Royal Gossip
July 28, 2017, 01:33:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Movies & Documentaries  (Read 29005 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2016, 05:27:33 am »

^True.  But, with the vetting that the BRF does, even a nurse would know the scorecard.  That was targeted for the viewers, I think.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2016, 06:03:33 am »

I'll look for it, you made me wonder.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2016, 08:27:31 am »

^True.  But, with the vetting that the BRF does, even a nurse would know the scorecard.  That was targeted for the viewers, I think.

They didn't vet as much back then at all. Some staff were simply employed there for a day or so for certain reasons and then moved on. They certainly didn't vet anything like they do today.

Many nurses and other staff would be in for a couple of days and then gone and yes they did serve that closely to the person. This nurse may even have had a roster such as one week at Marlborough House and then next week back at her base hospital with other nurses taking over that duty.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2016, 04:32:18 pm »

^Sorry, I still think this was for the viewer's benefit and thought it rang hollow.  English people know who the monarchy players are and who's who. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2016, 06:15:40 pm »

^that"s my guess too it was for the viewer's . 

I liked it can't wait for season 2 you can see they spent a lot of money on it and the actors pretty good

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2016, 06:28:32 pm »

^Oooh.  There's a Season 2?  I'm still only on episode 3, so far.  That's exciting news to hear.  Didn't know that, Fly.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2016, 06:45:41 pm »

yeah just read it got the green light for 2

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2016, 06:54:38 pm »

^ thumbsup

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2016, 07:12:03 pm »

Supposedly they want to span all decades of her reign, each series/ season will be one decade. That sounds exciting. I have yet to watch, but going by the pics I have seen and trailers and all the positive feedback, I'm looking forward to it. Historical inaccuracies always annoy me, same with "Victoria", but oh well, I guess we can't have it all..
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2016, 04:22:26 pm »

I totally binge-watched up to episode 9 last night.  It's super great!  Their timing is a little odd and moves fast and then slows down, year wise, but they're chronologically on target.  With HM's history, it will take mega-episodes to complete this, so, yay! 

Don't want to give away any spoilers but did anybody else feel just awful for HM and her interaction with PP in the later episodes?  I can see both sides but that woman is made of solid steel most of the time so any display of emotion is a HUGE deal.  Fascinating and well done, so far.

^Right you are.  Any historical inaccuracies just have to be accepted as "dramatic license".

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2016, 04:29:40 pm »

You know, I'll never understand why Prince Philip complained all the time. If he did in the early years as well (as has been documented) I would have been seething mad at how the ingrate who knew the realities, keeps up the whining and moaning and the 'witching' (substitute for the other word) and frankly I don't understand WHY Elizabeth didn't just tell him off. He has no business asking for exceptions and frankly ti's an insult to his Queen.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2016, 04:32:59 pm »

^From where I sit, I think it's because the Queen was and still is, deeply in love with that man/cad.  She just is!  Can't fault her for that but, right now, he's behaving like a petulant child.  In the series, that is.  Not sure how true any of that is but I find most of it believable. 

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2016, 04:54:29 pm »

I still have to watch it (currenty (binge) watching the last season of Gilmore girls in prep for the new episodes so don't have much time to dive into binge watching sth else), so my commenting is almost superfluous, but he did often throw a tantrum because his wife was more important and he couldn't be "the man of the house", so much of it I expect is believable. That is why they supposedly struck a deal: in public she's the boss, but behind closed doors (in family life), he's the boss. I can understand that it was hard for a man to be so relegated, esp back then and I think even today it must be hard, for Daniel in Sweden for example, but I agree, you get huge perks, so get over it sugar.
Someone (I think someone from the Swedish rf, Carl Gustav maybe?) said that it's easier for a woman to marry in, because she's instantly elevated, but hard for a man, because he has to/ does go into the background, which is true when you think about it...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2016, 05:03:42 pm »

^Yep. And PP is apparently a proud man.  It's quite the interesting marriage.  But, I'm really applauding HM so far for being so forward thinking, at that particular time in our world history.  The business with Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend is particularly intriguing.

You know what line just leaped off the tv at me and reminded me of Kate immediately?  It was the Duke of Windsor saying, regarding the Firm, "You're never ever sure if you're "in" but you're always sure when you're "out". 

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2016, 05:08:05 pm »

"Good" saying, it is typical for them.

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2016, 05:17:21 pm »

^^ Yikes, but rings true with the Winds. It would be better if they would let emotions in and dropped the stiff upper lip, better to say what's wrong and what is expected than to keep people going of the rails and then shutting them out overnight.... Some might not realize their mistakes and think all's fine (and I don't mean public people like Kate, to whom mistakes have been pointed out ad nauseum, by the public if not the family; it's others I pity who are more in the background who then might not realize mistakes and no one's there to say "not like that mate"). A dangerous bunch, that's for sure.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2016, 10:19:45 pm »

They cut people out for the most trivial things and they do mistreat their aristocracy. Lady Sarah was courted, then cut out from the royal invite list and I don't know why on earth Charles and Co. would do that to a member of their aristocracy. Or anyone. Always cutting people out after stringing them along and basically pretending they do not exist. It's another reason I wager decent families and people don't want them around. Imagine being a hardworking charity volunteer and then suddenly, after giving your all, being cut off and out in the cold.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2017, 04:53:57 am »

My favorite movie in life is called Sissi made with the actress Romy Schneider, I watch this movie every day for years, I love this movie, and I would like to know if you have information from the real Empress Sissi's family in which the movie Was based. Guys, the movie is beautiful, it's worth watching. I get excited every time I watch, and I love putting on this movie before I slept, sleeping watching and my dad turns off the television every night because my father knows I slept watching Sissi easter-bunny easter-bunny easter-bunny easter-bunny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4hoCbUM47A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOMK-AnDThE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tma2s36FLEI&t=23s

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7). [/color]
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KlpwmFfAZWlEumq3MfQCrQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCLSlo6rhr4elQQ&feat=embedwebsite
http://www.maranathaofamerica.org/ - United States
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2017, 04:58:48 am »

Sissi is a good movie and there is another version as well. The older one you like is the best; it shows a much more interesting personality that was not equipped to handle the life of an Empress Consort.

Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:18 pm »

And the incredible thing was to have made such a perfect movie in a time of war like that, I love Sissi, I really love this movie with Romy Schneider, I would love to know more about the family of Sissi - the real one - today KF hug

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7). [/color]
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KlpwmFfAZWlEumq3MfQCrQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCLSlo6rhr4elQQ&feat=embedwebsite
http://www.maranathaofamerica.org/ - United States
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: