Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 02:36:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK police apologize about royal wedding day arrest  (Read 2082 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: September 24, 2011, 11:11:57 pm »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/23/ap/europe/main20110986.shtml

Moniz had been on his way to a peaceful, authorized demonstration run by the anti-monarchy group Republic in central London when he was stopped by police. McSherry said Moniz had no criminal record and no intention of committing a crime, but was held in a police cell for "anticipated breach of the peace." He was released without being charged six hours later after the royal wedding was over.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:47:49 am »

The Republic movement held a peaceful tea party during the wedding (in Covent Garden I think). The authorities must be getting worried about this small movement to start arresting people attending their quite lawful, peaceful and legitimate meeting. He would have been travelling in the opposite direction to the wedding anyway.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 12:56:14 pm »

So a man was robbed of his freedom for 6 hours , because of Lazy Katie  oooh
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 04:10:22 pm »

This is from today's Observer from a protestor who has just been found guilty of a criminal act following the wedding protests. They are considering taking this to the European court on appeal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/19/arrest-without-crime-royal-wedding?CMP=twt_gu

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 09:18:43 pm »

I find the result of the trial impossible to believe. It's like a police state.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Leila
Countess

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 11:03:39 pm »

I hope they do take it further.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 07:33:55 am »

This is from today's Observer from a protestor who has just been found guilty of a criminal act following the wedding protests. They are considering taking this to the European court on appeal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/19/arrest-without-crime-royal-wedding?CMP=twt_gu

I find the result of the trial impossible to believe. It's like a police state.

This is why people are not going ot do business in this country; mark my words, the minute this is all over the cout of appeals and gets more press, it'll result in a lot of nations shying away from having diplomatic relations with the UK government and a lot of royals avoiding the BRF.

Either way, people are going to find out.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: