Royal Gossip
April 26, 2019, 03:22:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 78035 times)
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2012, 08:31:11 am »

I like their Christmas Card!!!  thumbsup
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2012, 02:32:31 pm »

sorry  Embarrassed

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=158535241&EditorialProduct=Royalty

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2012, 03:38:53 pm »

Well Charles did try to act as if it was his Jubilee year so of course he would use this photo for his Christmas card.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2013, 02:17:57 pm »

There are photos of Camilla first wedding? I've never seen them.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2013, 11:24:14 pm »

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/52180049-camilla-shand-and-major-andrew-parker-bowles-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QDV6GNyjj4%2Fyg%2FHiRfYHkZNpkn9PB0bZTN1%2BGtHK3BwS
Here ya go, Alexandrine!
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2013, 11:46:31 pm »

i can't see ...

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2013, 10:13:46 pm »

me either but I see that they are from getty so:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/the-wedding-of-andrew-parker-bowles-and-camilla-shand-at-news-photo/3260826

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/camilla-shand-and-captain-andrew-parker-bowles-outside-the-news-photo/3337699

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/camilla-shand-and-captain-andrew-parker-bowles-on-the-steps-news-photo/3347042

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/camilla-shand-arrives-at-the-guards-chapel-for-her-wedding-news-photo/3416680

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/camilla-shand-and-major-andrew-parker-bowles-pose-with-news-photo/52180052

I still cannot see what women saw in Parker Bowles

Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2013, 01:19:29 am »

^ They were most likely looking for a social standing but for Camilla I believe it was because she truly loved him and still does.
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2013, 02:15:13 am »

The younger Camilla reminds me of an (uglier) Sienna Miller sometimes Lips Sealed
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2013, 12:18:08 am »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-baby-prince-charles-1545462
The sale comes just weeks after the Sunday Mirror revealed Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton’s family were selling “little prince and princess” products through their Party Pieces business.

The Middletons were accused of cashing in on the birth, expected in July.

Eco-friendly Charles has gone for wooden worms, pigs and mice between £10 and £25 and discounted pink baby shoes... perhaps a hint that he’s expecting the new third in line to the throne to be a girl.

In a message next to the boots, the website says: “The perfect gift and ­keepsake. Made from soft safe, breathable vegetable-dyed leather.”

Another Grandparent cashing in? I want to know how far along she is that they may know the sex of the child already.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2013, 12:59:50 am »

Thanks!  Hi

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2013, 11:39:16 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9835242/Prince-Charles-interested-by-abdication.html

Not sure whether to believe this or not.  If he did say it, how disgusting to allow it to find its way into the media.  The UK is not the Netherlands.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2013, 11:55:30 am »

I think it is disgusting that he makes it so plain he is desperate to inherit the throne, when it means his mother would have to die. It's just cold and selfish.

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2013, 12:27:41 pm »

This man appears to interfere in government on a regular and undisclosed basis. The fact that the number of times he does so is kept secret is a major cause for concern.

Having failed the 11+, been allowed into Cambridge without the same level of educational qualifications as the rest and left without a degree, the question is:

What are his qualifications for lobbying government other than the identity of his mother?

The above was a comment taken from the article. Did he leave without a degree? From memory I did not think that his A levels were good enough for Cambridge.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2013, 01:52:08 pm »

BS The Daily Telegraph is getting worse than The Daily Fail now days and that is saying something...
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2013, 03:13:45 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9835242/Prince-Charles-interested-by-abdication.html

Not sure whether to believe this or not.  If he did say it, how disgusting to allow it to find its way into the media.  The UK is not the Netherlands.

I can believe it Charles has been whining about wanting the throne for years.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2013, 05:37:13 am »

This man appears to interfere in government on a regular and undisclosed basis. The fact that the number of times he does so is kept secret is a major cause for concern.

Having failed the 11+, been allowed into Cambridge without the same level of educational qualifications as the rest and left without a degree, the question is:

What are his qualifications for lobbying government other than the identity of his mother?

The above was a comment taken from the article. Did he leave without a degree? From memory I did not think that his A levels were good enough for Cambridge.

I've always taken the official bio as true, but maybe the writer has other information.  Charles doesn't really seem all that bright, when I think about it.  Here's what his website bio says:

The Prince, who had already passed six O Levels, also took A Levels and was awarded a grade B in history and a C in French, together with a distinction in an optional special history paper in July 1967.

The Prince went to Cambridge University in 1967 to read archaeology and anthropology at Trinity College. He changed to history for the second part of his degree, and in 1970 was awarded a 2:2 degree.

IMO a senior royal should be getting As and Bs and not C grades, especially in French because he would have been surrounded by French speakers his entire life (HM, PP and QEQM all spoke French... not as fluent as an advanced speaker but enough to help Charles get more than a C).  How can you get a C when you don't have to work part time, and you can afford the best tutors money can buy.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2013, 06:24:46 am »

^

An ordinary person would have not been accepted to Cambridge with B's and C's. Most applicants have 4 A's or three A's and a B and still probably have to take an entrance test.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2013, 07:21:17 am »

IMO a senior royal should be getting As and Bs and not C grades, especially in French because he would have been surrounded by French speakers his entire life (HM, PP and QEQM all spoke French... not as fluent as an advanced speaker but enough to help Charles get more than a C).  How can you get a C when you don't have to work part time, and you can afford the best tutors money can buy.

Because he refused to man up and take control of his education; it's the same reason William apparently decided not to learn anything practical and useful towards his future role. It was just for the 'experience' and the 'fun' and the 'normalcy.' Not about being practical.

Such a shame since in the past monarchs and royals were often heavily educated.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2013, 07:55:14 am »

^^Thanks for the local info, Freya.  In NZ the only limited entry programmes are for things like medicine and law.  Anyone can enrol in a liberal arts/humanities type programme that the royals seem to go for.

It's interesting because HM's cousin the Duke of Gloucester went to Cambridge and was quite an intellectual.  I think of Prince Philip as an intelligent person. Who knows what he might have achieved if he had gone to university.   HM is smart but not a towering intellect per se.  How did Charles end up so thick?  Maybe his personality issues and extracurricular activities were a distraction.  Hard to focus on the books when you can't get away from the mirror,  tehe

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: