Royal Gossip
August 20, 2017, 10:46:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles lobbies Ministers - Now the letters must be made public  (Read 39234 times)
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2015, 01:36:13 am »

^ Not a member of the royal family .

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2015, 04:01:47 am »

Most definitely including members of the royal family - most of whom are also eligible to vote (Camilla, Kate, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Sophie, Anne, Birgitte, Katherine, Michael and Marie-Christine are all HRHs but all have the right to vote as they are commoners).

The Queen makes her views known and it was reported in the late 1990s that she told Mr Blair that she wouldn't sign legislation that removed some of her powers - so the legislation wasn't even brought before the parliament. She interferes a lot more than we are told and Charles does nothing more than he is allowed to do - as do his sons and siblings as well.

They have the same rights as any other citizen with regard to contacting ministers of the government and expressing their points of view.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2015, 12:36:08 pm »

The RF are not supposed to meddle in politics and the fact the ER does too doesn't make what PC does right.  He is only interfering for his own advantage, as does ER.  His meddling probably wouldn't be seen as a problem if he was doing so with the best interests of his future subjects in  mind.  We can all vote and write to MP's etc but none of us have the clout PC and ER do - they should butt out.  

In cases like this I wish for a real left-leaning PM like Corbyn
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2015, 03:55:46 pm »

^Correct, they are not meant to meddle in politics, that is what we are always told, hence all the trouble gone to to release chucky´s letters, and we can see now why he did not want us to see them.  He probably gets a say in  many things but we just don´t get to hear about them, but now we know it is happening, confirmed as well.  If they were allowed to meddle in politics and it was confirmed public knowledge then there is the little question of why was it kept secret.  If things are legitimate and above board you have no need to them.  A lot of their little secrets coming out now, and long over due.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2015, 11:12:42 pm »

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt

The BBC has learnt that the Duke of Cambridge does receive Cabinet papers. He is given them occasionally.
Cabinet Office: "The Duke of Cambridge is a senior member of the royal family and future heir to the throne and therefore of course ...
Prince William is given the gov documents to help him understand the workings of Whitehall and to prepare him for when he is King

I wonder if i want to be  Normal William understands what he's reading .I'm sure Charles does . It is more scary that William gets a hold of them then Charles
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:18:37 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
marion
Duchess

« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2015, 11:16:05 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35116875

Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2015, 04:36:58 pm »

I tottally agree with you fly wills imatureness and gov papers dont mix

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #267 on: December 17, 2015, 05:49:06 pm »

It's normal that Charles gets info. He's the heir and the Queen is 90. Anything can happen in a day.

But there's a difference between getting privileged knowledge and using it and his position to influence elected politicians.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #268 on: April 03, 2016, 01:37:55 pm »

Ministers rapped for keeping Prince Charles' letters secret

SCOTLAND’S information watchdog has found the Scottish Government guilty of breaching freedom of information law by keeping ‘black spider’ letters from Prince Charles secret.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14400609.Ministers_rapped_for_keeping_Prince_Charles__letters_secret/
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2016, 07:14:19 pm »

Why didn't the idiot just write the notes on self igniting paper?
or send highly encrypted e-mails through a dummy account.
He should have watched more Bond movies, smuck!

It's such a no-brainer really
If you want do something naughty/ risky that anyone might use against you at some point you:
A think very hard on whether it's worth the risk
B get rid of potential evidence afterwards
C make sure you have plausible deniability, a potential scapegoat to take the fall and get a solid alibi

Really Charles, 60+ years in the RF and you still don't know the basic's....color me disappointed!
Tsk tsk tks!  bignono

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2016, 02:44:30 am »

^One word: HUBRIS

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #271 on: June 26, 2016, 05:57:00 pm »

Just to be clear my last post was pure snark and sarcasm.
He is an idiot to write and stick his nose where it doesn't belong.

― Stuart Chase

― Deanna Wadsworth
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: