Royal Gossip
October 23, 2017, 11:36:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 62975 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #380 on: September 13, 2016, 05:19:23 pm »

It's the business of the taxpayers when he's putting their money in Camilla's pockets. Nothing Charles has is his own, in the sense that he took nothing and made something. The money he has is all from the taxpayers and shouldn't be going to his mistress.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #381 on: October 09, 2016, 10:43:40 pm »

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/royals/1844595/Prince-Charles-Camillas-tin-joke.html

FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #382 on: January 02, 2017, 10:27:09 pm »

Do you think that Prince Charles took the demise of Earl Louis Mountbatten of Burma harder than Prince Philip did?

Really A Baron
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2017, 06:32:11 am »

Louis was a meddler, I'm sure Philip and Elizabeth got over it quite quickly.. I know the QM did.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #384 on: January 18, 2017, 07:48:36 am »

Do you think that Prince Charles
took the demise of Earl Louis Mountbatten of Burma harder than Prince Philip did?

Yes; Charles was wounded at the loss of his honorary father and frankly Lord Louis was the one who drilled it into his head that he could only marry a virgin, while sleeping with everything that walked before he decided to settle down.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #385 on: January 18, 2017, 02:45:47 pm »

Charles carried the "getting experience" thing too far selecting married women and the "senior" mistress getting above herself. There was a letter where Mountbatten was sick of the way Charles was behaving and warned him he would end up like his great uncle David. The Queen Mum another Edwardian instilled in Charles that he was "special" and "above" ethical behavior and could more or less do what he pleased.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #386 on: January 18, 2017, 11:41:47 pm »

So gross. Married women should be off limits. As for unmarried women, men can't expect to marry a virgin if they're sleeping around, there will be no virgins left. And no virgin is going to want to marry a man who can't control himself.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #387 on: January 19, 2017, 02:16:09 am »

He only messed with those who were outside of his class; Camilla was not titled or from the senior aristocracy. Once while Charles was dating Lady Sarah Spencer, Charles went clubbing with this socialite named Chantal; someone asked Sarah about how  she (Sarah) felt and Sarah replied that she didn't feel insecure since Chantal was not 'one of them' and therefore not a contender for Charles' hand on marriage. Charles also blew through beauty queens, models, and basically messed with all and sundry but didn't marry any of them.

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2017, 06:52:32 am »

Charles always liked the Mumsy types .. the ones who spoiled him, and fussed over him,  like his Nanny Mabel and Granny did.  His valet Stephen B said Charles as an adult loved to to the old nursery at tea time.  sly

deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2017, 06:14:29 pm »

^ I hope this is the correct thread and I do apologise in advance if it isn't and mods feel they need to move it. flower

I am wondering how to pose this question I have without upsetting people or eliciting a groan and a roll of the eyes... laugh I know just very few of the basics and really not much else. So bear with me: exaclty who is Camilla Parker-Bowles? I know she is married to Prince Charles and she was married at least twice... she has a few children. ... but was she born in UK? Some people say she is not but I always thought she is English. I have also heard she is related to HMQ (and Fergie, too? dontknow) but others say English born but ancestors from across the pond. I know there is quite a lot of inaccurate information on internet (believe me I KNOW Shocked) but I am genuinely curious.  

I seem to think I have asked before so if anyone has answered me I didn't see it and/or forgot.  sorry I ahve also asked about PD but she was born in England. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:16:33 pm by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2017, 10:35:25 pm »

^deGuernsy, Here is a biography of Camilla:     
http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/camilla-parker-bowles-3461.php

Really A Baron
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #391 on: February 17, 2017, 02:10:18 am »

^ Thanks FLouis... I'll look at it tomorrow when I Ihave time. I do hope it answers my questions. thankyou

Barnabe et Kitty...
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #392 on: February 17, 2017, 02:46:26 am »

^ DeGuernsey, I can fill in some of the gaps, I think.

Camilla is completely British. Her father Bruce Shand, of Scottish descent, was the son of a well known architectural writer who was a friend of architects and furniture designers. Bruce's father and mother divorced when he was young and he, his mother and stepfather lived in the US, where his stepfather designed golf courses. Bruce was educated in England though. One of his half-sisters was Baroness Howe.

Bruce became an army officer and then a businessman and wine merchant. He married Rosalind Cubitt just after World War Two. They had a home in London and a home in the country. Bruce was later Lord Lieutenant of Sussex.

Camilla's mother Rosalind came from a wealthy and aristocratic family. She was the daughter of the 3rd Baron Ashcombe and her mother Sonia was the daughter of the Hon George Keppel and his wife Alice, who was the daughter of the Fourth Baronet Edmonstone and became mistress to King Edward VII. Her family had a castle in Ireland and were descendants of the Kings of Scotland, like the Queen, so they are related many times removed. Camilla is also descended from King Charles II.

Camilla married Andrew Parker Bowles in 1973 after floating around London doing secretarial work. The PBs are an old Roman Catholic family, descended from the Earls of Macclesfield, and APB's mother was Dame Ann de Trafford, daughter of  the 4th Baronet Sir Humphrey De Trafford, a multi millionare racehorse owner. APB's parents were close friends of the Queen Mother and he was a page at the Queen's Coronation. Andrew was an officer in the Household Cavalry, probably the smartest regiment, socially, in the British Army, and he later commanded it.

For years Camilla and Andrew had an open marriage and in 1995 they divorced. Andrew married Rosemary Pitman who is now dead. Camilla has two children by Andrew, Tom, a cookery writer and Laura. Laura is married to Harry Lopes who is the grandson of Baron Roborough, and is likely to inherit the title and estates in Scotland and Devon. Their daughter Eliza was bridesmaid at William and Kate's wedding.

So Camilla is British on both sides of her family, was brought up in the countryside in England, and has been married twice, once to APB and now to Charles. She has two children and comes from a country gentry background with links to the aristocracy.
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #393 on: February 17, 2017, 06:26:14 am »

^ Thank you Rosella. Yes, it does explain quite a lot. I just laugh whem people  say Camillla Cornwall has (Irish )Canadian and American ancestors or tll relations. But why make it up? It doesn't serve any purpose that I can think of except to use Camila C forntheir own social and maybe financial benefit? ?? Anyway, I am amazed you know so much about her. Are ypu related?

Barnabe et Kitty...
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2017, 09:27:33 am »

^ No, I'm not related to Camilla, DeGuernsey. Heaven forbid. I'm a Diana fan! I have read biographies on Charles and Camilla though. Alice, Camilla's greatgrandmother, as I posted, did have Irish blood and the family were related to the Scottish kings as well. She comes from very old gentry families on both sides and there might be some American blood in there from way back, who knows!
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #395 on: February 17, 2017, 11:12:57 am »

^  flower  thankyou
^^^^^ I just started reading the bio link FLouis gave me and I came across the words Camilla: philanthropist, humanitarian. ..  Shocked I don't *despise* on Camilla Cornwall but, really? REALLY?!!?  tehe off to read the rest. .. hopefully it's just as good... easter-bunny
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:17:17 am by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #396 on: February 17, 2017, 02:53:04 pm »

Charles spin knows no bounds. I am surprised the word "saint" was not listed there too considering...
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #397 on: February 17, 2017, 03:35:15 pm »

^ After reading the info provided by Rosella and FrLouis I decided to do a quick Google search of Camilla Cornwall and I found references to her Irish Canadian and American ancestry. What I read actually makes sense unlike the nonsense on wikitree genealogy site. I stand corrected ans no longer laugh when the above is mentioned. Unless someone is quoting wiki.  laugh

Barnabe et Kitty...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #398 on: February 17, 2017, 04:39:20 pm »

Camilla's paternal great grandfather is unknown. It is doubtful she is the great granddaughter of Alice Keppel's husband. There were rumors Alice Keppel's daughter and Camilla's ancestor were a banker or King Edward. I doubt it will be definitively determined.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #399 on: February 17, 2017, 10:19:00 pm »

^deGuernsey, Glad that you found the biography link informative.

Really A Baron
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: