Royal Gossip
March 26, 2019, 01:11:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Diana still UK's favourite royal  (Read 2659 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: August 30, 2011, 04:58:20 pm »

PRINCESS DIANA, STILL THE NATION’S FAVOURITE ROYAL

Now on the eve of the 14th ­anniversary of her death, a survey shows Diana is still the nation’s favourite Royal.
She was named as the one we would most like to have a natter with if she were alive today, ahead of Prince William and the Queen.
Kate languished in seventh place with just four per cent of the vote in the poll. Above her came Henry VIII, Queen Victoria and Prince Harry while Camilla was bottom of the list.
Diana was also the only woman in the overall Top 10 list of celebrities with whom we’d like to talk.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/268011/Princess-Diana-still-the-nation-s-favourite-Royal

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »

This is sort of a well, duh, article, but glad to see it!  One question:  What's a 'natter'?

And, I take offense that picking Johnny Depp for looks alone, which is implied, is dead wrong.  To me, he's a fine actor first and then, well, swoon.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:05:03 pm »

This part made my day: Kate Middleton languished in seventh place with just four per cent of the vote  Spooky-bat loveshower

Yooper, "What's a 'natter'? It means to have a chat, talk.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:08:04 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
starlite
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 08:13:26 pm »

7th isn't very good IMO, especially since she is a "new" addition to the RF.
I wonder how she will fair in the years to come.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 09:58:43 pm »

7th is about right. Most people don't care about Kate. PW dated her for too long and she was sitting around not doing anything (still doing next to nothing) and people are bored with her.
Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 01:18:49 am »

Of course D is still number 1!Even after all these years and gone she's still fascinating.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 09:30:27 am »

I guess all that hype the Daily Mail and HELLO!Magazine lavished on Kate is NOT working with the public.

Number 7 is not very good for all the hype she gets.

I can see why Diana is still Number 1, she touched so many people around the world.

[/URL]
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 10:05:31 am »

I think Diana will be the favourite royal for a long time. I don't mean it in a rude way, but when someone is famous and dies to young, they are often remembered more because they were still in their prime (career wise). Diana was an inspiration for a lot of people, was still on her way up, there were some many mysterious about her and everybody wanted a happy ending for her.
Grace
Countess

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 10:16:08 am »

Great news!Diana in first place,she is the best imo loveshower
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 03:56:41 am »

Of course she is number one. She was number one in life, and will remain so in death. She's a legend, now, and rightfully so.

Kate Middleton languished in seventh place with just four per cent of the vote

I have no idea why Kate is even on the list at all. WTF?
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 05:35:12 pm »

I think Diana will be the favourite royal for a long time. I don't mean it in a rude way, but when someone is famous and dies to young, they are often remembered more because they were still in their prime (career wise).

I agree easter-egg-basket That's why she's a myth.

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 12:04:16 am »

Diana is the kind of legend that people will be talking about centuries from now. Fourteen years after her death and the public still can not get enough of her.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: