Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 03:58:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downton Abbey  (Read 17394 times)
berlin
Countess

« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:04 am »

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the docu about the House that DA is filmed in and I look forward to the subsequent docus.  You're right, SG, I think what got to me was that so much was going on.  There wasn't the usual delicate flow that I'm used to seeing in British dramas.  The lines were choppy and it just seemed so amateurish.  I just wasn't able to relax, which is one of the things I love about British dramas.  And I can't stand the plot with Sybil marrying the help.  Sorry, but that is just too farfetched and annoying.  I can see her having a dalliance with one, but to marry is just too ridiculous.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2013, 08:54:26 am »

The Sybil marrying the help storyline is frustrating for me to watch. Her husband is annoying and just plain rude.

I didn't care for that storyline.

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2013, 12:49:35 am »

I'm quite glad the Matthew character is going.  I really don't see his purpose.  He's so annoying.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2013, 12:57:19 am »

I wonder how Julian is going to handle a new season with so many formerly significant characters gone; Lady Edith is still there, so is Mary, but now I wonder how all these plots are going to be developed. New plot-lines, characters, twists, turns, etc.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2013, 03:39:37 am »

I truly felt for Lady Edith being left. That was terrible,  bye my heart ached for her (even though it was a tv show.)

[/URL]
berlin
Countess

« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2013, 05:34:34 am »

Was the show shortened for US audiences?  It doesn't seem natural that it was only an hour.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2013, 04:05:54 pm »

The £25,000 makeover that says Lady Mary Crawley's leaving Downton Abbey for Hollywood

The answer is that this is Dockery’s big moment to make the leap from domestic television star to Hollywood player. Much time and effort is being invested by some of the industry’s biggest players into turning her into a bona fide Hollywood glamour girl. Team Dockery is, by all accounts, becoming a rather formidable machine.

And although she is committed to appearing in the fourth series of Downton — which will be filmed from February to July this year — you would have to be a brave punter to bet on her hanging around after that.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2264271/The-25-000-makeover-says-Michelle-Dockerys-leaving-Downton-Abbey-Hollywood.html#ixzz2ILML5oS4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So, another major character looks like she's leaving and I wonder, how long until the entire series is ended?

It's a shame that she is throwing such solid opportunities at work away while pursuing position in an industry (Hollywood) that won't cut her any VIP breaks just because she was a star in Downton. After all, almost everyone coming to Hollywood has the same background accomplishments.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2013, 04:42:25 pm »

I hope she doesn't jump ship.  She has the chance to be leading lady since they're killing Matthew off and the focus will be on her being single mother and if she takes up a new romance or not.  She'd be stupid to jump now.  Hopefully she's do at least another season to see how it goes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2013, 06:26:33 pm »

I love Michelle Dockery, she's so elegant.

I think Downton may only go for about two more seasons.

Hollywood is pursuing another actor from the show too. When he visited the US for the Downton press tour, the press and agents were drooling over him, but when he was asked about it on a tv show, he spoke of his wife and family in England he wants to stay based there.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/characters.html
Rob James-Collier he plays 'Thomas'
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:28:58 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2013, 09:08:23 pm »

I hope she doesn't jump ship.  She has the chance to be leading lady since they're killing Matthew off and the focus will be on her being single mother and if she takes up a new romance or not..

I hope she has the brains to realize that if she stays on, then she can practically have the whole show to herself and end up making her own mark. It would be a boon to see her play these things out and with a clever writer she could become as legend as Joan Colllins. As for stupid, I believe that the other Downton actors are complete idiots to not realize how good they've had it.

She'd be stupid to jump now.  Hopefully she's do at least another season to see how it goes

I don't think she is smart enough to stay and make something of the show. She is signed on to do one season, but I don't think it'll continue mainly since these stars are now so impatient for Hollywood. She might decide to finish her contract and then go off and Julian will have to figure out how to get rid of her. I hope that Lady Edith gets more coverage and more consideration since after all, the actress who plays her is the only one who hasn't bashed Downton or shown an interest in Hollywood.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2013, 09:25:01 pm »

They should look at Elizabeth McGovern(Cora, Countess of Grantham) she was a young starlet in Hollywood always behaved with class. She married an Englishman, moved to London. Downton was like a godsend for her, she really appreciates the job she has, she knows the Hollywood thing already.

Also Maggie Smith, she's still a viable actress because she never followed the path of what Hollywood was doing, even though she is a two time Oscar winner, Maggie has stuck to her own path.

I am afraid that Hollywood will get Michelle over here and 'dirty' her up with nude scenes in a film, like they ask of a lot of actresses to do for their first US films. I hope she's smart enough to stick to her own beliefs and doesn't listen to fast talking director's and agents.

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2013, 09:18:20 am »

3 Episodes (watch online) Downton Abbey
LINK:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »

'I never thought about myself like that!' Dan Stevens admits he can't get used to his sex symbol status as he poses for brooding new shoot

He went from little-known actor to world-famous heartthrob thanks to his portrayal of Matthew Crawley in Downton Abbey.

But Dan Stevens has revealed in a new interview that he is still struggling to get used to his sex symbol status.

The 30-year-old actor made the admission as he posed for a brooding new shoot inPhoenix magazine.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2274345/Dan-Stevens-admits-used-sex-symbol-status-poses-brooding-new-shoot.html#ixzz2K9penFRk

Hollywood is going to ruin him.  bye

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2013, 09:50:32 pm »

First is Hollywood going to accept him? Because the only one with a bit of buzz is the one who plays Lady Mary but the rest?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »

He's a wonderful actor and handsome, but Hollywood is a completely bewildering business to succeed in for stars comiing from 1.TV and 2. Across the pond. Even with the best roles,the best agents, manager's, the top "pr" , some British stars fail to catch on in feature films. We'll have to wait and see?

I wish him the best, but Hollywood film success is very trickey and I believe that is what he is going after.

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2013, 10:07:27 pm »

Oh yes I totally agree with you! He is starting with Broadway no? A plat with Chastain or has that already finished?

I think that the Colin Firth of his generation is going to be probably Cumberbatch but he also has competition with Hiddleston and Fassbender. Can you see Stevens on something like Star Trek?

The one who plays Lady Mary can make the break but even her will have it difficult to be a success so Stevens will go back to UK imo.

Hollywood is very weird even for normal actors  tehe the ones you think will make it disappear and very untalented ones win oscars.  eating cookies

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
berlin
Countess

« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2013, 10:45:28 pm »

Dan is cute, but not that cute.  His lips are too small.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2013, 04:23:38 am »

I'm so mad at the guy who plays Matthew.  I hated seeing him die like that.  Anyway, I'm so glad they had the good sense of getting rid of Edna.  I think that's one of the ways the Middleton's got William, which was to make him ashamed of his heritage.
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2013, 05:46:49 am »

I still don't know why he quit Downton, he had a good gig going there. Maybe he has some projects on the side which he need to focus on - I think he was/is active in theater? I don't think he'll last in Hollywood, sadly. Or maybe he'll dabble in a few films then fade away into oblivion.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2013, 06:42:05 am »

Stevens got arrogant and pretty much threw away the best thing that has ever happened to him. I don't think that this guy is going to do well in Hollywood and I don't think Dockery will last that long if she bails from Downton and leaves the rest of the production in the lurch.

Hollywood might initially swarm on him/Docekry, but unless they work 24/7 they aren't going to last.

'I never thought about myself like that!' Dan Stevens admits he can't get used to his sex symbol status as he poses for brooding new shoot
He went from little-known actor to world-famous heartthrob thanks to his portrayal of Matthew Crawley in Downton Abbey.
 But Dan Stevens has revealed in a new interview that he is still struggling to get used to his sex symbol status.

The 30-year-old actor made the admission as he posed for a brooding new shoot inPhoenix magazine.

Bad idea, whining about this; he should be expressing gratitude and get it into his blonde head that he is an image, a pretty handsome guy, and actors are viewed in that way. Ask actresses about whether or not they are expected to act and pose in a certain way and wear skimpy outfits.

Too bad he threw his breakout series away; after all, without it he would still be doing asinine indie movies and TV specials.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: