileges. Had she had either, she would likely be alive today, married to Charles and one day would be Queen. When I look at it all, I see a Diana who undid herself.

The same for Charles - he has never once spoken ill of Diana, not once. He had a wife whose name was constantly in the press linked with other men, starting in 1987. He had a wife whom he knew had taken a lover since 1985 and by her own admission to the general public was 'in love' with. He had a wife who stalked a married man (Hoare) and was herself a home-wrecker - in public. Charles never mentioned Camilla once - he admitted to adultery but never once spoke anyone's name in that connection, never once compromised anyone's privacy.

Together, Charles and Camilla present as a gracious and engaging couple imo. Charles is always conscious of where Camilla is. Camila knows her place is by his side or slightly back, not ahead of him. They are a pleasure to watch. JMO.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »

welcome my dear  hello

And brace yourself for some euh.. fierce discussions nervous 
We have a few posters who can't stand the mere sight of the woman!
Personally I'm in the middle I guess
I've sorta forgiven her her part in "the mess of Wales" I mean I've forgiven all of them for that mess really. (they aren't my royals and it's, in a way, their private stuff so who am I to judge)
I'm not one to hold a grudge and frankly I'm to young to remember all of the details and think it's time to move on.
It doesn't mean I believe all of the PR spin that happened after '02 or that I will forget about the past though, you know the saying: fool me once...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2012, 01:57:16 am »

I am new to the conversation and find all the different views fascinating reading.  thankyou

I like Camilla. She has never once spoken an ill-word about Diana - or about anything. Her discretion is her finest feature imo as well as her loyalty. She understands the difference between her public role and her private life - and that her royal role is by virtue of Charles. Diana had not that discretion, nor loyalty to the man who gave her her status, wealth and supreme privileges. Had she had either, she would likely be alive today, married to Charles and one day would be Queen. When I look at it all, I see a Diana who undid herself.

The same for Charles - he has never once spoken ill of Diana, not once. He had a wife whose name was constantly in the press linked with other men, starting in 1987. He had a wife whom he knew had taken a lover since 1985 and by her own admission to the general public was 'in love' with. He had a wife who stalked a married man (Hoare) and was herself a home-wrecker - in public. Charles never mentioned Camilla once - he admitted to adultery but never once spoke anyone's name in that connection, never once compromised anyone's privacy.

Together, Charles and Camilla present as a gracious and engaging couple imo. Charles is always conscious of where Camilla is. Camila knows her place is by his side or slightly back, not ahead of him. They are a pleasure to watch. JMO.

Camilla leaked stories to the Sun for a few years--according to the Sun Editor himself. She was hardly the discreet woman you paint her as. She was married to APB and had an affair with Prince Charles even before Diana came on the scene.  Charles friends went to the media and leaked stories about Diana. He just let his friends to the dirty work before he himself did it in 1994 to his biographer.

Diana was spoken ill of by CHarles in 1994. Do you remember the 1994 biography by Dimbleby. He spoke to the PRince. The PRince humiliated Diana by telling his biographer he was "forced" to marry her. A real gentleman.

And excuse me? Diana should have been loyal to the Prince?. Where was His loyalty to her? He brought along little gifts from his mistress and wore them on his honeymoon. And riches and privileges do not mean the man should be emotionally abusive to his own wife which Charles was. Free Passville for the Prince I see.

There is no proof that Diana "took a lover" in 1985. And Diana was not "linked with a lover" since 1987. You seem to just believe this to defend C and C.

There are two sides to every story and if you want to believe all of C and C spin it's your choice. Why not read up and try to see the other side of the story.

APB divorced his wife after Charles interview n 1994. Charles said he was unfaithful to Diana and the next day a courtier who worked for Charles Named the "other woman" as Camilla. Charles also praised his married mistress to the skies via his biographer. Charles named Camilla and APB could not continue the marriage under those circumstances and C and APB were divorced in early 1995.

Hoare never confirmed or denied an affair. Wharfe said Hoare pursued Diana and was besotted with her for a time and DIana did not "chase him"--he chased her.. Hoare also had a mistress and a wife. Diana went to her grave before confirming or denying anything. So how can you throw stones at Diana when you have no clear proof of your accusatiions. Diana also denied to Settelen she was not intimate with Mannakee and I believe her.

I don't see these two as a "pleasure to watch." I see Charles as a weak morally bankrupt Prince and she someone who behaved dishonorably and got what she wanted by immoral behavior.  If he had not been who he is I doubt she would have given him the right time. It seems that some buy into the spin even to disparaging a dead woman who happens to still be the mother of a future King something thankfully Camilla never will be.

Charles admitted he married Diana knowng he preferred someone else (via his biographer). Diana was only 20 when they got married.  I think it was shameful of him and Camilla was there pushng Diana to be his bride so she could still be "in control" and interfere in the marriage.

And Camilla "loyal.?" Please. The woman cheated on her first husband and did not show any loyalty to him. But she had ambitions and she manipulated and maneuvered herself to where she is today. I find her gross.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:03:20 am by sandy » Logged
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »

^ worship worship worship worship worship worship

I try to stay out of these threads for a reason but you nailed it once again  thumbsup
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: