Royal Gossip
May 24, 2019, 04:38:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Felipe & Letizia's Marriage Thread  (Read 65205 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 10:14:34 pm »

More than a foreign tacky model yes, moreover they didn't gave anyone enough time to analyse her before the engagement announcement.

Still only Sartorius has been considered as the ideal by everyone.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 10:20:21 pm »

Isabel was nice when she was dating Felipe, but she is a complete loser. She hasn't done anything, couldn't hold down a single job other than being an eternal girlfriend the last 20+ years. Everyone is criticizing Kate here, Isabel is no different or even worse than Kate since we don't know what Kate would do if she got dumped by William.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2012, 10:22:41 pm »

I think Isabel is different from Kate because she had a really bad life and no stability which has not helped her at all, yep I agree she is a loser but she still looked upon as the best possible queen from Felipe's gf.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 10:36:06 pm »

That's because she has always been 'playing' like a victim. Isabel had a good education (just like Kate), good connections, no excuse not to put it in good use.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 10:39:31 pm »

Not really, people think of the time when she was a girlfriend not now, is more like in despite of her strange life after she....

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 10:49:24 pm »

Letizia was a gasp heard around the world, when Felipe sprung that announcement on people. He hid her for a reason, he knew the Spanish press would rip her to shreds as a divorcee, marrying the Crown Prince and future King.

Did the Queen not get along with Isabel?

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 11:03:45 pm »

Isabel now says that the king and queen were wonderful to her, but the comment has always been that the queen considered her not the best for her son and they didn't like that her parents were divorced. However, Isabel's mother also had problems with drugs and her father with alcohol; and one of her relatives was a republican politician.

Anyway she was not good enough.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 11:06:49 pm »

wow Felipe sure can picke 'em!

[/URL]
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 11:15:56 pm »

I heard it was Letizia who didn't want to be known as Felipe's girlfriend. She didn't want to be the 2nd coming of Isabel, an eternal girlfriend, in case the relation failed.
Felipe and Letizia had the support of the media groups before the engagement announcement, otherwise they wouldn't dare to announce it, for example media godfather Jesus Polanco, Luis Maria Anson and others all knew their relation before the engagement. I think after Eva, people were just glad that he was marrying a well educated Spanish woman instead of a foreign underwear model.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:01 pm »

She also knew that she would be killed by the press after all she was a member; that time Felipe was not as silly as with Eva when he tried to sell her through Hello which didn't work.

The press always knows more about the royal family than they say because there has always been a autocensorship when talking about the SRF. The members of the RF are also friends with the press owners as you say. Moreover the king tried until the last minute to stop the marriage. My own theory is that the last war between the king and the prince was public and the king won as he didn't marry Eva, but a similar fight in public would have harmed the monarchy.

With Leti it was more ok she is not what everyone wanted but at least is spanish plus they tried to sell her as the best thing since slice bread, if the relationship had been public before the engagement it would have been more difficult for Felipe to marry her.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 11:41:58 pm »

thumbsup  Exactly.

[/URL]
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 11:45:18 pm »

I don't understand why people don't like her...

Because she does not have past? She was looking for a prince! She lived... She did more than many people that are princess at this moment did!
Maxima always had a good life, after all her father was very important at argentina! She didn't need to work hard!
Mary dispite all, always wanted a rich guy, remeber what she did to won Frederik...
Vitoria was a crown princess, works hard, but she was a life and a education for that... but look at her sister (dispite i like her...) she is living with the 2nd man in her life...
Kate... I need to say anything? mum and dad did all for her...

Well letizia worked hard to have a job, she pay all her bills... and she is bad? How many princess only dress closes from her country? Mary loves Prada, Maxima Gucci and all other... Mette Valentino... But letizia is always helping Spain in this...

She also knew that she would be killed by the press after all she was a member; that time Felipe was not as silly as with Eva when he tried to sell her through Hello which didn't work.

The press always knows more about the royal family than they say because there has always been a autocensorship when talking about the SRF. The members of the RF are also friends with the press owners as you say. Moreover the king tried until the last minute to stop the marriage. My own theory is that the last war between the king and the prince was public and the king won as he didn't marry Eva, but a similar fight in public would have harmed the monarchy.

With Leti it was more ok she is not what everyone wanted but at least is spanish plus they tried to sell her as the best thing since slice bread, if the relationship had been public before the engagement it would have been more difficult for Felipe to marry her.
I don't agree... I believe that are people that knew about it... people saw them... they knew it but they didn't told anything...

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 11:57:19 pm »

I'm agreeing, the press knew and didn't say anything. Imo because they didn't think he would marry her, because neither the king or Felipe didn't want us to know.

Because the rest of the princesses are not appropiate choices doesn't mean Leti is better, all of them in different proportions have been a bad choice and I'm sure that we will see in the future the problems they will cause.

Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2012, 12:02:33 am »

Look at Diana! she was a proper choice... but Diana was not the love of charles... maybe if he maried who he want, the BRF did not had so many scandals...

Dispite evrything, I think that they are all happy... You can see that Mette and HAkoon are very very happy and  still love each other and show it in public, like any other royal couple... (Ok william and kate  are not on this one...) if they are happy and have a happy family is what matter...
Because people can have a title, can have education, but live with someone that you don't like.. like many people do,, well this can take so much problems!!!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2012, 12:11:44 am »

Being romantic in public doesn't mean anything, and if they don't like the limitations on who they can marry there is always the option to renounce.

I love that now royals have all the privileges but nearly no sacrifices.

partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2012, 12:28:41 am »

The media bosses knew about their relation, they probably respected the opinions of Felipe and Letizia not to tell yet. The yellow press didn't know (they belong to the lowest level), I remember Jaime Penafiel said a day before the announcement on TV the new girlfriend of the Prince was a 26-year-old journalist, obviously he didn't know who she was.
Byechoc, agree that I never understand why some liked a spoiled and lazy royal girl like Madde more than a hard working woman like Letizia. Letizia was divorced, not looking good on paper, but she didn't have any kid from her previous marriage, thus no real burden. The other CPsses also had lived with their previous boyfriends, no virgins either.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2012, 12:59:00 am »

I'm agreeing, the press knew and didn't say anything. Imo because they didn't think he would marry her, because neither the king or Felipe didn't want us to know.

Because the rest of the princesses are not appropiate choices doesn't mean Leti is better, all of them in different proportions have been a bad choice and I'm sure that we will see in the future the problems they will cause.

I agree too.
If some are saying now that the Country and world press were not shocked by his choice of Letizia the divorced news reader that's just rewriting history. Letizia was not seen as a positive choice at the time, the doyenes at some point refused to meet her, then I think showed up.
And her engagment interview , introduction did not go over well the press hated her, when she cut the Prince off or seemed to, the public was not rejoicing about Letizia. She was seen as harsh, common and people were saying he hid her because he knew the tabloid press would rip her to shreds. I think they thought he would not marry this divorced woman and YES it was a big deal at the time.
If Isabel's parents being divorce was a big deal, then Felipe marrying a divorcee was a huge deal.
It's not about liking her or disliking her, but she was not viewed as a great choice at the time, but I have to admit now she has proven herself and been a hardworking Princess. Much kudos to her.

[/URL]
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2012, 01:08:20 am »

'Let me finish' was exaggerated by certain yellow press journalists, especially the ones who disliked her, for example Jaime Penafiel, I doubt the public cared that much.  I didn't even notice that much when i watched the press conference live. Later I watched the video again after the comments from the heart programs, still didn't find it a big deal. She said it in a playful tone, Felipe was laughing like a teenager. Maxima called Willem-Alexander dumb (he is dumb) in the engagement press conference, nobody in Netherland cared.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2012, 03:42:43 am »

Being romantic in public doesn't mean anything, and if they don't like the limitations on who they can marry there is always the option to renounce.

I love that now royals have all the privileges but nearly no sacrifices.

You know, the limitations are there to protect the princes from making stupid choices and the point of a consort is to enable the rest of 'good society' to show deference required without creating resentment on the part of the women and men who will be required to bow the neck/bend the knee. When you think about it, I wonder if the doyenes would have objected if Letizia had been from among their class or a foreign princess. I think the idiot princes should renounce their places if a princess or aristocrat isn't good enough for them. Courtiers put up wiht enough from the royals they serve to not really end up scraping and bowing before women who they themselves owuld never marry.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2012, 12:06:18 pm »

Peñafiel has never been yellow press, he has been the editor of Hello and been friends with the jet set forever, even best friend with a Rato, and I'm sure all journalists knew but didn't say anything. After all was a Terelu Campos who said that Leti was the girlfriend and more trashy than her is difficult to find.

I perfectly remember Peñafiel saying that he didn't say anything about Leti because he couldn't believe that the king would accept such a marriage.

Maxima may have said whatever she wanted in her interview but no one can deny that people in Spain cared and it was a huge issue at that moment.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: