Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 08:57:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cressida Bonas: News and Chat Thread IV  (Read 45680 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #500 on: August 09, 2017, 12:41:55 am »

Don't just call me Harry's ex, says Cressida: Actress says she finds it 'incredibly frustrating' while she is trying to forge her career
Cressida Bonas has said she has found it ‘incredibly frustrating’ to be ‘pigeonholed’ as Prince Harry’s ex-girlfriend while trying to forge a career as an actress.
The 28-year-old, who dated Prince Harry for two years, said she had found people ‘very quick’ to put her in a box when it came to her career.
Miss Bonas is currently playing Sonia Brownell, a literary editor remembered as the second wife of George Orwell, at the Old Red Lion Theatre, London.
She is said to have split with Prince Harry in 2014 because she wanted an acting career and could not stand the public scrutiny she endured during their relationship.
When asked whether the publicity gave her an insight into ‘being defined by a much more famous man’ yesterday, she replied: ‘Yeah, I think it’s that thing of being pigeonholed. Especially in this country, I find people are very quick to put you in a box or put you in a corner and think “oh well you’re that so you must be that”.’
Asked if she found it frustrating, she told Radio 4 Woman’s Hour: ‘Yes, it’s incredibly frustrating. ‘Especially, you know, in the industry that I’m in. But, you know, it is the way it is and it’s sort of making a stand and saying “No this is who I am, and this is what I want to do.”
‘And the same with Sonia [Orwell], but in obviously a completely different context. I think if Sonia was in today’s world I think maybe she’d be celebrated because she was very ambitious, she was very modern.
‘But in that time I think, you know, it was, you know, maybe in her group of friends yes they were all like that but in that time in that world I think it was a man’s world and I think ambition and that wasn’t, it wasn’t the thing for a woman to be like.’
Miss Bonas is said to be in a relationship dated 27-year-old property developer Harry Wentworth-Stanley, an old Harrovian Wentworth-Stanley and son of Clare Mountbatten, Marchioness of Milford Haven, who she dated two years before she met Prince Harry.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4773176/Don-t-just-call-Harry-s-ex-says-Cressida-Bonas.html#ixzz4pD47DsQK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Oh really? Didn't she have a pr person, her mum's boyfriend, put out all those articles regarding impending engagement and having her described in the headline of each artice as being Prince Harry's girlfriend? Please, she tried to trade on the relationship and got burnt by getting dumped and now she's trying to back peddle and act like she's just a woman who just wants to forge an acting career off of her talents.  eating cookies Alrighty then.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #501 on: August 09, 2017, 12:58:25 am »

The lady does protest too much. She is no shrinking violet and had masses of PR. Her bit part in Tulip Fever has not even been seen yet. And the Bye Bye Man got panned.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #502 on: August 09, 2017, 01:18:53 am »

^I heard that she was naked in that movie and can't act. 
So she's still using her relationship with Harry to get press for the play that she was cast in because she could get press for being Prine Harry's ex. eating cookies
Cressida Bonas Says It’s ‘Incredibly Frustrating’ to Be Known as Prince Harry’s Ex-Girlfriend
Though she realizes it’ll happen from time to time, Bonas is committed to showing people there’s a whole other side to her. Her resume backs that up: She’s acted in several plays, as well nabbing roles in the films Tulip Fever (alongside Alicia Vikander and Judi Dench) and The Bye Bye Man.
“It’s about making a stand,” she says. “Saying no, this is who I am and this is what I want to do.”
http://people.com/royals/cressida-bonas-says-its-incredibly-frustrating-to-be-known-as-prince-harrys-ex-girlfriend/

Keep Calm and Carry On
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #503 on: August 09, 2017, 02:13:19 pm »

And she was happy being lapped too, with books that had little to do with her acting.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #504 on: August 09, 2017, 10:12:11 pm »

She must have very serious PR that her whining got into People Magazine as well as the DM> I think Harry broke up with her and she is trying to save face. If she does not like attention, then why does she have high powered PR plus an acting career limited to bit parts and roles in small theatre companies. But maybe her whingeing would fit right in to the BRF who have some whingers in the family.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: