Royal Gossip
October 23, 2017, 11:35:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla Relationship  (Read 81831 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #440 on: April 01, 2017, 12:06:22 am »

Charles seems to be listening to a PR guru about being the "lovable" codger, all he needed was a puppy in the photo too. He looks uncomfortable and he puts on a goofy face. this is so obvious.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #441 on: May 04, 2017, 01:03:11 am »

They have literally spent millions on the PR for this awful couple .. and now his sons have dashed all that to pieces...  tehe

sandy
Princess

« Reply #442 on: May 04, 2017, 02:38:13 pm »

Charles probably thought that his Pal Sally Smith's hatchet job on Diana would derail plans for the 20th anniversary. It sure didn't.
Val
Princess

« Reply #443 on: October 20, 2017, 10:04:09 pm »

A man called Simon is claiming in the National Enquirer that he is the son of PC and Camilla with evidence to back it up and he is going to confront them on their visit.  He is saying that he can legally demand DNA for a test too and he is the rightful heir.  Some say the NI unreliable but they have a history of getting much right.  Ma will be apoplectic if she thinks her stalking has been in vain.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #444 on: October 20, 2017, 10:11:43 pm »

I've heard about this before. It's not just the National Enquirer that runs this story either.

Willy said he wants a normal life etc ,  be careful what you wish for !!!
dianab
Countess

« Reply #445 on: October 20, 2017, 10:15:40 pm »

i thought the story was they had had a daughter?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #446 on: October 20, 2017, 11:04:44 pm »

There was an earlier story in one of the tabs that there was a daughter who was conceived ca. 1980 and Camilla hid the pregnancy. She gave the baby girl to her friends to raise but she and CHarles know all about her. Or so it says
Val
Princess

« Reply #447 on: October 21, 2017, 08:42:40 am »

^^^

What transpires on their Australian visit if anything will be interesting.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #448 on: October 21, 2017, 01:05:53 pm »

Whether the story is true or not, this Simon cannot  be the rightful heir as PC was unmarried until 1981.

So that makes his claim invalid.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #449 on: October 21, 2017, 01:14:18 pm »

^ True, illegitimate children have no claims. But doesn't a later marriage legitimize kids? I know that in some instances children were treated as illegitimate even though the parents later married (I think some aristocratic family way back in the past? don't remember anymore about whom this was tbh). But I remember that some of Monaco's offspring was made legitimate by the church after marriage, even though the kids were born before; and Annabel Goldsmith had children with James Goldsmith out of wedlock and specifically stated that they only married to legitimize the children just before the first one was supposed to go to school.

Technically, imo, if C&C had a kid out of wedlock (before or even after marrying Diana), that child could basically contest their illegitimacy on the grounds that their parents are now married (going by the Goldsmith example here, as that's relevant to Britain). Maybe though there's a law in place for the Winds that makes it impossible? dontknow
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #450 on: October 21, 2017, 01:55:17 pm »

I didn’t know that. I just assumed if the parents were not married at the time of the child’s birth, then they were illegitimate.

So what happens in today’s aristocracy? And what about Princess Alexandr’s daughter Marina Ogilvie who had a child out of wedlock?

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #451 on: October 21, 2017, 02:23:46 pm »

I have no idea. The Monaco case(s?) is for itself, as they are catholic and that went by the Vatican.

In Britain, I don't know. The Goldsmiths did legitimize their kids that way after they were born.
Emma McQuiston/ Weymouth had with her husband their second child via surrogate, even though as far as I know their children have to be "of the body born", but I think they said their second son is a heir to the title too.

I have no clue, really, how they were to handle it. But both surrogacy and legitimizing later on would imo both legally be possible when contested in court, so a C&C child or someone born via surrogacy could imo lay claim and legally win.
Val
Princess

« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2017, 02:36:18 pm »

In one of the articles about Simon it said if he was their child he would be made legitimate by their later marriage.  Who knows but if true will be very interesting.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #453 on: October 21, 2017, 03:45:00 pm »

In the normal course of events only males can succeed to peerages in England and Wales at the moment. As the law in England now stands, an offspring is deemed to be legitimate if it's parents married at the time of its birth or if they marry later.

However, only legitimate children may succeed to an English, Welsh or British title (not Scottish, they have different laws) and (this is the kicker) that said peerage or peerages can only be inherited by a child BORN legitimate, NOT legitimated by a later marriage.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #454 on: October 21, 2017, 04:34:06 pm »

^ I see, rather, I don't know.. complicated? A bit dumb, really.  thumbsdown  easter-no NOwhy judge noway

Imo quite a few laws really need to be reviewed asap. For one this about legitimizing children, for another that females can inherit.  Angry
Val
Princess

« Reply #455 on: October 21, 2017, 06:56:12 pm »

This claimant seems to think he has evidence and means of inheriting so we can only wait and see but it will be very interesting watching what unfolds.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2017, 11:15:55 pm »

I didn’t know that. I just assumed if the parents were not married at the time of the child’s birth, then they were illegitimate.

So what happens in today’s aristocracy? And what about Princess Alexandr’s daughter Marina Ogilvie who had a child out of wedlock?

Marina married the father of her child. So the child became legitimate
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #457 on: October 22, 2017, 12:59:33 am »

Thank for letting me know. I Didn't know this.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #458 on: October 22, 2017, 05:47:19 am »

Marina married Paul on 2nd February and the child - Zenouska - was born on the 26th May so she wasn't born 'out of wedlock'. They divorced in 1997 but both children that Marina's has were born in a legitimate marriage.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #459 on: October 22, 2017, 11:12:02 pm »

She was pregnant at the time of the marriage. And there was question that she'd actually marry the father. I don't recall if was parental pressure.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: