Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 01:28:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla Relationship  (Read 109532 times)
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #400 on: July 05, 2016, 05:23:40 am »

I like Camilla. 
india
Princess

« Reply #401 on: July 05, 2016, 12:20:48 pm »

With all her faults in the devolution of the Diana/Charles marriage, Camilla has been very good for Charles and the monarchy. She does her job representing the RF happily with enthusiasm. She is intelligent and gets on with all dignitaries. She and Charles seem to be very happy and relaxed with each other. They are great friends. She's a good person. On the other hand, the low life Middletons are a nightmare. How they have tried to manipulate the press against Camilla and Charles is a Huge mistake. It is amazing that they think they can win this game. They are small time players in a very big game in which they will lose.
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #402 on: July 05, 2016, 12:41:11 pm »

thumbsup
sandy
Princess

« Reply #403 on: July 05, 2016, 03:27:19 pm »

With all her faults in the devolution of the Diana/Charles marriage, Camilla has been very good for Charles and the monarchy. She does her job representing the RF happily with enthusiasm. She is intelligent and gets on with all dignitaries. She and Charles seem to be very happy and relaxed with each other. They are great friends. She's a good person. On the other hand, the low life Middletons are a nightmare. How they have tried to manipulate the press against Camilla and Charles is a Huge mistake. It is amazing that they think they can win this game. They are small time players in a very big game in which they will lose.

I don't like the Middletons and Camilla as well. Camilla is doing what she is supposed to be doing and received training for by a PR person. She spends time in a separate residence from Charles and how happy they are is subject to speculation. I don't see the woman as a good person considering how she got there. It is not as if Charles rekindled a relationship with  her after his marriage broke up but she meddled and manipulated and undermined the first wife. I doubt they will ever divorce because Charles can't afford one. A good person would have backed off once Charles got engaged and stayed out of contact with him. I think Camilla was always out for Number One. I don't like her. Their "great love" so called caused a lot of destruction and misery.  I see Camilla not as intelligent but shrewd and not in a good way. Camilla and Charles' bad press IMO comes from their own past actions not the Middletons. The thing is Camilla always had the upper hand and is no way a "victim." Camilla always knew what she was doing and she herself was and is a great manipulator of the press. She went to the Sun Editor to give "her side" while Charles was married to Diana.   The woman can grin and look caring but I see her as the same one who deliberately set out to undermine another woman and she ultimately hit the jackpot and ironically, she paved the way for someone like Kate to marry into the family. The bar has been lowered forevermore.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:32:40 pm by sandy » Logged
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #404 on: September 25, 2016, 04:08:19 am »

Regarding their relationship, they have not lived together for some years now.  Charles is happiest with Michael Fawcett, who Charles stated he cannot do without in his life.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #405 on: September 26, 2016, 07:58:01 am »

^ I would not be surprised if that were true. Didn't Camilla move to Ray Mill so she could spend more time with her grandchildren?
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #406 on: September 26, 2016, 11:45:49 am »

Camilla had Raymill before she and Charles married. It isn't far from Highgrove and yes she does stay there sometimes to be with her children and grandchildren although most of the time she is wherever Charles is (from my contacts anyway).

I know many people would like to think that these two live totally separate lives but the word I have is that is far from the truth although they do have time apart - particularly so Camilla can be a grandmother to her youngsters. Charles also spends time at Raymill and enjoys time with Camilla's grandchildren. They see way more of those children than they do of George and Charlotte of course.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #407 on: September 26, 2016, 09:15:41 pm »

UK taxpayers pay £5 million a year for protection on her home.  sauer

Ray Mill House is in another County, nearly 20 miles away from Highgrove.

Sorry to double post, time ran out.

One of her friends observed tartly: ‘Camilla seems to spend less time in Highgrove these days than she did when Charles was still married to Diana.’  

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:17:14 am by YooperModerator » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2016, 12:18:07 am »

^Merged double post.  Note to Mod site. YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #409 on: October 19, 2016, 02:58:03 am »

You know, one thing I find odd is how Camilla's kids didn't find grand matches in the aristocracy. With Camilla's ambitions, I wager that she would have preferred her daughter Laura marry a titled man, not a polo player. I wonder if she's planning a grand match for her idiot son. With Charles as Heir, it would be surprising that Camilla didn't cleverly orchestrate some kind of match with a prince from a dethroned house and figure out how to get Tom introduced to someone titled and connected.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #410 on: October 19, 2016, 04:15:23 am »

Tom has been married since 2005 (same year as C&C marriage) and has two kids. He and his wife dated for five years before getting married. I don't know what Camilla expected for her kids. I know she wanted to be a mistress because that "job" ran in her family, but I don't think Laura was interested in hooking up with William or Harry (they're a bit younger than she is, especially pre-2005, as the younger you are the more age difference matters, and she probably didn't want to be a mistress anyway after all the drama from her mother), and Charles doesn't have a daughter. Laura married in 2006, so must have already been in a relationship at the time of C&C wedding... no time for Camilla to use her royal status to look for a titled husband for Laura.
india
Princess

« Reply #411 on: October 19, 2016, 06:13:13 am »

There was no need for them to marry up. Tom and Laura are happy with their lives. They are well connected and have money.
Val
Princess

« Reply #412 on: October 19, 2016, 07:27:39 am »

^

Not like the desperate conniving viper.  Camilla is from a completely different background from her and had no need to hustle her children.  Charles and Camilla have a very happy, loving relationship and just want to be together.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #413 on: October 19, 2016, 08:09:18 am »

Camilla had already married up. No way Tom would have the jobs he has without Charles being his stepfather.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
india
Princess

« Reply #414 on: October 19, 2016, 12:44:04 pm »

That is all fine and good. But even without Charles, Tom and Laura are very well connected socially. This will  help them all of their lives.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #415 on: October 19, 2016, 02:30:57 pm »

^

Not like the desperate conniving viper.  Camilla is from a completely different background from her and had no need to hustle her children.  Charles and Camilla have a very happy, loving relationship and just want to be together.

Unfortunately, IMO, their "happy, loving relationship" was also  during the time both were married to others. Camilla also interfered in Charles relationship with Diana even from the time of the courtship when she tried to "mentor" Diana. I think each of them are out for themselves.  Tom Parker Bowles name drops
Sir and Mum to promote his books. I don't think he would get that much attention without this connection--just being the son of CPB and APB (whom he doesn't even mention most of the time) would not get him the attention, but being Sir's stepson surely does.. I think C and C  deserve each other. If they wanted to be together, I think they would have married early on. Charles did not even bother to tell her to wait for him when he went to sea. I honestly think he felt she was not good enough to marry and have his heirs. I think she was the last woman standing and the "happy" couple may not actually spend that much together, Camilla maintaining that separate residence. It's not Camilla's background that's the problem, it is IMO how she got where she is today, which I think rather sordid.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:33:01 pm by sandy » Logged
india
Princess

« Reply #416 on: October 19, 2016, 05:55:27 pm »

Yes, it is sordid but it is what it is.
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #417 on: December 16, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »

Wait? What?! Charles and Camilla don't love each other and they don't live together? This is news to me. How? Why? Since when? But they look 'lovey-dovey' with each other when they do engagements together (although over the last few months I've seen the od article here and there about a possible divorce and Camilla demanding money). Is their romance all an act then?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2016, 12:38:09 am »

Whatever the nature of their relationship, there can be no divorce because Charles could not afford another one (he might lose access to the throne if he is divorced man 2x) and he wove the Great Love Story and he'd look ridiculous if the marriage broke up.
Val
Princess

« Reply #419 on: December 17, 2016, 08:45:14 am »

^^

According to those close C and C have a very happy relationship which works really well for them for example giving Camilla time with her grandchildren at Raymill.  There are many obvious affectionate guestures and looks between them in public which confirms this too.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: