Royal Gossip
August 24, 2017, 12:22:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downton Abbey  (Read 16983 times)
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 06:44:09 am »

^Too bad those days are all shot to hell, hey, KF?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 06:26:13 am »

Uh-oh.

Dowager Countess Fans Quiver as Downton Abbey Producer Reveals a Big Death Is Coming

There's nothing more maddening than vague spoilers, and that is exactly what Rebecca Eaton, the executive producer of Downton Abbey, served up a big heaping platter of yesterday at a party. There's plenty of drama coming to everyone's favorite estate next season, and now it's time to begin guessing what happens to which of our favorite lords, ladies, and footmen. Spoiler alerts ahead, obviously.

So, first off, she was very blunt about the future of the show's main love story, "Matthew and Mary do get married." Okay, that's not at all surprising, since that's usually the next step after an engagement. Cora's mother, played by Shirley MacLaine, also appears and apparently has a number of satisfying sparring matches with the Dowager Countess. To which we say, bring it on! And now we get to the slightly upsetting news:

Somebody will be born, and somebody will die, somebody pretty key in the cast, unfortunately not going to make it. It's the 1920s now.

Okay, first of all, it better not be motherf@cking Carson the Butler or I will cut someone. Other than that, take anyone you like, except maybe Daisy. She doesn't deserve to die. But who do you guys think it is? It can't be Bates, that would be too obvs. And it probably isn't the Dowager Countess either. Do you think it's Lady Edith? I kind of hope it's Lady Edith with a candlestick in a drawing room. As for the birth, the most obviously choice is Lady Sybil's baby, but that's all the way in Ireland. Maybe it's Cora who's pregnant again, and this time Mrs. O'Brien will get the chance to not be a total witch by putting soap on the damn floor? Anyway, please do leave your guesses in the comments. [Orlando Sentinel]

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 11:48:58 pm »

Somebody will be born, and somebody will die, somebody pretty key in the cast, unfortunately not going to make it. It's the 1920s now.

I wonder if it will be Lady Sibyl; she's been living a wild life and it would be possible that she might be killed by Irish radicals or perhaps end up in some sort of situation. It sounds like her lifestyle is chaotic and in all frankness I don't think taht in real life, the daughter of an Earl would last too long in that situation. She seems like a superfluous character anyway at this point in time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 02:46:27 am »

^That's a probably scenario.  At least we know, whew, who isn't being killed off:

http://gawker.com/5902328/relax-maggie-smith-is-not-leaving-downton-abbey-next-season

Relax: Maggie Smith Is Not Leaving Downton Abbey Next Season

Carnival Films, the studio behind popular period drama Downton Abbey, issued a statement categorically denying a Daily Mail report that actress Maggie Smith asked to be written out of the show so she could focus on her film and stage careers.

The claim that Smith, who plays Lady Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, personally asked Abbey creator Julian Fellowes "to write her character out" in the upcoming third season was "complete nonsense," according to Carnival Films spokeswoman Jessica Morris. "We never comment on future story lines but it's not true that she's leaving," Morris insisted.

Acornia
Countess

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 03:14:23 am »

^That's a probably scenario.  At least we know, whew, who isn't being killed off:

http://gawker.com/5902328/relax-maggie-smith-is-not-leaving-downton-abbey-next-season

Relax: Maggie Smith Is Not Leaving Downton Abbey Next Season

Carnival Films, the studio behind popular period drama Downton Abbey, issued a statement categorically denying a Daily Mail report that actress Maggie Smith asked to be written out of the show so she could focus on her film and stage careers.

Now that is work!  worship

Who'd bet that's it's going to be Anna? ALthough I don't want her to die, she's very likeable.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 04:03:56 am »

I'm thinkin' more likely Lady Sibyl.  Then, we could have an an entire feast of women trying to take her place.

Anna, I think, will be pregnant. 

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 01:52:55 am »

I sometimes think she is the most unrealistic character of all; I mean, a daughter of an earl getting a feminist kick I can understand, but the way she has been acting (pregnant, then coming back to nurse the wounded and joining the Irish radical groups/working class rights) is so beyond the pale and she is making the storyline more and more distracting. It should be centered around the family and not around politics. Lady Sibyl should be killed off and then end up mourned and then the world goes on.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 05:41:31 am »

I forgot about the pregnant part.

What about the Countess of Grantham (Cora)?  She was awfully sick there for a while and could have a relapse, then O'Brien could finally purge her conscience about the slippery soap after her death and, no..that's not working.

All in all, we could live without Sybil.  I agree on that one.  She's all over the map and that bit at the end with the snow falling was just too schmaltzy for my taste.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 08:03:04 pm »

I sometimes wish that the writers hadn't made Lady Sibyl so unrealistic; good to care about the working man, but she was so stupid in that she suddenly runs off with a man, gets pregnant, comes to nurse the wounded, all the while for some reason still determined to wreck her life.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 11:01:25 pm »

I dont watch the show but wanted to ask if the oldest daughter married the next heir or something? did it happen in season one or two? hope someone answer please  flower Thank you...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:05:42 pm by benign » Logged
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 03:30:46 am »

^It could be my old age, (think Maggie Smith here), but I don't recall anyone getting married of the three daughters.  Unless it's the one who was driving the plow.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 03:54:12 am »

oh honestly, yoop you have decades on Dame Smith! easter-wink
I haven't watched any further then episode 7 in season one so  dontknow

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 04:00:26 am »

^You're a dear, but if I lived back in those days 40 was ANCIENT, so, y'know, add a couple. 

At any rate, I can't answer your question intelligently, Benign, and for that, I apologize.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 12:25:18 pm »

The marriages are taking place this season. Season 2, two sets of servants got married: Anna and Bates, William and Daisy.
I agree that Sybil's character's taking away from the story. I really thought that she'd come to her senses and realize that she just wanted to fill a void after WWI ended, thus apologizing to the chauffeur for "lading him on" and her family and stay at home and find a purpose, like continuing her nursing in a hospital. Season 3 doesn't sound like it's going to be as stellar as Season 1 either.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 05:01:55 pm »

^Thanks, Windsor.  I didn't think any of the daughters had been married.  Lady Mary will undoubtedly marry Matthew, OR, maybe it's Lady Mary who dies which leaves Matthew and the entire family in a bit of a mess.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 12:19:20 am »

^thanks Yooper and everyone else  flower...i finally watched the first episode of season 1 and also watch the Christmas special ( i cheated i know  tehe)...liking Mary and Matthew's love story, bit less proper than Darcy and Elizabeth of PP...
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 02:06:21 am »

Does anybody else think there is too much unnecessary crying at Downton?
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 05:09:26 am »

I don't know about that, but they sure rip open a bunch of telegrams and letters. An oldie but a goodie:

http://gawker.com/5873845/everyone-at-downton-receives-shocking-news-in-letters

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2012, 10:56:12 pm »

Oh ladies.... flirt
Have a look at this.
a new season on Downton abbey is coming!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2183890/The-new-Downton--new-Dame-Shirley-MacLaine-Earl-Grantham-sneak-preview-hotly-anticipated-series.html

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 12:53:05 pm »

Beautiful photos of Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) in the lastest edition of Harper's Bazaar.    Such a class act!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2188385/Downton-Abbeys-Michelle-Dockery-opens-role-poses-fashion-spread-Harpers-Bazaar.html

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: