Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 01:24:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Movies & Documentaries  (Read 26911 times)
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« on: September 15, 2011, 01:54:46 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b014s302/The_Queens_Palaces_Buckingham_Palace/

The BBC is doing a series on the Queen's Palaces with this episode talking about Buckingham Palace. The series looks at the history of the Palace including how they were built and why It also looks at the Occupiers who most made an impact on the buildings such as how they looked and operated.

I personally found it interesting and very informative making me look at BP differently then before. I highly recommend a look.

For those who cannot see the BBC version here is another link for you

http://www.putlocker.com/file/FC644B85AAADB71F

This should be available to all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b014s302

on the BBC webpage you can take a virtual tour of BP, there is a slideshow of Canaletto paintings (BP has the largest collection of his Paintings) as well bios of the Monarchs featured in this episode who were

Henry VIII
James I and VI
George III and IV
Queen Victoria and Albert
and George VIII

Enjoy!

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:13:40 am »

Thank you, Mousie!!!   Hi

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 12:55:08 pm »

I found some other  links

http://www.watchseries-online.com/2011/09/the-queens-palaces-1x1-buckingham-palace.html
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 02:49:32 pm »

yes that is a favourite website of mine I always choose either Putlocker or Sockshare so I put one of those up for you  Hi

rogue
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 09:28:24 pm »

Ok , now i see   thankyou
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 02:18:34 am »

wow!  flirt
You know even after visiting BP not two weeks ago I still can't get enough of it!  sigh
I think you could spend two months non-stop wandering through it and still find new things to see.
The visit rushes you through the staterooms a bit and it's kinda hard to see all the details in the rooms because they are so grand and overwhelming and they can only show part of the royal collection at a time there's just not enough wall to hang all the paintings!
So these type of docu's are really neat plus I like the lady talking, she has a good way of telling stories! thumbsup
I hope they make a DVD of the series I would buy it for sure!
Thanks for the link mousie, that was an hour well spend!  thankyou BFF2 Kiss

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 10:49:05 pm »

I am a big fan of Fiona Bruce (the lady presenting) too. But then again as well as presenting the BBC News she does alot of history programmes and I am a huge History buff.

I am glad you enjoyed it  Hi I found the chandelier part way more intresting then I should have  tehe I want one of those lift things for my lights as I have really high ceilings and cannot reach to clean them without ladders and I am scared of heights  hide

I will post part 2 Mon/Tuesday for you and anyone else interested.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 10:51:32 pm »

I'm looking forward to it!  thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 11:40:51 pm »

At last I'm Queen Beeb! Fiona Bruce’s new series on royal palaces sees her crowned the BBC’s most respected presenter

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2037412/Fiona-Bruces-new-series-royal-palaces-makes-BBCs-respected-presenter.html#ixzz1Y9rInyLy

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 11:04:02 pm »

Hi tonight Fiona was at Windsor Castle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0151w1z/The_Queens_Palaces_Windsor_Castle/

I will add a non Brit friendly version later  easter-wink

I absolutely loved this episode! I found it so fascinating and informative. While BP is the main and official residence so much has happened at Windsor Castle that has impacted the RF personally and as our RF.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 01:46:57 am »

Ah poo! Angry
You got me all exited but I can't see it! (yet) hiss

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 03:41:48 am »

sorry it is worth the wait I promise  BFF2

edit

http://www.videobb.com/watch_video.php?v=MvPpZswBPeE3

found one
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:56:21 am by mousiekins » Logged

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 09:32:02 pm »

Thanks Mousie.
Prince Edward presented documentaries like these years ago. Although the subjects were interesting, I often found myself distracted by his stiff, bristly and pompous personality on camera.   hide

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 10:11:50 pm »

@ mousie: Thanks for the link hon! Kiss
@ windsor: Yeah I know what you mean I have a dvd that talks about the windsor fire in '92 and he's commenting on part of it, he sounds a bit like Percy Weasley from the HP books tehe
Charles on the other hand has a lovely voice and he's a good story teller! flirt (should that king thing not work out for him, I think he could make a few quit with spoken books.)

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 10:50:23 pm »

Oh yes I remember him reading stories on Jackanory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackanory  flirt he read his own book; The Old Man of Lochnagar

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 10:57:39 pm »

hmm i wonder if there's an audio of that one. maybe on YT?

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 11:48:17 pm »

Most likely only a video as they sat and read to you on camera.

I am sure if you look you may find it. It was 1984 he did it but I have seen the repeats many times.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 01:03:05 am »

Finally got round watching the second part
once again an excellent episode!  thumbsup
I've been to Windsor twice and yet once again I'm jealous that fiona manages to see and touch things a regular visitor cannot! (the doll house!) hiss
I would love to have a closer look at some of the pieces in the state rooms but there are these velvet ropes keeping you away from it, unfortunately  sigh
I really hope they put these series on DVD! BBC is the best when it come to mini series both fiction and nonfiction!

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 09:28:06 am »

I am glad you enjoyed it  TCP painting easter egg

My Mum now wants that doll house and is planning a way to steal it  tehe

I can see why HM loves it more then BP and sees Windsor as her 'home'.

Next week Holyroodhouse which I have to admit I know the least about  TCP baking cookies

All I know is that it was the home of Mary Queen Of Scotland and Bonnie Prince Charlie used it for his 'uprising' back in the 1700's
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:30:27 am by mousiekins » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 01:07:13 am »

Tell your mum I wish her good luck with that mission!  tehe
She'll need a big forklift to move it (the house like a 5 feet high and wide cube!), that is after she managed to enter the actual castle and the room it's in oh and let's not forget the bullet proof glass that's all around that doll house. I bet not even Copperfield could make that doll house disappear! easter-lol
That's one true Mission Impossible and there's no Tom Cruise to help her out! laugh
Ah hollyroodhouse the Scottish residence, have to admit don't know much about it either...but I bet it will be another great episode! thumbsup easter-wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: