Royal Gossip
October 23, 2017, 11:36:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 62976 times)
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 10:23:03 am »

I remember when this happened, and then years later we have Prince Andrew's comments on foreign trips being disclosed via a British diplomat and Wikileaks.  I guess that before we had Wikileaks, we had secretaries and photocopiers.

It does sound like he was circulating his journals in a semi-professional capacity, ie he was playing the diplomat and trying to influence officials behind the scenes.  It's jolly difficult for any media outlet or anyone else in the UK to try and hold the RF to account.  I hope one day that will change (or they can give both Duchies back!).

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 12:59:00 pm »

Since the taxpayers pay for all these trips that Royals take I feel like anything associated with the trips belong to the taxpayers. That would include Journals, Diaries and any and all gifts.  eating cookies
Spice
Countess

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 09:00:19 am »

^Gifts, indeed.  The proceeds from one of Camilla's Saudi necklaces could probably pay for at least one Middleton Mansion.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
lilariel
gossip insider

The Gloucesters-The Duke and Prince William

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 12:39:17 pm »

I know it is pretty early in NippleGate but was just thinking-has anyone heard anything even unofficial from like a good insider or twitter-in-the-know sort of source-of reaction from any Royal Fam Mem yet? Like any news hinted at what Pr Charles is doing with this or anyones whispered reaction besides "palace outraged"?

The only thing I remember reading somewhere is that the Duke and Duchess(read Wills) were the main "writers" of the released statement. Had the vibe that while it was confirmed as coming from the St James with the strong language and the "Diana card" woven literally into the released statement that the palace peeps seemed to want it known they hadn't drawn it up. Felt like someone trying to leak out that it might have still been worded strongly but quite differently(less emotional toned) if they had and wanted it known their hands weren't directly on it. I know Her Maj won't comment but just wondering if any "eyes" have seen and reported anything about what others might be thinking about it or acting accordingly to it-like even good V Linley? huh
Spice
Countess

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 12:04:13 am »

I haven't seen anything specific yet, but I'm sure in time we will.

I think it's interesting that when PH needed help it was very clear that papa was stepping in to 'protect' him, but when it's PW then he is the one who fronts it.  This makes PH seem like he's still a child, that he can't lead the official response to his own scandal, but PW can, because he's married so he's a 'real' adult now.  Of course it also makes Waity look like she is being treated as a child, because her Husband is defending her 'honour' (such as it is).

David Linley is probably embarrassed by it all, unless he was involved in it.  Something that is not widely known is that the Linleys are in fact filthy rich, largely due to lavish inheritances from both sides.  And where did Princess Margaret get her money from?  The taxpayer of course.

Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 01:11:56 am »

Spice she was also very heavily subsidized by HM, and several rich friends. One of whom gave her the house in Mustique.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 05:56:59 am »

True, a lot of her money came from HM, but where did she get her money from?  I don't subscribe to the view that the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster are private money - they should be in public hands, like they were back in the middle ages.

Some of Margaret's estate was made up of the proceeds from the sale of possessions like the Poltimore Tiara, which I think was a gift from the Queen or the QM.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 11:10:59 am »

I am of the opinion (supported by long reasearch) that all the money the royals have today is, one way or another, via the public.

There is a book from 1995 called Royal Fortune by a Profesor Phillip Hall who attempted to unravel the Royals income, taxes etc and had a hell of a job with documents being with-held or suddenly withdrawn from such as the British Library.

It's high time an updated book was published as much has changd since then.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 04:52:47 pm »

I thought Margaret didn't have too much money and at least her family had to sell a lot of things to pay for succession taxes. Was Snowdon rich?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:25 pm »

Camilla's humiliation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-324169/Camillas-humiliation.html

a blast from the past but interesting nonetheless

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 08:28:56 pm »

I haven't seen anything specific yet, but I'm sure in time we will.

I think it's interesting that when PH needed help it was very clear that papa was stepping in to 'protect' him, but when it's PW then he is the one who fronts it.  This makes PH seem like he's still a child, that he can't lead the official response to his own scandal, but PW can, because he's married so he's a 'real' adult now.  Of course it also makes Waity look like she is being treated as a child, because her Husband is defending her 'honour' (such as it is).

David Linley is probably embarrassed by it all, unless he was involved in it.  Something that is not widely known is that the Linleys are in fact filthy rich, largely due to lavish inheritances from both sides.  And where did Princess Margaret get her money from?  The taxpayer of course.

..or maybe Pr. Charles doesn't want to defend Kate.
I think it speaks volumnes the only one defending her is William basically.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:33:22 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 10:31:38 pm »

The whole "outrage" from the Palace is actually eerily quiet. I may have missed things but the usual barrage of support stories and Tweets - even from the Cambridges' own circle seems to be strangely quiet.

So far we've had Fergie and a pretend story about Sophie sending support which turned out to be a short comment from her ex business partner saying she perhaps has called her.

It's PW whose calling for people to be jailed I think and it was made very clear the strongly worded statement from SJP was from W&K - including the now highly derided "greed" comment which many commentators think is pretty rich coming from a) the RF and b) goldigging Waity

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 11:02:19 pm »

Perhaps Charles and the rest see William losing control and want to avoid any more escalation.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 12:42:50 am »

Maybe the palace is being quiet because they do not want to be asked why they were in France instead of the Paralympics in the first place.   bignono

I wish someone would start asking that question.  laundry
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 12:55:04 am »

I think that question won't be answered until the RF gets the asnwer from WK.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 01:09:04 am »

Perhaps Charles and the rest see William losing control and want to avoid any more escalation.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Remember when Kate said to the Jigsaw co-workers "it's his daddy's fault" we broke up, well now maybe Pr.Charles is just going to watch her twist in the wind and let William handle it and support her on his own. Afterall Charles gave her support during the Uncle Gary Skeevy-druggie scandal, maybe PrCharles is just not going to lift a finger for her, this time?

The Queen is sure silent. The Queen always came to Sophie's defense in scandal.

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 01:17:36 am »

I am more than sure that Charles didn't defend her because she wasn't his daughter and I am sometimes weirded out that because she was an official girlfriend, that for some reason that automatically entitled her to the palace coming to her defense, or that the RF owed her something. As for blaming Charles, she's also been leveling accusations at Camilla and publicly implying that the two of them have some 'right' to the throne right after HM. I am sure Charles loves this, seeing Kate squirm.

Spice
Countess

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 08:27:56 am »

I thought Margaret didn't have too much money and at least her family had to sell a lot of things to pay for succession taxes. Was Snowdon rich?

I don't really know.  I'm assuming the Linleys are filthy rich because they could afford to buy and restore this property in France, she runs a posh store in London selling products from the lavender farm, and they presumably own their house in Chelsea.  His furniture business is probably quite successful.  They did sell a lot of Margaret's things, no doubt to pay tax but also they may have taken some of the money from that for buying properties etc.  Serena's family are old money.  Snowdon was not rich when he came into the RF in 1960, but he has probably made a fortune since. 

The QM provided for her grandchildren in her Will, I am sure she left a large sum for Margaret too, which would have gone straight to her kids of course because she died 6 weeks before the QM.

Spice
Countess

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 08:41:25 am »

Camilla's humiliation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-324169/Camillas-humiliation.html

a blast from the past but interesting nonetheless

Def an interesting read, thanks for posting.  I had a wee laugh at this:
She and Charles will arrive at Chester Cathedral separately and travel in different cars to the reception at the Grosvenor family seat of Eaton Hall, where Harry disgraced himself five years ago by drinking excessively and vomiting over the Duke's antique carpets.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 03:01:48 pm »

I laughed with that sentence too. But sadly he hasn't seemed to change much

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: