Royal Gossip
August 24, 2017, 05:57:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 60951 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: August 22, 2011, 04:09:26 pm »

Who we gonna call? Quackbuster!

It began in 2005 when he rubbished a report, sponsored by the Prince, which supported the idea that the NHS would save up to £3.5 billion a year if it spent more on alternative therapies. “I knew the facts extremely well as I had done a similar report for the World Health Organisation, and didn’t mince my words.”

Sir Michael Peat, the Prince of Wales’s private secretary, complained that Prof Ernst had breached confidentiality by speaking to a newspaper. “There was a 13-month investigation and I was shown to be innocent, but all fund-raising stopped. After that, I was persona non grata.” This, he believes, led to the funding crisis that forced him into early retirement, aged 63.

“Both the vice-chancellor of Exeter University and the dean of the Peninsula Medical School were knighted.” For taking the Prince’s side? “Cause and effect are not proven.”

Last month, Prof Ernst told a conference in London that he considered the Prince “a snake-oil salesman” for supporting “unproven and disproved” remedies and for selling a £10 Duchy Herbals Detox Tincture. The range, he said, should be renamed “Dodgy Originals”.

The battle between the two men is one of principle, he says. “We urgently need to focus on the safety of alternative treatments, of which there are about 400.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/alternativemedicine/8711875/Who-we-gonna-call-Quackbuster.html

What the heck?!?! This is awful, I cannot believe this  Lips Sealed

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »

Please all that doesn't deserve a whole thread post it here.  thankyou

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:29:09 pm »

Mark Stewart ‏ @RegalEyes    · Open
It was kisses all round as the Duchess of Cornwall bumped into ex husband Andrew Parker Bowles and the Princess Royal at Cheltenham Races

Lips Sealed

Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 09:39:20 pm »

God Tom PB is ugly... so glad William and Harry had Diana for a mother.

Andrew PB looks like the "stuffed stoat" Camilla used to call him, actually so does their son.

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 10:15:39 pm »

^ I try not to imagine what Camilla and Charles' sprogs would have looked like  ick We, as a nation, were at least spared that  nervous

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 04:40:19 am »

I think that once Charles got married, Camilla should have backed off and worked on her own marriage; sleeping with someoen and then trying to be friends is impossible and I that if not for a lot of factors, things would have been different. Charles strikes me as utterly ignorant about a lot of things and I am more than sure that after he dumped her the first time in the nineties, his staff should have moved in and made things a lot more difficult.

I notice just now that each time a Windsor man breaks off a relationship and then gets back together, it ends up in marriage. All that had to be done was a little hardball and a lot of ruthlessness.

If Diana had wanted ot be really cruel, she could have remained the wife and ended up keeping Camilla in the mistress position, thus keeping up the possibility of winning her husband back in time. As she matured things got better between her and Charles and I think that things might have changed.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 09:31:03 pm »

You do have a point Kuei Fei.

thumbsup

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 11:05:32 pm »

I think that once Charles got married, Camilla should have backed off and worked on her own marriage; sleeping with someoen and then trying to be friends is impossible and I that if not for a lot of factors, things would have been different. Charles strikes me as utterly ignorant about a lot of things and I am more than sure that after he dumped her the first time in the nineties, his staff should have moved in and made things a lot more difficult.

I notice just now that each time a Windsor man breaks off a relationship and then gets back together, it ends up in marriage. All that had to be done was a little hardball and a lot of ruthlessness.

If Diana had wanted ot be really cruel, she could have remained the wife and ended up keeping Camilla in the mistress position, thus keeping up the possibility of winning her husband back in time. As she matured things got better between her and Charles and I think that things might have changed.

thumbsup
I agree, I feel like that too. 

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 10:54:55 pm »

I just don't understand why these Windsor men don't have the guts to call it off and keep it off; he had a wife that most men would KILL for, he had two healthy kids that any father would adore, but he blew it all, all for a woman who has brought him nothing but grief and problems and divisions. All because of his affair, he ended up losing his hard won reputation, he lost a lot of his dignity, and he lost his credibility, and a large amount of people don't want him to be king. I am sure that in time Diana would have ended up maturing and saving herself and I am sure that he would have been able to take a more proportional view of the situation they were in.

I sometimes wonder, that if he hadn't been so badly treated, if he might have turned out differently. Philip supposedly resented him because he viewed Charles as 'privileged' and felt that he had to 'toughen' Charles up (which apparently translated into verbally abusing him) and scarred him from life and in a lot of ways, left him without a father figure. then of course, watching his mother take a passive stance while Philip slept around, almost frenetically. I don't think Philip was a good influence on Charles and HM should have ended up taking a much more firm stance with either adultery or how Charles was treated as a kid. A lot of it has no excuse to let your kid be treated like that.

I wonder, if Charles had kept it called off, if William might have turned out differently. William might have had the guts to call it off with Kate and keep it off and then end up taking a firm stand with the press and public.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 11:34:12 am »

Prince of Wales's brother-in-law dreads the Olympics

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9370536/Prince-of-Waless-brother-in-law-dreads-the-Olympics.html

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 07:01:11 pm »

I love this pic of Charles http://thestwrd.com/post/24591397861 he is so much stylish than his sons

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 07:20:31 pm »

I agree Charles knows how to dress himself nicely. Harry is pretty good, but William looks like a slob a lot of the time.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 09:14:05 pm »

I agree Chuck and Hazza know how to dress  flirt ...Willy that is another story  Lips Sealed.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 02:55:41 pm »

Off with their heads! Prince Charles wages war on orange blooms at Highgrove

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2170364/KATIE-NICHOLL-Off-heads-Prince-Charles-wages-war-orange-blooms-Highgrove.html

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 09:09:59 pm »

I didn't know this story

His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales v Associated Newspapers Ltd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/His_Royal_Highness_the_Prince_of_Wales_v_Associated_Newspapers_Ltd

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 09:22:49 pm »

I do recall the "appalling old waxworks" story during the handover of "Honkers" and something vaguely tells me a servant leaked extracts from his dairy. I didn't know it was a court case.

Here's a copy of the High Court Judgement it seems PC is in the habit of keeping a journal of overseas visits and circulates them to a select list within the various palaces on his return. The crux of the story is here:

A Ms Sara Goodall was employed by the Household of the Claimant as a secretary to
the Deputy Private Secretary at St James’s Palace between 23 May 1988 and 21
December 2000. The Claimant contends she wrongly copied a number of the journals,
including the Hong Kong Journal, removed those copies from the Claimant’s private
office and gave copies of them, through an intermediary, to The Mail on Sunday.
Thereafter and, it is said, knowing of their confidential nature, The Mail on Sunday
published quotations and other material from the Hong Kong Journal and threatens to
make further use of the journals in future newspaper articles. In these circumstances
the Claimant contends that the Defendant has acted in breach of confidence and
infringed his copyright and threatens so to do.

http://www.5rb.com/docs/HRH%20Prince%20of%20Wales-v-Associated%20Newspapers%20Ltd%20ChD%2013%20Jan%202006.pdf
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:28:37 pm by True Brit » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 09:27:11 pm »

I've been searching jurisprudence about privacy and found a couple that were interesting like one about the Earl Spencer. As it is against the own press maybe it's the reason we don't get to know more about the cases.

I cannot believe that they decided to publish Charles' diary  huh

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 09:31:43 pm »

I have to say I would think this to be a breach of confidence in this matter. Although PC's lobbying and consitutional role was a major part of the defence:

The Defendant resists the claim and intends to contest the application for summary
judgment. Through counsel it has said that it anticipates serving reasonably
substantial evidence dealing with a range of factual matters including the Claimant’s
constitutional role and functions, the Claimant’s history of private lobbying of
democratically elected persons on topics of political importance, the Claimant’s
history of voluntary disclosure to the public of his views on a range of topics and the
Claimant’s boycotting of certain official dinners

I haven't seen the Earl Spencer stories. If you are looking for court cases there is an official web site that has them all - called Bailli - there is a search engine but it's vast so there may be some goodies in there we were unaware of.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:34:53 pm by True Brit » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 09:35:00 pm »

I was looking into the European Court Justice but as their search engine is so bad I was searching in google  Embarrassed I usually use westlaw but too much work for right now; I will try the Bailli website, strange that it's free.

Leila
Countess

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »

They pubished parts of his private journals? They're that stupid?!    blink
It doesn't matter what lobbying PC does or that he's a public person, it's not like they were letters to MPs or something like that.
They might have got away with it after his death, but whie he's still alive? wtf 

This is the second time in a single day I'm defending them.  Shocked

I've been searching jurisprudence about privacy and found a couple that were interesting like one about the Earl Spencer. As it is against the own press maybe it's the reason we don't get to know more about the cases.
2000 was also before the internet really took off.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:55:12 pm by Leila » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: