Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:25:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla Relationship  (Read 109529 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #380 on: June 02, 2016, 07:39:20 am »

I think the problem is the modern mindset of using people as long as they make you happy. As soon as someone gets bored or doesn't feel emotions as intensely or meets someone else who might be interested, they move onto the next relationship. Instead of polygamy, we have serial monogamy. Marriage is supposed to be about putting the other person first, helping one's spouse become the best they can be. At the wedding, the woman wears white to symbolize virtue and the man wears black to symbolize death to self (although some men wear military uniforms; I guess that can also mean sacrifice). There are going to be days when you don't feel like loving your spouse, maybe you'd rather do something for yourself or spend time with someone else, but love is a choice to put the other person first. People should work through their problems. 80% of people who choose counseling over divorce reported being happier than ever five years down the road. There are some cases where people need to separate (abuse, addiction) but most divorces these days are from low-conflict marriages. And even in abuse and addiction cases, it's important that the abuser gets anger management and the addict gets help to figure out where the addiction is coming from and a support system so they don't fall back into old habits.

Charles seemed to only want Diana for heirs because their marriage started falling apart after the 'spare' was born. I don't know what Camilla's deal was. She married Andrew Parker Bowles and had his children and then they had an adultery competition. They stayed married for 22 years. If she loved Charles, she shouldn't have married someone else. Maybe he was good in bed? ick I don't know.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2016, 08:40:36 am »

Camilla married Andrew Parker Bowles because she was in love with him. As simple as that. He and she had been going out together on and off for about six years when they wed. Apparently he was regarded as a great prize among the debutantes of Camilla's generation. Andrew was a cavalry officer from an old gentry family, not that much money and, rather unusually for those circles, a Roman Catholic, but was regarded as charming and good looking. He was a ladies man but Camilla liked a challenge and in the end she got him. She perhaps didn't count on Andrew being so adulterous as he turned out to be but considering his reputation it wasn't really surprising. She was in love with him and the couple are friends still.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #382 on: June 02, 2016, 09:08:52 am »

Charles wasn't "allowed" to marry Camilla or am I wrong?  eating cookies

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #383 on: June 02, 2016, 09:20:47 am »

Exactly. I'm unsure as to how accurate this is, but it's been a kind of heavily propagated viewpoint that the bride of Charles would have to be a virgin. I don't think it's true, since Anna Wallace and others had had previous boyfriends and Charles was permitted to propose.

Thing is, the BRF was in attendance at the wedding and Princess Anne toasted Camilla at her marriage. I do however think that since Camilla wasn't a high ranking aristocrat with huge dollops of blue blood, the RF took the lofty view that while she was one of their social set, she wouldn't be good enough to be one of their family members. So they took a patronizing approach and Charles took the same viewpoint and basically dangled her, until she got sick and tired of being messed with and basically decided to go after and marry Andrew PB and then Charles realized he had been a fool. Yet, it was too late since after all, the BRF took a paranoid view of a woman with a past marriage marrying their precious sons.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #384 on: June 02, 2016, 02:56:46 pm »

I don't think Charles family had much of a choice but to accept Camilla. The only one who did not was the Queen Mum who would not permit a C and C wedding during her lifetime. Charles was very interested in Anna Wallace and publicly dated her as a candidate for wife. So the "must be a virgin" argument does not hold water IMO. Charles did not even dangle Camilla, he went to sea and did not say they had a future together, before he left. She was avid to marry APB in any case. Charles should have severed ties with Camilla once she married someone else. He had a sense of entitlement that he could have married mistresses because he was Prince of Wales.

Camilla married Andrew Parker Bowles because she was in love with him. As simple as that. He and she had been going out together on and off for about six years when they wed. Apparently he was regarded as a great prize among the debutantes of Camilla's generation. Andrew was a cavalry officer from an old gentry family, not that much money and, rather unusually for those circles, a Roman Catholic, but was regarded as charming and good looking. He was a ladies man but Camilla liked a challenge and in the end she got him. She perhaps didn't count on Andrew being so adulterous as he turned out to be but considering his reputation it wasn't really surprising. She was in love with him and the couple are friends still.

Camilla would have had to have been very naive if she thought Andrew would have not cheated nor would she have cheated after they got married. IMO Part of the "thrill" of their relationship was that they had this competition, taking on other partners. I think though Camilla had ambitions and wanted to advance herself by being mistress to a Prince. Andrew appears to have turned a blind eye, until Charles  let the cat out of the bag in 1994 and named Camilla as his mistress, although it had been an open secret up until then. Andrew was called "civilized" for sharing his wife and having the arrangement with the Prince of Wales. Charles also kept another married woman, Kanga Tryon and her husband turned a blind eye.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:59:49 pm by sandy » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2016, 06:16:50 am »

IF back then come out that Diana wasnt virgin, Charles would have dumped her. Her uncle even let it clear to press which she was one. Philip also noted to Charles that he needed asap pick a wife, if not there will be no one suitable (virgin) for him. The fact that Camilla was one experienced girl in 1970s was hold against her, yes!
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2016, 06:43:32 am »

I'm not a fan of double standards. You can't expect to marry a virgin if you've been sleeping around because the women you're sleeping with are other men's future wives!
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2016, 06:51:09 am »

Monarchy (the Windsors particularly) are all about double standards.... if you ask me

I'm not saying that I agree but... those were the rules for them... a single man in position of Charles was expected (including accepted) sleeping with discreet married women... if he wanted to continue his behavior as a married man it was ok too... aristo woman like Diana (with 'commoner' values) was/is crazy woman as far as the Windsors are concerned ... women like Kanga and Camilla were/are easier to understand to the Windsors.... are you getting me now?

PS. The Spencers back then take as a offence the insinuation that Diana was the girl in royal train
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:54:31 am by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2016, 08:18:27 am »

Yeah, I'm totally getting you.

Thing is, Camilla chose to eat dirt from both Andrew and Charles; she had to work to get Andrew nailed down and she basically let herself be used by Charles as a plaything and be his dirty little secret. Zero self respect there.

As for Diana not being able to hold on to Charles and understand the sexual dynamics, it wasn't because she was too callow (as Tina Brown suggested), but because she was not raised to be a sexual person. She was first and foremost raised as a daughter of a high ranking aristocratic family and as such, she was taught her ancestry early on and then was encouraged to be modest and keep herself tidy and how important it was for her to remain chaste.

Camilla on the other hand, as we know now, wasn't pressured to remain chaste, was encouraged to go out and have fun with the boys, and basically was not as sheltered as Diana was. So basically she had vast experience with boys by the time she met Charles and had the ability to enthrall him. She was also more sophisticated and intellectual. So she had that as well. If Camilla had been encouraged to be more tidy, I think she might have inspired more respect.

Thing is, the boy chasing pattern was already established with her first husband and apparently that didn't slow her down. I think she got a thrill out of the challenge and ended up transferring the thrill of the chase to Charles. Which ended up rocking a monarchy and she also saw off Kanga as well. Camilla only overstepped the bounds when her affair with Charles ended up slipping into his public life and causing havoc with the effect it had on the monarchy.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2016, 12:46:46 am »

I agree except that IMO Camilla was and is far from being "intellectual." She probably learned to flatter Charles and encouraged him to be "naughty" and they obviously did not talk about the theory of Relativity as was demonstrated by the Camillagate taped phone call. She may have been "sophisticated" but  not in a good way. Theoretically, in Mountbatten's world, Charles was expected to marry his granddaughter and "teach" the inexperienced girl about how to please a man (which  Charles would learn from experienced women like Kanga and Camilla).  Camilla was no intellectual and expected to be a debutante and then marry well. I agree that Camilla did not care that she debased herself, she had ambitions for herself and manipulated her way to the top
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #390 on: June 06, 2016, 10:32:55 am »

It hardly seems worth getting excited about anymore - it is after all over and done with - Camilla got what she worked for all those years.
But while I can agree Charles is hard working and has done much good with his charities - the whole affair with Camilla - as well as his affairs with multiple other woman - are all so tawdry.  Having an affair whilst married - with a married woman - is not exactly what one looks for in a future head of the CoE.  And the idea of Camilla - given her past - becoming Queen is just - well - head shaking.

Foolish Charles - he does not understand that no matter how much he spends on pr - there are always going to be people who - on the day he is crowned will be thinking that it should have been Diana by his side - not Cam.

This loss of respect for Charles - which still persists - could cost the monarchy - rather amazing when you think of it - the selfishness of the two of them - might bring down a 1,000 + year old monarchy.  Just amazing.

All I can say is - long life and good health to the Queen!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #391 on: June 06, 2016, 08:49:31 pm »

Charles wasn't "allowed" to marry Camilla or am I wrong?  eating cookies

I have heard that myself as well. The reason for it was apparently not that Camilla wasn't a virgin but that she was kind of a loose woman who had seen quite a lot of action from the moment she made her debut in society until she married Andrew PB in 1973.
Many years ago I was in the UK for a language course at Oxford over the summer and I stayed at a host-family and they moved in the same circles as the PB-family. And there was one time when the family ran into Camilla and Andrew (this was mid 1980's) and the mood got chilly. After Camilla and Andrew left, the parents of my host-family made some not-too-nice remarks about Camilla and her past.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #392 on: June 06, 2016, 08:53:14 pm »

Charles did not even think of pursuing Camilla as a wife back then. He told his biographer he felt he was "too young" to get married. Apparently he could not even have been bothered to tell her they had a future.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #393 on: June 06, 2016, 09:35:17 pm »

I think the whole "poor Charles loved Camilla but was not allowed to marry her" is a story made up to gain sympathy and acceptance for his affair and subsequent marriage to her.

It is obvious that at the time he had no desire to marry her and I rather doubt that their relationship in those early days ever got to the point where marriage was discussed and the Queen said no.  Camilla certainly wasn't Charles only affair - there was Kanga and Janet Jenkins too.  Camilla was simply the one who managed to hang on.  IMHO of course.

Not to be harsh but one has to separate the pr from the reality.  I just do not think even Camilla ever thought in those early days that she was going to be Charles wife.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #394 on: June 07, 2016, 12:47:12 am »

If Charles had truly loved her, he would have fought for her tooth and nail and given the middle finger until he got what he wanted. He did it anyway in the end, the least he could have done was do this before he married a nineteen year old and then discarded her.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #395 on: June 07, 2016, 07:40:16 am »

^ I do agree. It was a good lesson for him but it didn't do Willy good letting him do what he wants and marry Waity.

i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #396 on: July 04, 2016, 02:41:34 pm »

Maybe it's just the photos which are selected for print but Camilla looks sad to me these days, wistful.  I hope all is well.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #397 on: July 05, 2016, 02:31:17 am »

Charles can't afford another divorce. I think Camilla is secure even if things go sour
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #398 on: July 05, 2016, 03:33:28 am »

I hope she's protected from them but can you imagine the constant pressure of the Manipulating Middletons (CM, KM, and PW) constantly attempting to undermine your husband and yourself?  I hope I'm giving them too much credit for their power over PC and Camilla.  But I feel there is such darkness and negative energy emanating from PW and the rest of his family (and his family IS the Middleton mob) towards his father and his father's court.  I doubt very much that people will stand for PW and a Middleton court.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #399 on: July 05, 2016, 04:50:58 am »

We know how things went down and we've done it over to death. If I were Charles and Camilla, I would be FED UP with how WK keep rehashing it and repainting Camilla and Charles as the devil incarnate. WK aren't letting people grow and move on. Notice how the minute that ring was on Kate's finger, Camilla was painted as a conniving witch who was scheming against innocent lamb Kate, how Camilla has done nothing but scheme against her. I don't think Camilla gives a toss, except for the fact that Charles now has even more burdens on his shoulders, making more work for Charles for when he becomes King. Say what you will, Camilla has been stalwart and does want the monarchy to continue. I think that Kate has been the nasty and antagonistic factor in any kind of interactions between herself and Kate and frankly it's no wonder Charles doesn't spoil Kate.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: