Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 09:55:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla Relationship  (Read 109447 times)
Nymph
Countess

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 01:15:29 pm »

Charles and Camilla made their lives what they are and they did it willingly and as adults, if they are un-happy who cares they did it to themselves.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 01:29:51 pm »

^^I don't know that, Tatiana, that Camilla is a b(#T( as you put it.  Every time I see her in photographs it's kind of a nice break and I see her as more approachable than WK anyway!  I understand that a lot of people don't like her, but I find that marriages are complicated issues and, frankly, we don't know everything even to this day, although it was a very bad and horrid situation; I get that, but it's still too personal to know it all.  Only those three know the Truth.

In some ways, just for me, the hostility towards her seems a bit overdone.  She's going to be QC as Mousie said, so it's probably best, for me anyway, to get used to it.  She may surprise people and be very kind.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 03:55:05 pm »

I understand that marriages are complicted things, but by sabotaging the marriage of C and D, we (the section of the nation who adored Diana)were deprived of a beautiful and legendary Queen.  I feel that Camilla stole something very precious from us and our heritage, and then she has the gall to position herself at the very front.  Sorry, I can't forget that when I try to forgive her  snob

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

sandy
Princess

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 05:37:47 pm »

I cringe when I see pics of Camilla. She also makes those weird faces. If she had had any heart at all she would have refused to see or contact Charles once he got engaged to Diana and let them work on the marriage. Camilla was "easy" and made it obvious that she would be "there" for CHarles and had her own agenda, putting down Diana in the process to CHarles and his circle. I see nothing likeable about her and it is very very wrong to have that woman as a future QUeen, it's a disgrace.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 10:27:47 pm »

Prince Charles didn't love Diana they divorced (for reasons that go beyond Camilla) she would have never been Queen of anything  sly so no Camilla didn't "steal" anything Prince Charles and Diana DIVORCED why do people ignore that?  huh huh huh huh So they can continue to bash The Duchess? Diana had moved on first with the Doctor guy then Doti or was Doti used to make The Doctor jealous and that is why she was so public with him?  eating cookies I guess we will never know...anyway point is Diana in 1997 HAD MOVED ON to sleep/ be in love with other men it is absurd in 2012 her fans still beat the dead horse that was the mess that was her marriage that ended in 1996...besides all that how can you steal a grown man? The Prince is a human being with a will/feelings of his own no one could "steal" him from Saint Diana (roll eyes) THE MAN DIVORCED HER BECAUSE BOTH OF THEM WERE SLEEPING WITH OTHER PEOPLE!!!
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 10:59:48 pm »

Diana was expected to share her husband with Camilla - that was when the rot set in.  Camilla didn't mind sharing, she was used to putting herself about, but Diana didn't want to be part of a threesome or have sloppy seconds.  I wish Camilla fans would stop trying to gloss over this, they are so blinkered when it comes to their sleazy idol.

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 11:39:55 pm »

^ She is not my "idol" I am just a person who doesn't *despise* her and can see what Diana did wrong  do I love any of the two women? No I don't love neither of them. Do I "*despise*" any of the two? Of course not actually I like them both I think both are good people with their own qualities ...anyway I thought this thread was about Prince Charles and his 2cond wife I don't even know how we ended up talking about Di...she has her own section in here...
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 12:34:31 am »

Yes, we should get back on topic  BFF2

sandy
Princess

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 01:32:21 am »

Prince Charles didn't love Diana they divorced (for reasons that go beyond Camilla) she would have never been Queen of anything  sly so no Camilla didn't "steal" anything Prince Charles and Diana DIVORCED why do people ignore that?  huh huh huh huh So they can continue to bash The Duchess? Diana had moved on first with the Doctor guy then Doti or was Doti used to make The Doctor jealous and that is why she was so public with him?  eating cookies I guess we will never know...anyway point is Diana in 1997 HAD MOVED ON to sleep/ be in love with other men it is absurd in 2012 her fans still beat the dead horse that was the mess that was her marriage that ended in 1996...besides all that how can you steal a grown man? The Prince is a human being with a will/feelings of his own no one could "steal" him from Saint Diana (roll eyes) THE MAN DIVORCED HER BECAUSE BOTH OF THEM WERE SLEEPING WITH OTHER PEOPLE!!!

CHarles himself told his biographer that at the time of his marriage to DIana he loved Camilla. He further indicated that he felt "forced" to marry Diana. He didn't "fall out of love" with DIana, IMO she served his purpose for him provding the heir and spare and after she delivered them, he felt he could return to the good times with Camila (though I don't believe he was every out of his life completely even after he married Diana. I think Charles felt that Diana would go into the marriage on his terms, and look the other way when he ran to Camilla.

Jane you have no way of mind reading what Diana thought when she was wiith Dodi. She was said to have dropped Hasnet Khan when she knew he was not going to marry her. She moved on and dated Dodi. What you are saying is speculation of others about DIana without having any proof of what Diana thought--in any case the secret of her feelings for Dodi went wth her to her grave. She left no letters or anything that had any conclusve proof about her motives for dating Dodii or her feelings.

I think the essential reasonn for the divorce was that Diana would not put up with Charles' idea of marriage having another woman in the marriage. I think it angered him more that she complained about his idea of marriage than that she took Hewitt as a lover after he returned to Camilla. Hewitt wrote that he felt Charles was relieved that Diana sought comfort elsewhere so he could spend more time with Camilla. I think had Diana not complained Charles would have continued wth the "open arrangement" and maintained a facade of a marriage much like APB and CPB had.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 04:42:24 am »

It's Charles' addiction to self pity that enabled Camilla to maintain control over him and his life; if he had been healthier mentally I believe that he would have either ended it or perhaps never allowed her to interfere in a lot of his choices regarding marriage. Diana wasn't able to cope taking care of a lot of Charles' already established emotional issues, I know that much.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2012, 04:52:16 am »

They're divorced, she's dead, it's over.  What do people want?  A marriage of two miserable people that continued making themselves and the children miserable.

For me, I don't know PC/Cams personal life nor would I assume to, all I see are two rather comfortable people with each other and life is really short and if you can grab a little happiness, it matters and takes great courage to do that, especially in this case.  People have grown up a bit in the last 20+ years and maybe it is a generational thing, but I was there through all the Camilla pain and loved Diana for everything she was but, in the end, it wasn't any of my business how their marriage worked or didn't.  They did what they did for the best reasons they could with probably a lot of other machinations going on.

It's always sad when a divorce happens, but Charles seems to be happier and Cams is a comfy kind of person to me, so I don't see it being a big, fat issue anymore.  In addition, the boys have stated clearly that they like her. That's enough for me.  They have a lot in common, are rather boring really, and suit each other and send a good vibe for me.  But, that's just me and there are bigger problems out there than these two. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2012, 08:43:53 am »

^ Preach!!!  loveshower At the end of the day it all goes down to the fact Prince Charles couldn't make his first marriage work because he didn't love his first wife he loved another woman that he went on to marry it's difficult to make a marriage work when you are in love with your partner let alone when you don't love them ...the man (like half of the population on this planet) divorced because he just couldn't go on anymore (he is human after all) I don't know what the big deal is divorce happens everywhere , everyday.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2012, 07:29:42 pm »

Jana the point is that Charles married Diana knowing he didn't love her and loved someone else. He told this to his biographer. He used Diana to get heirs IMO
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2012, 07:44:06 pm »

^^ So true, if he had been so in love he should have renounced his rights as his uncle did, Camilla could have divorced and they could have lived in the continent or in the US together.

If Prince Charles had not been the heir to the crown, Camilla wouldn't have looked twice at him.

Good reads:

Camilla, of course, had met Diana several times and pretended to be her friend. But Brown quotes Camilla?s former brother-in-law Richard Parker Bowles as saying that she "initially encouraged the relationship between Charles and Diana because she thought Diana was gormless. She never saw Diana as a threat . . . she thought that Diana was someone she could manipulate".
"Camilla never wanted to marry Charles. She wanted to continue to be his paramour but stay married to Andrew," he added.

But it was Camilla?s impact that was to shape the marriage, and Brown believes that, although Charles has always insisted it was 1986 before he resumed his affair with his old love, it in fact began again in 1983, the year before the birth of Prince Harry.

Lady Puttnam tells Brown that during the evening Diana was solicitous and affectionate towards Charles, but that Charles was openly dismissive towards Diana.
"He behaved as if she was an irritant," recalls Lady Puttnam. "He would have liked her to be invisible, and she knew it."
All in all, when James Hewitt arrived in her life in 1986, says Brown, "Diana needed this affair. Her sex life was non-existent. Charles was all but gone from her bed."

It need never have come to this, of course. Brown agrees with Patrick Jephson, Diana?s former private secretary, that but for Camilla?s refusal to back off, the marriage could have been saved by a workable truce which might have become a negotiated peace.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-460872/Camilla-wanted-marry-Charles.html#ixzz1pP7REeHr

Despite her marriage to Andrew in 1973, Camilla remained close friends with Prince Charles. She helped him choose Highgrove House as his home - conveniently close to her own. He trusted her and she was part of his close circle of friends.

Newspapers reported that the night before his wedding to Lady Diana Spencer, in July, 1981, Charles and a 'blonde woman' spent the night on the Royal Train. Diana rightly guessed it was Camilla, but she hoped Charles would eventually grow to love her and forget his old flame. Love doesn't work like that. When he wore a gift from Camilla1 on honeymoon, it was obvious where his heart lay.

After Prince William and Prince Harry were born2, the Wales' marriage was over (in private) but the myth of the 'fairytale marriage' was still being perpetuated to the general public. Meanwhile, Charles returned to his mistress 'when it was clear the marriage had broken down'. This could possibly have been as early as 1984, when visiting his wife and newborn son, he voiced his disappointment that the child was not a much-longed-for daughter, and bemoaned the fact that the child had 'the Spencer red hair' probably killed off any lingering doubt that Princess Diana had that her marriage was doomed.

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/A4158371

Filderman recalled how Diana was wishing her marriage to work despite knowing that Charles was having an affair with Camilla Parker Bowles.

"She loved Charles and wanted the marriage to work. But he was merely 'fond' of her. As for the vows -- 'forsaking all others...' -- Charles didn't mean it from the start."

She said: "Diana started to cry when she told me that in 1983, and I feared for her future. I think it would have been better had Camilla not been around. It got to the point where they led separate lives.

http://wonderwoman.intoday.in/story/diana-suspected-charles-affair-when-william-was-baby,-says-friend/1/90140.html

Camilla, safely married with two children, was seen as a dependable royal confidante whose experience would be invaluable to a bewildered girl. But Diana began to suspect that her presence contained the germ of something threatening to her own interests.
By the time Charles proposed to her, she said: "I'd realised there was somebody else around. I'd been staying at Bolehyde with the Parker Bowleses an awful lot and I couldn't understand why she [Camilla] kept saying to me: `Don't push him into doing this, don't do that.' She knew so much about what he was doing privately... eventually, I worked it all out."
Inexperienced and romantic as she was, Diana could see that this was a strange kind of courtship. They were hardly ever alone. And there was a startling lack of evidence that Charles and Camilla intended to give up their friendship after he had taken a wife - quite the reverse.
Diana claimed that she heard the Prince reassuring Camilla on the telephone from his bath: "Whatever happens, I will always love you." "I told him afterwards that I had listened at the door," said the Princess, "and we had a filthy row."

The Prince and Princess attended the Parker Bowles's house-warming party when they moved from Bolehyde Manor to Middlewich House, 12 miles from Highgrove, and Charles and Camilla continued to meet at fox hunts.
She was soon to become the lynchpin of the Highgrove set. But her part in an unsavoury triangle of entanglement and disillusion was still a long way from public knowledge.
In 1984, pregnant with Prince Harry, the Princess of Wales began to suspect that her husband was seeing Camilla at other times, too, but she lacked proof and confided to friends that her anxieties would be brushed aside as paranoid delusions of a volatile, attention-seeker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1483283/Charles-and-Camilla-1970s-1990s.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 09:27:38 am »

I love how this turned more a discussion about the Triangle of Bermuda  than a discussion about Prince Charles and The Duchesses 's  marriage  lmao  anyway...This Beyonce song seems like it's written about Prince Charles and Diana' s  last years...

BEYONCE KNOWLES
"Ring The Alarm"

[Hook:]
Ring the alarm
I been through this too long
But I'll be damned if I see another chick on your arm

Won't you ring the alarm?
I been through this too long
But I'll be damned if I see another chick on your arm

[Chorus:]
She gon' be rockin' chinchilla coats
If I let you go
Getting the house off the coast
If I let you go
She gon' take everything I own
If I let you go

I can't let you go
Damn, if I let you go
She gon' rock them VVS stones
If I let you go
Couped in the 'bach or the Rolls
If I let you go
She gon' profit everything I taught
If I let you go
I can't let you go
Damn, if I let you go

[Verse 1:]
Tell me how should I feel
When I know what I know,
And my female intuition
Telling me you a dog?
People told me 'bout the flames
I couldn't see through the smoke
When I need answers, accusations
What you mean you gone choke?

[Pre-Chorus 1:]
You can't stay, you gotta go.
Ain't no other chicks spending your dough
This is taking a toll, the way the story unfolds
Not the picture perfect movie everyone would've saw

[Chorus]

[Hook]

[Verse 2:]
Tell me how should I feel
When you made me belong
And the thought of you just touching her
Is what I *despise* most?
I don't want you but I want it
And I can't let it go
To know you give it to her like you gave it to me, come on

[Pre-Chorus 2:]
He's so arrogant and bold (Oh)
She gon' love that sh!t, I know
I done put in a call, time to ring the alarm
'Cause you ain't never seen a fire like the one I'ma 'cause

[Chorus]

[Bridge:]
How can you look at me
And not see all the things that I kept only just for you?
Why would you risk it baby? Is that the price that I pay?
But this is my show and I won't let you go
All has been paid for, and it's mine
How could you look at me
And not see all the things?

[Chorus]
It's like Di wrote this song  lmao
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:31:43 am by Jane23 » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2012, 04:50:11 pm »

The Bermuda Triangle stuff has gotten old IMO. THough Charles seemed to crave triangular relationships. Ask APB.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 11:46:47 pm »

Agree Sandy, "Old as dirt".. but then that makes me think of Camilla   laugh

My Grandmother always said " You cannot have your happiness at someone else's expense"

They ran over lots of other souls to get their way.. shabby but true.

Jane23
Princess

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 09:50:47 am »

^ Prince Charles and Diana DIVORCED but whatever...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 03:14:51 pm »

Camilla was involved in the C and D marriage from the get go. No way was she going to back off--if the Wales marriage was a huge success she'd have a lot to lose (perks and all that) so she saw to it that she undermined Diana. Not a nice woman IMO.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2012, 08:45:31 pm »

^ But according to YOU  he slept with other women  so how could his first marriage work Camilla or no Camilla?  sly Please explain that to me as I was a child ( I am waiting  eating cookies).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: