Royal Gossip
August 20, 2017, 10:35:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles lobbies Ministers - Now the letters must be made public  (Read 39231 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2015, 04:25:20 pm »

Prince Charles's senior aide pulls apart Michael Crick's microphone as he tries to ask him question

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/11602561/Prince-Charless-senior-aide-pulls-apart-Michael-Cricks-microphone-as-he-tries-to-ask-him-question.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2015, 04:52:50 pm »

^Well, now.  There should be a job opening coming up for a Senior Aide to PC if anybody's interested. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2015, 07:37:02 pm »

Shows a total lack of self control in public, and at the same time very revealing.  Why all the tension and etc if (a) nothing to hide and (b) if he is not still writing letters.  Talk about give the game away big time.  He needs to get rid of her, doing him no favours at all right now.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2015, 09:51:06 pm »

Dimbo cameron on TV tonight defending the letters and said that they had put measures in force to keep letters private now and that he had had several meetings with chucky.  He should not be writing letters like that, let alone dimbo cameron putting measures in place to keep them private.  The rf need a good shake up and made to toe the line, getting beyond a joke now with all their lies, deceit and fraud.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2015, 01:31:09 am »

Charles is not educated or experienced in anything beyond appearances and doing pet projects like building eco villages and of course, yammering via speeches. He is not educated or trained or experienced in economics or diplomacy or trade, or anything else of relevance. If these spider messages end up being brought more out into the open and he's been manipulating things behind the back of the public then of course, he should be pilloried. Among the long lines of his ancestors, he's the most pointlessly educated. In the past princes learned EVERYTHING, which is why it's a lifetime role. With all his time and money he should be MUCH better educated in trade, diplomacy, be trained and educated in economics and then he might be an asset as monarch.

As for Cameron, he should be working for the nation, not the Crown. When the Crown made sacrifices and took care of the country, the people respected the monarchy. Cameron should be bringing Charles to account and Charles is insanely lucky that it's not a Labor MP in power right now.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2015, 01:32:12 pm »

I’m a Conservative, but Prince Charles’s lobbying shows the monarchy must go
Kate Maltby

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/14/conservative-prince-charles-lobbying-monarchy-black-spider?CMP=share_btn_fb

The British royal family is an age-old institution held in high esteem throughout much of the world. With a cuddly, unassuming old lady as their figurehead, the royals have clung to power for decades.

Now though, with the all too real prospect of King Charles III looming on the horizon, should we be worried that this family of patronising, privileged elitists has too much power?

http://www.konbini.com/en/lifestyle/topic_society/politics/down-with-the-monarchy/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:36:43 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2015, 02:29:36 pm »

Dimbo cameron on TV tonight defending the letters and said that they had put measures in force to keep letters private now and that he had had several meetings with chucky.  He should not be writing letters like that, let alone dimbo cameron putting measures in place to keep them private.  The rf need a good shake up and made to toe the line, getting beyond a joke now with all their lies, deceit and fraud.

Cameron is a dangerously stupid toady who should have just left his mouth shut. No, they shouldn't be writing letters like that, BUT he seems to show an interest and a care that is lacking in his stupid eldest son. Maybe good intentions, but he has to assume an air of neutrality.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:33:22 pm by Snowpea » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2015, 08:17:11 pm »

Stupid Charles has to understand that when he's messing with the neutrality, he's setting up his son William to be able to meddle, along with his nasty wife Duchess Kate, whose family is so determined to grab power that it's frightening. Charles isn't thinking of the future, he's thinking only of himself.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2015, 02:49:00 pm »

Stupid Charles has to understand that when he's messing with the neutrality, he's setting up his son William to be able to meddle, along with his nasty wife Duchess Kate, whose family is so determined to grab power that it's frightening. Charles isn't thinking of the future, he's thinking only of himself.

Seriously hope he leaves Billy to sink or swim.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2015, 04:38:20 pm »

There are a couple of untidy things going on here the more I think on it.  PC has been in a state of public impotence for so long that I can see how this makes him feel 'important'.  From what I can see, the prime minister or anybody listening to him pretty much toadies about but doesn't take action unless it's politically prudent to do so and would have anyway without PC butting in. 

However, as a non-elected official, what I don't get is instead of popping off these undoubtedly highly annoying missives, how about getting himself and his family fully engaged in the charitable arms of all of these issues?  That's his real job.  I could sit here all day long and write to Obama about Core Math and poverty in the US but instead I choose to petition the core math indoctrination whenever possible, support the local grade schools and volunteer with our local soup kitchens and give out food parcels through my church.  Community Activism if you will.  If I can do it, so can he. 

The problem with this is that it's kind of benign now but when he becomes King, if he outlives his mother (doubtful), he'll continue this but with more muscle.  I don't object to his interests; they are, mostly, admirable but it's a thin line he's walking on.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2015, 08:05:42 pm »

Prince Charles's letters reveal hospital and building concerns
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33011471

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2015, 02:56:53 am »

Thanks for sharing.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #252 on: August 30, 2015, 07:43:10 pm »

More meddling from PC - I hope the Scottish government stand up to him unlike the wimp we have in Downing Street - Nicola Sturgeon seems like someone with a bit of backbone unlike call-me-dave

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3216159/Black-spider-memos-Prince-Charles-lobbied-Alex-Salmond-stately-home-castle-Highlands-food-brand.html
marion
Duchess

« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2015, 06:47:31 pm »

The Guardian has just reported the Republic's research  that shows Prince Charles is routinely given access to confidential Cabinet papers.

https://republic.org.uk/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=414&qid=1437364

Republic has written to David Cameron to demand the government stops giving Charles access to these papers as the documents would give Charles a major advantage when lobbying ministers. He would also benefit from access to market sensitive information without any need to disclose his financial interests.
The revelation came from the Cabinet Office 'Precedent Book' released to Republic's researchers under a Freedom of Information request. The research is part of a new Royal Secrets report to be launched this week. 

Graham Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Republic,  told the media today that "Charles has no legitimate need to see Cabinet papers at all. His political and private interests and the high degree of secrecy surrounding his lobbying mean there is a real danger this information can be abused without any possibility of accountability."

https://republic.org.uk/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=414&qid=1437364
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2015, 06:52:09 pm »

Cameron won't stop Charles, he's too much of a toady to the royal family and it's not like he has the guts to stand up to HM and ask HM to put a stop to it. I do know that each time Charles meddles, it only gives more ammunition to his enemies and to the enemies of the institution of monarchy. I do think that if someone like Tony Blair gets into power, it won't be just the royal perks that get trimmed, but serious cuts against the RF themselves. Charles is making the BRF vulnerable to legitimate attacks against them.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2015, 06:55:11 pm »

ITA re Cameron - he's a useless waste of space if ever there was one. 

I think it would need a more left-leaning Labour leader to deal with the RF though - Corbyn would be the man to do it but he has about as  much chance of becoming PM as a snowball's chance in hell
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2015, 07:41:03 pm »

The last time the Windsors ended up making such a mess of things, Blair was elected. It is likely that a radical reformer could be elected and start snipping away at the Windsor's meddling and of course, expose Charles' meddling and have the Cambridges brought into line. Cameron needs to stop worrying about the Windsors and start worrying about the country. Charles himself is out of control and is someone who is only setting himself up for a backlash.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #257 on: December 15, 2015, 08:53:40 pm »

It has been normal practice throughout the 20th century and even earlier for the heir to the throne to see the same papers as the monarch, except for the most sensitive ones.

There are photos of the then Princess Elizabeth actually discussing the papers with her father when she was still in her teens and she did the same thing with both Charles and William as part of their training. Charles has to know what is going on unless they want a situation whereby he becomes King and knows nothing and has to take time to learn - meaning a stopping of the government while he gets up to speed.

One of the biggest criticisms of Queen Victoria was that she wouldn't let her heir see these papers but she did so in the late 1890s.

Edward VII had George V see them from the very beginning of his reign and George repeated the situation with Edward VII.

This isn't even newsworthy as it is common practice and has been for ages.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #258 on: December 15, 2015, 10:09:57 pm »

This isn't just viewing papers, he's actively trying to tell ministers how the country should be run.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2015, 10:33:05 pm »

Which every citizen has the right to do.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: