Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:40:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fashion Is Just Garbage!  (Read 2227 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: October 05, 2011, 07:27:20 pm »

Does anyone else here think that modern fashion is just garbage these days? I took a look at Christian Dior and go figure, the fashions are a joke. Dior used to be tops and now it's just utter junk, with McQueen not too far behind. The majority of this stuff is unwearable and I cannot believe that McQueen has some skull theme going. It's all just junk!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 07:36:34 pm »

Thanks God! I thought i was just me. When i go shopping ( and no, i don't go to Dior or Channel  sob) i think clothes lack class and stilish. They seem to be done with what's left of  tissus!

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 07:59:19 pm »

Mcqueen has always had the skull theme, in fact it's the most recognising symbols of the house.

Dior a couple of years ago was even less "elegant".

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 12:01:09 am »

I think there's a difference between the haute couture line of a house which basically set's the theme for a certain collection and the actual wearable pieces they make from those themes!
Hardly anyone can ware those things straight from the catwalk! (unless your crazy like lady gaga!)
But i was never a fan of Dior I prefer Céline, Chloe, Gaultier and Lanvin from the French
Armani, Mochino and Bottega Veneta from the Italian
Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacob's, Michael Kors and Donna Karan from New York

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 02:22:57 am »

Thanks God! I thought i was just me. When i go shopping ( and no, i don't go to Dior or Channel  sob) i think clothes lack class and stilish. They seem to be done with what's left of  tissus!

it's all the same and for the worse; I mean, the majority of this stuff is just junk and unwearable. The catwalks used to feature things you can wear rather than things that look cartoonish. Even the stuff you're supposed to wear is just silly.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:49:17 pm »

KF,  BFF2
Seems we are in the same vibe  X-Mas_rolleyes

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

rogue
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:00:21 pm »

That because highfashion isn't always about being accesible, thats what highstreet and high end fashionlabels are for.Highfashion sets the trends for the next season.Highfashion companies also have resort/cruise shows that keeps the cashflow going and is wearable.What you see with the likes of Balenciaga/Givenchy , is that some of the stuff that they do are being reworked with softer materials for their clients.Designers also want to show their skill on their runway.You need to look beyond the craziness and see the technic and skill that goes behind it.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 03:18:59 pm »

^that's what I meant,
you explained it better though. easter-wink

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »

Boy, I fully agree that clothes today are much more cheaply made.  Seaming is slim and uneven and the stiffening agent is worse than ever.  I usually shop locally by local designers, second hand couture shops and use a tailor to correct uneven hemming and shoulder issues.  Very frustrating.  The only dept store I trust is Nordstrom.  White and Warren and Rodriguez make great clothes.  Tahari, too. The elite designers?  They've gone downhill and outsource.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: