Royal Gossip
March 24, 2019, 09:43:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 77453 times)
india
Princess

« Reply #360 on: July 11, 2016, 08:33:49 pm »

I have been hearing all about this for decades.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #361 on: August 31, 2016, 07:15:00 pm »

The anniversary of Diana's death.   Some interesting articles and comments out there. 

india
Princess

« Reply #362 on: August 31, 2016, 07:47:26 pm »

They made a big mistake 19 years ago. And her boys know the truth.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #363 on: September 02, 2016, 12:15:58 am »

The big mistake was Charles huge sense of entitlement. Camilla married someone else, Kanga married someone else but Charles still had them as his mistresses. Charles should have had counseling before he even thought of marrying someone. And Camilla advising him about his bride to be was really very twisted and sick IMO anyway. Diana never stood a chance. But Charles did get those heirs. I have no sympathy for C and C. They deserve each other.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #364 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:29 am »

I am re reading Stephen Barry's book, he was Charles' valet when Diana came on the scene.  He states Diana was invited to stay at Camilla and APB's home, which was very close to Highgrove, when Charles was asking Diana to marry him.   Wicked People.  sauer

sandy
Princess

« Reply #365 on: September 06, 2016, 05:44:25 pm »

Charles and Camilla I think are not the least bit sorry.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #366 on: September 07, 2016, 12:42:22 am »

They are a pair of raptors.  sigh

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #367 on: September 10, 2016, 03:45:51 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3782534/What-naughty-girl-Former-maid-reveals-Camilla-s-great-granny-Alice-Keppel-famously-seduced-Edward-VII-bedded-men-money.html

Camilla's grandmother Sonia Keppel is reported to be illegitimate daughter of Edward VII and Alice Keppel. 

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #368 on: September 10, 2016, 04:04:42 am »

Absolutely as they are both descendants of James I and VI - as was Diana and is Sarah Ferguson. All three women are descended from one or more of the mistresses of Charles II, James I and VIs' grandson while Charles is descended from James' daughter - Elizabeth (whose youngest daughter was Sophia of Hanover and from whom the Hanoverians claim the throne.)
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #369 on: September 10, 2016, 05:42:24 am »

This is a question of second cousins once removed, a lot more recent than Mary Queen of Scot's son, James VI and I.

HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2016, 06:09:28 am »

I don't think Charles would care. It would only strengthen his argument in his mind that she has the royal blood to be Queen.. Let us  remember until recently the royal  would attend  family gatherings looking for a spouse ...
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #371 on: September 10, 2016, 06:25:01 am »

This is a question of second cousins once removed, a lot more recent than Mary Queen of Scot's son, James VI and I.

The question asked was 'are they related?' not 'how closely are they related'?

The simple answer is that they are related - like most of the aristocracy who are mostly descended from James I and VI through Charles II and his large brood of illegitimate children whose descendants married into many of the aristocratic families of England.

There is no real evidence that Sonia is Edward VII's child - just rumour and speculation. He never acknowledged her as his illegitimate child and given the fact that Alice was hardly monogamous even at the time she was Edward's mistress, it would be hard to prove without DNA evidence and that isn't going to happen.

The article also has a number of 'errors' and is relying on the memories of an 80+ year old women who worked below stairs.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #372 on: September 11, 2016, 10:22:02 pm »

Does it matter? It's not as if there are not marriages between cousins or even between aunts and uncles in their families.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #373 on: September 12, 2016, 12:07:55 am »

ick
sandy
Princess

« Reply #374 on: September 12, 2016, 07:56:36 pm »

I think it more than a "could have been" speculation for Sonia Keppel being the child of Edward VII. Some writers say her father was a wealthy banker that Alice Keppel had a liaison with. There was no DNA testing like the ones for the deceased Russian Royal Family some years ago.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #375 on: September 12, 2016, 10:27:24 pm »

Camilla's grt grandmother had sex with rich men for money.   It is well documented.   Is Camilla any different. ?  She lost her fortune in the Lloyds Bank Fiasco.   Amazingly she now owns a manor house, and her children are now millionaires.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #376 on: September 13, 2016, 01:51:41 am »

Prostitutes (women who have sex for money) should not be rewarded with titles and jewels.  thumbsdown  ick
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #377 on: September 13, 2016, 02:03:53 am »

In Latin American culture, men who marry their mistresses are often discredited. I was reading a biography about Dorothy Dandridge and while a wealthy industrialist courted her, he would never marry her because of her profession as an actress. Now, while I think having a past is nothing to be ashamed of, I think the minute a woman decides to be a mistress/side piece, that is where she should stay.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #378 on: September 13, 2016, 05:17:30 am »

Charles really shot himself in the foot when he married her.  They were going to do an investigation into his taxes, and how he was claiming her as a dependent.  Next thing, they are getting married.    It's well documented.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #379 on: September 13, 2016, 10:42:21 am »

Why was she a dependent? If he wanted to give her money, that's his business (as long as it's his money and not the taxpayers'), but don't claim her as a dependent. She was not a child or a disabled person who needed care.  thumbsdown
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: