Royal Gossip
June 17, 2019, 06:11:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Felipe & Letizia's Marriage Thread  (Read 65584 times)
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2013, 07:21:22 pm »

I don't know if Felipe went around with his children on Dec 29th or 30th (not Christmas) was true or not, but I do think twitter is a bit more reliable than those tabloid tale tellers. Is is any twitter message of seeing Leti in Miami or airports (I think not) ? Sure gossip is a buffet, if you want to believe the worst, chose the worst one to post, it's your choice, I only mentioned there were other stories out there that countered those no-evidence rumors.
I was replying Kuei Fei about why Felipe (or Zarzuela) should protect Leti (or her family) ? Only recently there were news of Leti talking to journalists to leave some breathing room to Telma, good for her since she can't rely on Zarzuela or anyone else.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2013, 05:20:41 am »

She is forty.

All the more reason she should have it together.

I'm getting REALLY tired of princes (and sometimes men in general) taking up with tarts, being SO protective of them, when the women in question should be more than able to take care of themselves. I mean, Charles pushed his wife to 'get on with it,' but was so caring and protective of Camilla. Felipe/Haakon/William marry 'women of the world' (to put it mildly) and are SO chivalrous about their constant failures to do their job right and dress right, but can't do enough for them.

Meanwhile women who have it together might want a little love and affection and chivalry, but they are expected to just get on with it. Young kids are expected to 'get on with it' and the elderly are supposed to 'get on with it' and meanwhile, those who are leeching, get all the perks and the kindness. Kate/Mette/Leti get all the kindness and titles and perks and chivalry, at ages when they are supposed to be able to look after themselves.

Letizia is forty and has been CP for what, a decade now? She should be at a point in time when this comes easy to her.

I hope Felipe is happy, being Daddy to a fully grown adult who should be taking good care of herself. She's someone who is not a child bride like Diana was. Felipe has two daughters and he apparently married a woman who insists on being the center of his world and insists on being frail and damaged.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2013, 07:40:32 am »

Kuei Fei, I have no idea why you were comparing Leti to Kate or MM, both have been extremely protected by their RF. If Leti works as little as Kate, or is irresponsible or lazy as MM, the SRF or the Spanish press would have thrown her out already.
I think leti has gradually learned to protect herself and her family, it's not easy in Spain, you have to be powerful at first.  About Felipe, he better hides himself behind his wife.
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2013, 10:49:09 pm »

Kuei Fei, I have no idea why you were comparing Leti to Kate or MM, both have been extremely protected by their RF. If Leti works as little as Kate, or is irresponsible or lazy as MM, the SRF or the Spanish press would have thrown her out already.
I think leti has gradually learned to protect herself and her family, it's not easy in Spain, you have to be powerful at first.  About Felipe, he better hides himself behind his wife.
worship worship Well Letizia is a hard worker! Unlike Kate and Mette Marit!
Spanish press can be terrible! And Letizia for many years had cruel atacks!

Well said!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2013, 07:53:07 pm »

That absoluteldy not true, the spanish press is no better or worse than in other countries. It is also not true that the media offers a negative view of Leti in general.

Important newspapars in Spain: Abc (monarchist), La Razón (right - monarchist), El Pais (left - pro Leti) and El Mundo (right but ambiguous about Leti and the rest of the SRF).

Mags: Hello (obvious, no?) Lecturas (very pro Leti) Semana (maybe 90% in favour) Pronto (this one is the only who is more scandalous about her but it's also the less glam)

TV: TVE (state tv always positive view on SRF), Antena 3 (kinda right - positive), T5 (Berlusconni channel - ambiguous*)

We can count with the two hands which journos speak against Leti in any of the previous mentioned media channels. Only in Vanitatis which can only be read in internet you can read negative opinions on Leti continuously. That's not to say that the others never say something against Leti but they are the exception and not the norm.

I know I forgot about a couple but it doesn't change the fact that they are all pro Leti and/or pro SRF. If there another media who has another view please tell, I will add it to my reads.

The spanish press could have gone to the jugular with Leti but they didn't. Leti has never suffered what Eva Sannum did, they treated her with kid gloves.  huh

* T5 is a very strange channel to define but at this time is the only one who has gossip programmes. Peñafiel is in one of them but the host is always scolding him for saying bad things about Leti. However, they are the ones who started the thing about the photos of her first wedding and her second cousin has gone a couple of times to talk about her.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2013, 05:49:32 pm »

If the programs really didn't like what Jaime Penafiel said, why did they bother to invite him to the shows ? At least in other countries they don't have anyone like Jaime Penafiel or Paloma Barrientos or a lowly/tacky tabloid TV show like Salvame.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2013, 10:39:25 pm »

Felipe was seen with Eva Sannum (for those who don't know he wanted to marry her but she was a lingerie model and it was a no go) during the last Christmas in the Alps

the article

http://www.elsingulardigital.cat/cat/notices/2013/04/vidal_el_princep_felip_i_eva_sannum_es_van_trobar_fa_quatre_mesos_93854.php

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2013, 11:11:20 pm »

Didn't the Spanish royals spent Christmas in Madrid, Felipe was seen with his daughters walking in the street a couple of days after Christmas ? Talking is free, show some proofs if there were lots of people in the restaurant they dined ? A picture from a camera phone ? LOL
I wouldn't take too seriously the gossips out of Catalan republicans or nationalists. Leti's trashy cousin's book didn't damage the monarchy much, they are trying a different story.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2013, 11:23:06 pm »

Yeah no photos either from the outing in Madrid and it's easier to make photos in the street than in a restaurant where bodyguards can check that you don't make them  easter-akasha

And he only says four months ago and as christmas is three weeks he could have gone in another time.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:29:15 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2013, 11:32:21 pm »

Yeah no photos either from the outing in Madrid and it's easier to make photos in the street than in a restaurant where bodyguards can check that you don't make them  easter-akasha

It's rather easy to pretend talking, then take a picture in a sit down crowded restaurant. Switzerland isn't Spain, how could bodyguards stop 'foreigners' playing their phones ?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2013, 11:39:52 pm »

Yeah as if you find yourself intimidated by a bodyguard who is checking no one makes photographs and you don't follow his orders. Plus it's not as if they were in a MacDonald's, in a posh restaurant you don't expect people doing photos.

But if it is so easy why no photos of Felipe in the Christmas fair with the children?  easter-akasha

partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2013, 11:49:39 pm »

Yeah as if you find yourself intimidated by a bodyguard who is checking no one makes photographs and you don't follow his orders. Plus it's not as if they were in a MacDonald's, in a posh restaurant you don't expect people doing photos.

But if it is so easy why no photos of Felipe in the Christmas fair with the children?  easter-akasha

How could bodyguards walking around, checking at people at a posh restaurant in a foreign country ? When Felipe was out of country, he had 4 bodyguards at most, unlike in Spain, he can have a team, nobody can get close to him.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2013, 12:02:38 am »

I find much more difficult to believe that he went to a chistmas fair with his children and no one made a photo than that no one made a photo in a posh restaurant of Eva and him.  bored3

Plus a lot of people have seen them in other places and other spanish journos have mentioned this.  eating cookies But yeah the problem are the catalan nationalists, oh but also those trashy spanish journos  eating cookies

partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2013, 12:16:41 am »

I find much more difficult to believe that he went to a chistmas fair with his children and no one made a photo than that no one made a photo in a posh restaurant of Eva and him.  bored3

Plus a lot of people have seen them in other places and other spanish journos have mentioned this.  eating cookies But yeah the problem are the catalan nationalists, oh but also those trashy spanish journos  eating cookies

How do you know those rumors in Spain were not from the same source, or if not, from some internet weirdos ? If Felipe had been all over the world with Eva, I don't believe all those years there was not one single picture appeared.
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2013, 12:32:13 am »

Didn't you mention Felipe walking with his daughters in the Christmas fair in order to support the rumor that Leti left them behind in Spain, now you have a better rumor to believe that actually Felipe was in Switzerland, Leti was in somewhere else already, then where were Leonor and Sofia ? LOL.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2013, 05:44:43 am »

Princess Letizia Runs Away From Mallorca, Spain And Her Husband Felipe: Marital Trouble For The Heir To The Crown?
http://www.latintimes.com/articles/7636/20130821/princess-letizia-runs-away-mallorca-spain-husband.htm#.Uhbn2T_D-V5
Princess Letizia of Spain is facing an alleged crisis in her marriage with the heir to the crown, Felipe de Borbon. Letizia left the traditional summer destination of Mallorca, leaving behind the royal family of her husband, and Princesses Leonor and Sofia. From the island of Mallorca, Letizia returned to Madrid, where she then took a flight to the Swiss city of Zurich.
Letizia has been shirking many of her royal responsibilities, including holidays on Mallorca. This summer she has only spent 5 days on the island, staying on the island is part of her duties as heiress to the crown. Following her public responsibilities, the royal family normally enjoys private holidays with her husband and their daughters, paid for entirely by the Spaniard people.

It is still unclear if Prince Felipe, who returned to Madrid after his wife, will complete his royal duties this summer or simply meet Letizia in a remote location. Currently, the heir to the throne is in Paraguay to mark the inauguration of the new president, Horacio Cartes. The couple has seemed increasingly more distant in recent months.

Maybe they just needed some time away from each other?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2013, 07:18:15 am »

Why would she need time away from her husband? It's her JOB to be there two steps behind; sexist, but c'mon, that is the way it goes!

Letizia left the traditional summer destination of Mallorca, leaving behind the royal family of her husband, and Princesses Leonor and Sofia. From the island of Mallorca, Letizia returned to Madrid, where she then took a flight to the Swiss city of Zurich.

has been shirking many of her royal responsibilities, including holidays on Mallorca. This summer she has only spent 5 days on the island, staying on the island is part of her duties as heiress to the crown.

Here are images of Mallorca: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=chr-greentree_ff&va=mallorca

Her 'job' means she stays there for a while and go figure, she can't stick around? I don't think she has a lot of gratitude; she has a to die for husband, adorable daughters, and her duty is to spend time on a tropical paradise to ensure that goodwill relations remain. What on earth can be so vital to her that she has to up and leave for Switzerland?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2013, 02:42:31 pm »

Well, I am sorry but this is too far-fetched for my taste.
There is nothing that says she should stay on Mallorca for the entire duration of the vacation. For all we know she is just gone for a few days, spending time with her sister, her mother or a friend. I have many friends who also use their vacation to unwind a bit from their difficult and demanding 'job' as mother. No matter how many nannies you might have, children can be very tiresome at times and in order to fully recharge her battery after a very difficult year for the entire Spanish RF, she and her husband perhaps decided that it would be a good idea for her to spend some time with her parents, just as he is spending time with his parents at Mallorca at the moment.

Fact is that these newspapers need to make up these stories, because trouble in a marriage will sell more newspapers than a marriage where everything is all peachy-perfect.
Whenever I see pictures of the couple together, the prince seems rather attentive towards his wife and she to him. I saw some images online at the opera when they were boo-ed by some people present and she looked so hurt and also a bit worried to the prince, as feeling deeply sorry for him. I'll try to find the images.
To me the images showed a couple who is going through a hard time, not because of their marriage but because the problems Spain is facing and the problems Inaki has caused for the family.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2013, 03:39:27 am »

Princess Letizia, Prince Felipe Marriage Problems: 5 Things To Know About Royal Couple Of Spain
http://www.latintimes.com/articles/7709/20130823/princess-letizia-prince-felipe-marriage-problems-rumors.htm#.UhgcXz_D-V5

hoping these 2 can work it out
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2013, 05:18:33 am »

Anyone can project marital happiness in a marriage, in public. Look at how the Clintons behaved.

The problems in the RF are not her problems, they are the problems of Cristina and Inaki; she has her own family and her own life with Felipe.

surmounting amount of pressure, to relieve this, she has reportedly asked Felipe to give her some private space,
seeking out a remote area, far away from the pressure of Royal life and Spain,

What pressure?

Her job is supposed to support Felipe and compared to the BRF, I would say her position as Crown Princess is not as pressure filled. In fact, the position of crown princess is a skate job compared to what most do on a daily basis. First Ladies have high pressure positions because of the support their husbands need who actually run a country.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: